Active Thunder Boat Company For Sale >

Active Thunder Boat Company For Sale

Notices

Active Thunder Boat Company For Sale

Old 02-12-2018, 06:26 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,185 Likes on 515 Posts

It seems as though quite a few people read the headline, first post, and then chose to comment.

There are more details in the previous replies, and also from Pat himself on other forums. As previously stated, Pat is not looking to wholly exit for boat business/industry. The ad is not new; it's actually been up since October. And there actually are some meaningful conversations that I've been in motion. If only I was 10 years younger...
Old 02-12-2018, 06:45 PM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 2,688 Likes on 1,206 Posts

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
It seems as though quite a few people read the headline, first post, and then chose to comment.

There are more details in the previous replies, and also from Pat himself on other forums. As previously stated, Pat is not looking to wholly exit for boat business/industry. The ad is not new; it's actually been up since October. And there actually are some meaningful conversations that I've been in motion. If only I was 10 years younger...
I don't know about the ad you're referencing, but as quoted in the story Robert Dolan, the business broker involved, said he has received the listing "a little more than a week ago" when the story went live on January 31. So while the business may have been for sale and advertised as such, and I have no reason to doubt that, it was not widely publicized. (I received a thank you from Mr. Haughey via email for the news story a few days ago, for whatever that's worth.)

Carry on, gentlemen.
Old 02-12-2018, 07:27 PM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 790 Likes on 257 Posts

Originally Posted by ActiveThunder
Because, honestly, nobody has met my criteria. I have a list of investors willing to come on board. I don’t need investors or their money. As far as the Singer comparison I have been building outboard boats. This isn’t a new invention despite what is thought. And we have dual console models. That is the up and coming but not new either.

continue....
I believe IAMJOE was referencing the Black Thunder sale but I could be actively mistaken.

I look forward to following the process if someone does grab the reigns.
Old 02-12-2018, 09:12 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Because, honestly, nobody has met my criteria. I have a list of investors willing to come on board. I don’t need investors or their money. As far as the Singer comparison I have been building outboard boats. This isn’t a new invention despite what is thought. And we have dual console models. That is the up and coming but not new either.

continue....
Oh no, not AT, I'm talking about BT. Those are some pretty aggressive projections in the BT liting. I think your company is a buy for the right person
Old 02-12-2018, 09:14 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Cash Bar
I believe IAMJOE was referencing the Black Thunder sale but I could be actively mistaken.

I look forward to following the process if someone does grab the reigns.
You are correct Cash. Thanks Man
Old 02-13-2018, 01:43 AM
Registered

Received 115 Likes on 63 Posts

I’ve got a feeling that entire BT dealing is smoke and mirrors...
Old 02-13-2018, 08:04 AM
Registered

continue....
Just so you know, I have been a fan of AT since the spring grove ill days. I was a developer/builder in the same area and I used to buy cabinets from the company that was your neighbor and the ones that complained all the time about the smell of the resin. I talked to someone back then about having a 25' built with a B-bracket and twin outboards but it wasn't to be. Sorry for the confusion. BTW, has anyone seen a NEW BT? According to the listing they built a bunch of them so one would think that at some point at least one would have gotten some press, no? Just sayin
Old 02-28-2018, 07:27 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

continue....
SOOOOOO spring is in the air...boating season is coming along....You know you have the itch ...any chance you rethinking building that 29 I wanted to do?

Last edited by drejustice; 03-01-2018 at 05:33 AM.
Old 03-01-2018, 06:01 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by drejustice
SOOOOOO spring is in the air...boating season is coming along....You know you have the itch ...any chance you rethinking building that 29 I wanted to do?
we should talk.