Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Cocaine Cowboy- Mickey Munday guilty again..... (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/351836-cocaine-cowboy-mickey-munday-guilty-again.html)

Jupiter Sunsation 01-17-2018 06:21 PM

Cocaine Cowboy- Mickey Munday guilty again.....

This time it was stolen cars.....

Apparently, living off his fame as an '80s Miami cocaine smuggler tied to Pablo Escobar's Medellín Cartel wasn't quite enough for Michael "Mickey" Munday. One of the Magic City's most colorful characters and a man who hosts film events and parties all over town, he was found guilty today of smuggling cars for an enormous auto-theft ring.

According to court documents, a federal jury convicted Munday of five felony counts of mail fraud and one felony count of conspiracy to commit mail fraud. Each carries a maximum sentence of 20 years in prison — so it's possible the 72-year-old will live out the rest of his life in jail. His sentencing hearing has been set for March 29. Prosecutors said the theft and fraud ring used fake paperwork to buy cars at repossession auctions. Munday was in charge of smuggling the cars into Florida.

Cocaine Cowboy Mickey Munday Convicted of Car Smuggling | Miami New Times

iamjoe 01-18-2018 11:01 AM

Some people simply have a criminal mind. My sister was that way; always looking for an angle, a short cut, a way to be nefarious. Its just the way they think

f_inscreenname 01-18-2018 11:22 PM

And some listened to him and his Don story.

Tractionless 01-19-2018 06:03 PM

After the first go-round; shouldn't have had the opportunity in the first place.

ROB FREEMAN 01-19-2018 10:56 PM

Stolen cars is better than this heroin eppidemic we all will soon face. **** cars legs get the drug dealers. That are slowly but surely taking our lives away. Not saying this cat is small news , but look around heroin is taking its grips. N it don’t let go.

underpsi68 01-20-2018 08:28 AM

Originally Posted by ROB FREEMAN (Post 4605807)
Stolen cars is better than this heroin eppidemic we all will soon face. **** cars legs get the drug dealers. That are slowly but surely taking our lives away. Not saying this cat is small news , but look around heroin is taking its grips. N it don’t let go.

Heroin is a big problem on Long Island. 2 guys I work with each lost a son last year.

iamjoe 01-21-2018 10:58 AM

That crap has been a home-wrecker for decades. The first time I saw it was 1970. I smelled something burning, went into my sisters room and she and her friends were "cookin and pushin" as they used to say. Sister had the needle up under her thumbnail, the others were main lining. Over the 30+ years she was a junkie, she did a total of 7 years (over 2 stretches) in the penitentiary (State of Illinois, Dwight). She said it was easier to score in the joint than on the street. When she was out, we waited every day for that phone call. She cleaned up in 2005 and died of cancer in 2012. She had to get her cancer meds through her jugular, no other vein was usable. Geez, the stories I could tell.

ROB FREEMAN 01-21-2018 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by iamjoe (Post 4605996)
That crap has been a home-wrecker for decades. The first time I saw it was 1970. I smelled something burning, went into my sisters room and she and her friends were "cookin and pushin" as they used to say. Sister had the needle up under her thumbnail, the others were main lining. Over the 30+ years she was a junkie, she did a total of 7 years (over 2 stretches) in the penitentiary (State of Illinois, Dwight). She said it was easier to score in the joint than on the street. When she was out, we waited every day for that phone call. She cleaned up in 2005 and died of cancer in 2012. She had to get her cancer meds through her jugular, no other vein was usable. Geez, the stories I could tell.

dam got clean .n died of cancer .. sorry to hear that . glad she had a couple of clean years . rip

open87 01-21-2018 12:46 PM

Had a cousin's youngest daughter week before Thanksgiving , found her dead from OD.. sad , she was only 22. Just a kid.

tommymonza 01-21-2018 01:26 PM

Lost my 17 year old son to oxicotin overdose Christmas morning 8 years ago. All 5 of his friends that he ran around with are dead now also.

All five at his funeral said they were never going to do drugs again. At the 1st friends funeral we heard it again, and at the 2nd friends funeral and so on and so on.

Good smart talented kids growing up near the beach in Sleepy little Naples Florida.

Painful to see the parents of the sons at the funeral and know the Hell they are going to go through the next 2 years from their Loss after finally getting through it yourselves.

Oxicotin is the number one killer of kids in SW Florida.

Something to think about if any of you have young kids and are toying with the idea of moving down south here.

And I know your kids would never do Drugs.