Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Where has all the excitement gone? >

Where has all the excitement gone?

Notices

Where has all the excitement gone?

Old 02-12-2018, 03:10 PM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

AND...we have some great examples in this thread of why this site and internet boating nosedived....

We all know when IB took over things went to sh!t... which gave rise to another site, which implodedwith the entire Sunkin debacle, (oso became unresponsive to it members)

Which dragged on forever becoming uglier and uglier, and just when you thought you couldnt get more nauseated logging on the whole Bob debacle started and the blood lust got even worse.. Anyone and everyone that wasn't running thru the OSO hallways carrying torches and pitchforks seemed to be fair game simply because their hands werent blood covered, (thus alienating a lot of innocent members)

All this left a lot of members basically disgusted with what OSO has become.

And here we have in this "what happened" thread, people being attacked because they stated the same boat with the same theme being redone year after year was getting stale. And we also have Sunkins blood getting smeared around. Yeah, I get the "we cant let anyone forget" chant but come on, dahmer killed people and ate their livers with a nice chianti and some fava beans and nobody is chanting about that incessantly, negativity gets old, no matter what its about,.

If you want the fire of OSO to burn bright, you have to stop pissing on the flames and searching for a reason to attack anyone sitting around the fire pit.

I love boating, I cant count the friends I have made on this site and others and the good times we have had. I try my best to make this place a light hearted, fun, interesting bit of the jackassery that is life, but its just not as FUN here as it once was. Stop the blood thirsty feeding frenzy and start busting balls........
Old 02-12-2018, 05:15 PM
Registered

Received 734 Likes on 329 Posts

Just about anyone that was here around the beginning of OSO is now 17-18 years older, think that didn't contribute to the changes on the site ? Meanwhile where does all the new young money come from to buy new boats ? Lots of people still struggling or getting started. The 2008 mess is far from over.
Old 02-12-2018, 05:16 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 591 Likes on 271 Posts

What HE said^^^^^

E Dock is All FIsh Boats Now

Except Farly
Old 02-12-2018, 06:09 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I've been here since 2003 and I still enjoy the banter not to mention the extremely deep pool of knowledge. Yeah, the AMG thing is long in the tooth, but so what? Cigarette is still making money so who are any of us to question it? I guess my point is that if its so bad, get the fu*k out of here and don't come back. No-one holding a gun to anyone's head making them come here, right? I understand constructive criticism but to sit and complain just makes it more miserable for all. If you don't like it. leave
Old 02-12-2018, 06:55 PM
Registered

Received 792 Likes on 222 Posts

Originally Posted by iamjoe
I've been here since 2003 and I still enjoy the banter not to mention the extremely deep pool of knowledge. Yeah, the AMG thing is long in the tooth, but so what? Cigarette is still making money so who are any of us to question it? I guess my point is that if its so bad, get the fu*k out of here and don't come back. No-one holding a gun to anyone's head making them come here, right? I understand constructive criticism but to sit and complain just makes it more miserable for all. If you don't like it. leave
Great post. I've been on here since 2004, and when we flipped my Skater in a poker run in 2006, every keyboard expert came on and blasted everything about what happened that day. I very simply stopped logging onto OSO. Now, over a decade later, and most of the "keyboard experts" not on here any more as they probably all lost their boats when the economy crashed, I have been back and enjoying the site again. If you don't like the site and/or the people that post here, simply don't log on!
Old 02-12-2018, 07:27 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Gentlemen, I have only been a member for two years, so I can not address the relative lack of excitement that may exist now. I for one am delighted to have OSO as is. I find a lot of helpful information here, and especially appreciate the contributions from Matt Trulio. Tank, Griff, Cash Bar, and many others with upwards of 5,000 posts are true enthusiasts, who take the time to offer input to all. I think you folks should cherish what you have. Winters are long enough in the Northeast, don't want to be reduced to posting on Solar Kayaking.com. Quit yer whining!
Old 02-13-2018, 04:56 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 122 Likes on 77 Posts

A picture is worth a thousand words. I think since you have to be a paying member or use an external hosting site to post pics is a real downside. Members used to post lots of pics and video. I can't believe I've been on here for almost 20 yrs. and four boats ago.
Old 02-13-2018, 05:54 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dave M
A picture is worth a thousand words. I think since you have to be a paying member or use an external hosting site to post pics is a real downside. Members used to post lots of pics and video. I can't believe I've been on here for almost 20 yrs. and four boats ago.
Agreed, pics do get the casual observer or browser of the site more excited or interested in this hobby/passion for powerboats. Lets face it, 99.9% of us are a part of go-fast boats because we like skanks, rowdy engines and beautiful boats that stand out at the dock. Words can't convey that anywhere near as well as pics or video.
Old 02-13-2018, 06:13 AM
Registered

Received 186 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by Gunrunner72
Agreed, pics do get the casual observer or browser of the site more excited or interested in this hobby/passion for powerboats. Lets face it, 99.9% of us are a part of go-fast boats because we like skanks, rowdy engines and beautiful boats that stand out at the dock. Words can't convey that anywhere near as well as pics or video.
"Lets face it, 99.9% of us are a part of go-fast boats because we like skanks, rowdy engines and beautiful boats that stand out at the dock."

Well said sir.
Old 02-13-2018, 06:51 AM
Registered

Received 749 Likes on 402 Posts

Originally Posted by Gunrunner72
You had me at skanks...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.