Active Thunder Boat Company For Sale

Notices

Active Thunder Boat Company For Sale

Old 01-31-2018, 12:28 PM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 2,743 Likes on 1,231 Posts
Default Active Thunder Boat Company For Sale

Since 1994, Active Thunder’s V-bottoms have attracted an avid and loyal group of owners, https://speedonthewater.com/in-the-n...mpany-for-sale.
Old 01-31-2018, 12:54 PM
Registered

Received 86 Likes on 24 Posts

That's awfully tempting for a guy who used to work for AT and has the means to buy the company......
Old 01-31-2018, 12:57 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

WOW
Old 01-31-2018, 01:07 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Originally Posted by jupiter pulsare
that's awfully tempting for a guy who used to work for at and has the means to buy the company......
Just DO IT!

Last edited by Sydwayz; 01-31-2018 at 01:36 PM.
Old 01-31-2018, 01:30 PM
Registered

Received 3,019 Likes on 987 Posts

Kinda sad to see this. I only met Pat a couple times but seemed like a very cool guy and very laid back. Sounds like one hell of an opportunity to take over the reins of a great boat co. I hope for all parties involved when the inevitable buyer arrives, that things are smooth and AT carries on.
Old 01-31-2018, 01:50 PM
Registered

Received 1,325 Likes on 739 Posts

Another one gone.
Old 01-31-2018, 01:52 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Originally Posted by thisistank
Kinda sad to see this. I only met Pat a couple times but seemed like a very cool guy and very laid back. Sounds like one hell of an opportunity to take over the reins of a great boat co. I hope for all parties involved when the inevitable buyer arrives, that things are smooth and AT carries on.
I tend to agree on the value. This is a hellava good price for what it is. Velocity Powerboats was for sale $1M when it first was put on the block, and I think the last time I saw it listed was for $325,000.

Pat is asking $500,000 for everything that is Active Thunder, AND you get the tribal knowledge to go with it. It would cost you minimum $300K to BUILD a new 37' Active Thunder. For less than twice that, you can start building your own and shape the company they way you want.

FWIW, several of Active Thunder's previous molds sold quietly in the past; so the foundation of the company's designs are sound, and revered.
The 31' Center Console Active Thunder molds which were also the same hull as the original 28' Active Thunder were sold to the original Adrenaline Powerboats company, of which a derivative still exists today.
The 22' Active Thunder mold was licensed as a flats/fish boat for a good long while; not sure if that relationship still exists. Harry Schoell and Allan Brownie have also nailed some awesome world record setting accomplishments with that hull.
The 25' Active Thunder mold was sold some time back to another company.
The 32' Active Thunder Catamaran mold was sold to an individual (in Texas IIRC) who wanted to build he own boat for himself, and then his friends.

Usually, life happens, and priorities change.
Again, this makes me sad since I was an enthusiastic owner, and still am a huge supporter of the brand; as well as had a Factory Representative relationship with Pat/AT for quite a few years and turned quite a few people onto the brand myself.

I've had a couple friends reach out and ask me if "we should buy it". But it's not something I personally want to pursue.

Originally Posted by Wildman_grafix
Another one gone.
And for the record, the company is "not gone".
Active Thunder's #1 customer over the past couple years?
Mercury Racing/X-Test Site/Mercruiser

Pat has built them a number of boats that they literally beat the ever living 'F' out of with their new/development packages. The last one he built with a 6" thick transom, and he personally "dared them to break it". I wouldn't be surprise me if Mercury bought the company.

Last edited by Sydwayz; 01-31-2018 at 01:55 PM.
Old 01-31-2018, 02:12 PM
Registered

Received 234 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
I tend to agree on the value. This is a hellava good price for what it is. Velocity Powerboats was for sale $1M when it first was put on the block, and I think the last time I saw it listed was for $325,000.

Pat is asking $500,000 for everything that is Active Thunder, AND you get the tribal knowledge to go with it. It would cost you minimum $300K to BUILD a new 37' Active Thunder. For less than twice that, you can start building your own and shape the company they way you want.

FWIW, several of Active Thunder's previous molds sold quietly in the past; so the foundation of the company's designs are sound, and revered.
The 31' Center Console Active Thunder molds which were also the same hull as the original 28' Active Thunder were sold to the original Adrenaline Powerboats company, of which a derivative still exists today.
The 22' Active Thunder mold was licensed as a flats/fish boat for a good long while; not sure if that relationship still exists. Harry Schoell and Allan Brownie have also nailed some awesome world record setting accomplishments with that hull.
The 25' Active Thunder mold was sold some time back to another company.
The 32' Active Thunder Catamaran mold was sold to an individual (in Texas IIRC) who wanted to build he own boat for himself, and then his friends.

Usually, life happens, and priorities change.
Again, this makes me sad since I was an enthusiastic owner, and still am a huge supporter of the brand; as well as had a Factory Representative relationship with Pat/AT for quite a few years and turned quite a few people onto the brand myself.

I've had a couple friends reach out and ask me if "we should buy it". But it's not something I personally want to pursue.

And for the record, the company is "not gone".
Active Thunder's #1 customer over the past couple years?
Mercury Racing/X-Test Site/Mercruiser

Pat has built them a number of boats that they literally beat the ever living 'F' out of with their new/development packages. The last one he built with a 6" thick transom, and he personally "dared them to break it". I wouldn't be surprise me if Mercury bought the company.
That $500k can't possibly include the boats that are still "company owned"??? Doesn't AT still own the red 37 and a couple of others?
Old 01-31-2018, 02:21 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Darn!

Hate seeing this happen to the perf v's.

Hopefully there's a young excited buyer out there.
Old 01-31-2018, 02:21 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Drock78
That $500k can't possibly include the boats that are still "company owned"??? Doesn't AT still own the red 37 and a couple of others?
Uncertain on "paperwork", not our business. But I'm willing to bet that there are no completed boats included.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.