Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Fountain Kilo Record Attempt A Go For Saturday >

Fountain Kilo Record Attempt A Go For Saturday

Notices

Fountain Kilo Record Attempt A Go For Saturday

Old 02-25-2018, 10:36 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

At this point I don't think they care what it looks like I think the important thing is when they break the record or should I say shadow the record Fountain will be on top again as they always were. I'm sure when they sell the boat to the new owner that's going to race in Super V extreme you will see a new engine hatch on it. Hopefully we'll meet your satisfaction
Old 02-25-2018, 11:23 AM
Registered

Received 790 Likes on 372 Posts

Originally Posted by FlyenBrian
Sometimes I have to triple check what forum I am reading. The negativity that ripples through here totally baffles me. I self identify as NBS (non brand specific), I'm no Fountain fan boy, but what in the hell could be any more exciting for an RIVERS ONLY forum than this stuff? You guys want to read headlines like "Mystic and MTI locked in epic duel to build the biggest fishing boat." ? Anyone have a list of builders trying to set any records, of any type other than how many outboards they can hang off a center console? Jeeezeee people.....
fixed it for you...
Old 02-25-2018, 01:36 PM
Registered

Received 734 Likes on 329 Posts

Originally Posted by Xtremeracing
At this point I don't think they care what it looks like I think the important thing is when they break the record or should I say shadow the record Fountain will be on top again as they always were. I'm sure when they sell the boat to the new owner that's going to race in Super V extreme you will see a new engine hatch on it. Hopefully we'll meet your satisfaction
You're probably correct but it still looks like a station wagon or a pick up truck bed cap.
Old 02-25-2018, 02:36 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Let it be
Old 02-25-2018, 05:57 PM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

Originally Posted by Interceptor
You're probably correct but it still looks like a station wagon or a pick up truck bed cap.

Good God, Has Reggie gone and built the Wagon Queen Family Boatster???
Old 02-25-2018, 05:59 PM
Registered

Received 830 Likes on 350 Posts

Should’ve painted wood paneling on the side! Lol
Old 02-25-2018, 06:25 PM
Registered

Received 792 Likes on 447 Posts

Hopefully we'll meet your satisfaction
Is the JD By Rider team going up to extreme with this boat or is the statement factory pride talking
Old 02-25-2018, 08:25 PM
Registered

Received 460 Likes on 244 Posts

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^, i actually thought the boat was always the new owners boat on loan for the kilo.
i.e. someone wants a new raceboat, but fountains only building center consoles.

reggie brokers a deal w/ the big bosses, something like,

"hey we'll bring in a laminate team, rigging team etc etc, and announce it as a factory kilo boat"
(cuz would you go 200 in something built on the production line)

parent company grants use of ole building # whatever and use of the molds.
(cuz if you were the big boss would you lay out half a million for this)
new owner wants it and is gonna pay for the lay up, rigging and all the parts anyway so what does the parent company have to lose.
win- marketing for parent company
win- the reggie's back buzz
win- on loan sterling kilo engines, aka marketing
win- who ever wanted a new boat got it
win- we get to see another boat hit the race course.

i have an overactive imagination, but all good i say, however it came to be, and waiting on wednesday

Last edited by outonsafari; 02-25-2018 at 08:30 PM.
Old 02-25-2018, 10:19 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 224 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by IGetWet
Should’ve painted wood paneling on the side! Lol
... and the rest metallic pea
Old 02-26-2018, 06:00 AM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by outonsafari
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^, i actually thought the boat was always the new owners boat on loan for the kilo.
i.e. someone wants a new raceboat, but fountains only building center consoles.

reggie brokers a deal w/ the big bosses, something like,

"hey we'll bring in a laminate team, rigging team etc etc, and announce it as a factory kilo boat"
(cuz would you go 200 in something built on the production line)

parent company grants use of ole building # whatever and use of the molds.
(cuz if you were the big boss would you lay out half a million for this)
new owner wants it and is gonna pay for the lay up, rigging and all the parts anyway so what does the parent company have to lose.
win- marketing for parent company
win- the reggie's back buzz
win- on loan sterling kilo engines, aka marketing
win- who ever wanted a new boat got it
win- we get to see another boat hit the race course.

i have an overactive imagination, but all good i say, however it came to be, and waiting on wednesday
Not to be daddy downer but one would also have to weigh out the potential downside of the marketing machine.
What will the owner think of his investment if they don't break the record and or there's a crash, injury or fatality?
What confidence will the public have in the product if it doesn't run as fast or faster w/ more h.p.?
What if the boat disintergrates into smitherines, would you buy one??
My point being, I think you must run the play both ways.

IMO you can build the boat and set the date for the record attempt but you don't mention what your speed potential or goal is.
You work hard, test and attempt to set the record. If you are successful then you campaign and run your "WIN" list. If not, it's simply a fail record attempt no different than any other record attempt in any sport.

Personally I'd rather have seen them approach this like a heavy weight boxing title only consider themselves the underdogs, not run their mouth about what they are going to do, just allow their accomplishments to speak for themselves in the ring or in this case on the water.
I know this isn't the Reggie Fountain way but I believe there would be much more to celebrate if successful and much less negative fallout should the record not be broken.

Just my $.02

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.