Top Midsize Offshore Boats Available >

Top Midsize Offshore Boats Available

Notices

Top Midsize Offshore Boats Available

Old 02-03-2018, 12:45 AM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

Lavey ---- are all Gel coated -- no paint - no graphics. Also the top deck and hull are bonded together making that structure one complete piece. Not like a few of the other brands mentioned up here whom just screw their top deck to the hull.

I seen those pics plus worked on a few of the other boat manu's - the banana peel effect of the top deck coming apart from the hull. Cheap build process for those brands.
Old 02-03-2018, 08:40 AM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,073 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by BUP
Lavey ---- are all Gel coated -- no paint - no graphics. Also the top deck and hull are bonded together making that structure one complete piece. Not like a few of the other brands mentioned up here whom just screw their top deck to the hull.

I seen those pics plus worked on a few of the other boat manu's - the banana peel effect of the top deck coming apart from the hull. Cheap build process for those brands.
Ive crawled through, tested, raced against or raced in every boat mentioned here except the Lavey and the OL. I trust your facts on the Lavey and OL build quality is brilliant. The only one that isnt fully capped (at the very least on the inside) is the Formula. Which few brands did you mean?

Last edited by TeamSaris; 02-03-2018 at 09:01 AM.
Old 02-03-2018, 09:52 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

WOW..... I really like the canopied Lavey. Why not notch the "bustle" and pop 2 400s on there? Yeah, A/C, maybe add a small side window for the rear seat, nice interior; make the top removable; this is the ultimate sport vee. I think this could be a very popular boat with the right exposure and a definite money maker for Lavey......... if it was priced right.
Old 02-03-2018, 04:19 PM
Registered

Received 38 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by iamjoe
WOW..... I really like the canopied Lavey. Why not notch the "bustle" and pop 2 400s on there? Yeah, A/C, maybe add a small side window for the rear seat, nice interior; make the top removable; this is the ultimate sport vee. I think this could be a very popular boat with the right exposure and a definite money maker for Lavey......... if it was priced right.

Notching the bustle can absolutely be done to fit twin outboards!
The 28 EVO uses the same bottom mold as the Lavey 2750 NuEra and they are in the process of building a twin Merc 300 boat right now New 2750 NuEra MCOB twin outboards

The 28 EVO-R pictured above does in fact have A/C, the top is removable with two people, suspension seats, full harnesses, and a small back side window can also be done! In the article it said the 28 EVO ran 97mph with the Ilmor 710, but the fastest it went was actually 106mph and the fastest one ever built ran 127mph with a GT1100.

Last edited by lavey jr; 02-03-2018 at 04:34 PM.
Old 02-03-2018, 06:41 PM
Registered

Received 569 Likes on 341 Posts

I want one
Old 02-04-2018, 11:51 AM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,073 Likes on 283 Posts

Beautiful!
Old 02-04-2018, 12:51 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3,051 Likes on 1,357 Posts

seems the drive indicators have a slight clearance issue...........and their not present in the second pic. is that foam tube used to seal the canopy.
Old 02-04-2018, 02:00 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I was wondering the same. Curious as to how well the canopy seals when installed. I guess if there were latches in the right places may not be an issue. In one pic it looks like there are rear seats so I guess its 2 buckets? I think 400s would be too much.
Old 02-04-2018, 02:59 PM
Registered

Received 38 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by F-2 Speedy
seems the drive indicators have a slight clearance issue...........and their not present in the second pic. is that foam tube used to seal the canopy.
Originally Posted by iamjoe
I was wondering the same. Curious as to how well the canopy seals when installed. I guess if there were latches in the right places may not be an issue. In one pic it looks like there are rear seats so I guess its 2 buckets? I think 400s would be too much.
There is zero clearance issues with the drive indicators, they are not present in second picture because they are further forward and cannot be seen. (pics were taken all same day) I've attached a different angle of this boats cockpit to see the indicator, along with another 28 EVO that was built.
The lid is sealed via a 3M neoprene strip and does not have air leaks/whistles. Rear seating on that boat was 1 single bucket but can also be 2 buckets.
If you look close you can almost see the neoprene seal in the last pic.

Old 02-04-2018, 06:17 PM
bwd
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JaayTeee
If Will's still building these this would be my choice in this category
https://www.offshoreonly.com/classif...17-o71562.html
He most certainly does. He has put out a couple new ones last few years. Io and outboard.