Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Am I wrong or is $3600 a month to store a 39' boat on trailer expensive. >

Am I wrong or is $3600 a month to store a 39' boat on trailer expensive.

Notices

Am I wrong or is $3600 a month to store a 39' boat on trailer expensive.

Old 01-16-2018, 08:51 PM
Registered

Received 698 Likes on 341 Posts

There's shops that file that the day the boat shows up and release it when you pay the bill no matter who the customer is.
Old 01-16-2018, 09:42 PM
Registered

Received 231 Likes on 90 Posts

The least expensive day to get it will be tomorrow. Its only going to get worse as time goes on. Go pay the bill, get it out of there and then call Pam Bondi's office and see what recourse you have being that no agreement or repair order was ever signed. My guess is that you will get the majority of your money back.

Joe
Old 01-17-2018, 01:26 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,815 Likes on 903 Posts

Pay the bill with a CC and then dispute the charge that you were forced to pay under duress to obtain your property.
Old 01-17-2018, 02:48 AM
Registered

Received 186 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by BigSilverCat
I have been charged $175 per day for outside storage for just a car. There are laws about sqft and options they have like cameras, fence, guard, ect. and with most of the options they can charge up to around $1 per square foot per day when they want to screw you. So in the wrong circumstance you could have a $10,000 bill for a month of storage. I have been to court over this and have won and lost, usually from me being arrested and the car being towed to a storage lot.
“usually from me being arrested and the car being towed to a storage lot.”

Now that is the best post I’ve seen this year, BadArse!
Old 01-17-2018, 06:39 AM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by turbos230
What do you mean came on strong can you send me a example of a post or something I said that says I came on strong.How am I the bad guy? Someone wants to charge me 42,000 a years storage rate to store my boat without engines or drives and you are throwing bombs at me?Maybe you are just a negative hater type person
here is one:
Originally Posted by turbos230
Ok this is my idea tell me your feedback
First I want to build super bulletproof short blocks and I will put the heads fuel injection myself.
I want to complete a list of parts to buy and then buy the parts online and send them to a machine shop where they will balance and assemble the parts and then send me the short blocks
I want to buy online because it is cheaper of course but that is not the main reason.I want to choose all the parts for my build and if you buy a premade engine it will never be exactly how you like it.

Does anyone know of a shop that has the ability to balance crank shafts and built with high quality standards, where I can do it how I want.Anywhere in the usa

Just a guess but I suspect the shop holding your boat hostage is tired of dealing with you. What is the rest of the story regarding the shop? You started a thread about the storage ($120 a day) but why was it there 20 days and why are you taking it out of there.
Old 01-17-2018, 06:54 AM
Registered

Received 698 Likes on 341 Posts

First time customer drops off a boat with no motors or drives, gets into a battle and trying to pull the boat out 20 days later? This story has potential
Old 01-17-2018, 07:51 AM
Registered

Received 317 Likes on 174 Posts

So, tell us.....who is this horrible marine business? How about a pic of the boat, don't think I have ever seen one. This is the one that originally had Arneson drives, right?

Padraig
Old 01-17-2018, 08:54 AM
Racer
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

Jupiter has it right. Everyone of your posts start the same way. YOU COMPLAINING about another Florida marine business. The first one I remember was about getting kicked out of TnT...... You seem to know it all and have all the answers, maybe you should just do the work yourself and stop being OSO's biggest & latest ASKhole......
Old 01-17-2018, 03:07 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Not out of the ordinary at all. $100 per day is cheap considering you are taking up space that could be billing $100 per hour.
Old 01-17-2018, 04:35 PM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by DirtyMoney
Not out of the ordinary at all. $100 per day is cheap considering you are taking up space that could be billing $100 per hour.
And he stated "no work order" which to me means the shop wasn't ordered to do any work on it!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.