Outerlimits’ Next Model Move >

Outerlimits’ Next Model Move

Notices

Outerlimits’ Next Model Move

Old 01-26-2018, 12:19 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Keith Atlanta
If you are going to do outboards may as well do a Center Console. Whether its the 36 or 41 there are 20x the buyers for each if it were a Center Console.
Understood and agree but I've also already owned 2 CC's and still have the GoFast blood in my veins so every so often I see something and the gravitational pull towards a go fast resumes.
In this case I'm also actually boatless making many options more of a reality.
Old 01-26-2018, 12:24 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I really think more performance builders could keep people in their boats and off of the center consoles if we saw more open deck/bowrider type designs like the Active Thunder that was posted yesterday. It makes me wonder why more companies aren't embracing that style of design, or at least offering it. It seems like a model like this could be perfect for that.
Old 01-26-2018, 02:44 PM
Registered

Received 62 Likes on 36 Posts

I think a twin outboard v bottom is going to apeal to a small group of potential customers unfortunately. But who am I? No doubt , like everything else they roll out the door there In Bristol , it will be very nicely done and rock solid .
Old 01-26-2018, 02:53 PM
Registered

Received 90 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by NASCAT
Understood and agree but I've also already owned 2 CC's and still have the GoFast blood in my veins so every so often I see something and the gravitational pull towards a go fast resumes.
In this case I'm also actually boatless making many options more of a reality.
You sold your second 34 already? That didn't take long.
Old 01-26-2018, 03:25 PM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 2,745 Likes on 1,233 Posts

Not an apples to apples comparison, but consider this: Sport cats from 28 to 36 feet are selling for $300,000 to $400,000. Not something most people would have imagined all that long ago.

Again, not a direct comparison, but food for thought given that an outboard-powered SL 36 would include a useable cabin. (To some buyers, not all of course, that matters.)

Regarding the SL 41 with outboards, Outerlimits is finishing up its second one now. Those are two builds the company would not have had without the release of that package. (As for the financial details of the first sale, though I've gotten to know the owner, who is moving to a sit-down boat for physical reasons, pretty well, I would not presume to know them.)

No dog in this fight, other than that I wish Outerlimits and all boat builders in this segment nothing but success.

Carry on, gentlemen.
Old 01-26-2018, 03:28 PM
Registered

Received 258 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by luke81
I really think more performance builders could keep people in their boats and off of the center consoles if we saw more open deck/bowrider type designs like the Active Thunder that was posted yesterday. It makes me wonder why more companies aren't embracing that style of design, or at least offering it. It seems like a model like this could be perfect for that.
Ehhhhh I doubt it.

I love the AT idea and think it is great. I hope it sells well too.

That said it is hard to say it will steer anyone way from a CC if outboards and room to move was what you wanted and your a performance boater. My buddy took delivery of his New Statement 35 in Dec and we took it out for the first time this last Sunday. It has a cruise of 54mph with twin 350's. Tons of room, a great ride, storage space all over, and still has great lines. All in all that is very hard to beat IMO.
Old 01-26-2018, 03:51 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt Trulio
Not an apples to apples comparison, but consider this: Sport cats from 28 to 36 feet are selling for $300,000 to $400,000. Not something most people would have imagined all that long ago.

Again, not a direct comparison, but food for thought given that an outboard-powered SL 36 would include a useable cabin. (To some buyers, not all of course, that matters.)

Regarding the SL 41 with outboards, Outerlimits is finishing up its second one now. Those are two builds the company would not have had without the release of that package. (As for the financial details of the first sale, though I've gotten to know the owner, who is moving to a sit-down boat for physical reasons, pretty well, I would not presume to know them.)

No dog in this fight, other than that I wish Outerlimits and all boat builders in this segment nothing but success.

Carry on, gentlemen.
Matt,

Everything you stated is spot on but when I think of a 39' Nor-Tech Center Console and the fact it's $200k less w/ the same power but includes so much more (larger screens, windlass, fish boxes, washdowns, bow thruster, macerator toilet, multiple rod holders, sea-dek, more upholestry & seating, A/C, + many have radar or FLIR etc. So when you think of how many other features a CC offers vs a performance Vee it's a bit perplexing as to how they cost so much more.
I know OL's fit and finish is nice so maybe it's in the laminate materials and paint.
Old 01-26-2018, 04:12 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Matt,

Everything you stated is spot on but when I think of a 39' Nor-Tech Center Console and the fact it's $200k less w/ the same power but includes so much more (larger screens, windlass, fish boxes, washdowns, bow thruster, macerator toilet, multiple rod holders, sea-dek, more upholestry & seating, A/C, + many have radar or FLIR etc. So when you think of how many other features a CC offers vs a performance Vee it's a bit perplexing as to how they cost so much more.
I know OL's fit and finish is nice so maybe it's in the laminate materials and paint.
Can one put that much in laminates and paint? Must be some magical stuff
Old 01-26-2018, 06:41 PM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 2,745 Likes on 1,233 Posts

Matt,

Fair enough, my friend, and your perspective is as more informed than most. Hope all is well.
Old 01-26-2018, 07:09 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Wildman_grafix
I think it is the lack of offerings and price. Other then the AT 29 (not many made) where are other models in a moderate price range?

Also how hard is it to get the Boat balance with motors mounted high and way back? Seems for years they tried to move performance I/O’ s close to center and low, opposite with the OB.
what is considered a moderate price?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.