Fountain Kilo Record Attempt A Go For Saturday

Notices

Fountain Kilo Record Attempt A Go For Saturday

Old 02-27-2018, 10:38 AM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

Originally Posted by GRH
your deflecting....
Im deflecting??? I said fountain went bankrupt, Even Reggie himself has admitted he should have positioned himself better... your the one trying to bring in other boat makers etc...... Im deflecting?? you commented on my reply to this thread..what exactly is it your trying to say???
Old 02-27-2018, 10:42 AM
Registered

Received 341 Likes on 119 Posts

I'm hearing they could only turn 6500 RPM on those 7500 red line Sterlings. Gonna have to make some set up changes, figure out how to make that big arse engine hatch more aerodynamic, and shorten the huge lead-in that they have to the water pick-up.
Old 02-27-2018, 10:55 AM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 795 Likes on 258 Posts

Rollin1405, I think Indy was saying OL was doing well. He was responding to Keith from post 121.
Old 02-27-2018, 10:56 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by IGetWet
Sometimes I can’t tell if people are being sarcastic or serious.... Are you familiar with Reggie Fountain?
Ah yes, the crux of this entire thread. Anyone else know a 77 year old wealthy retiree who would rather take on the challenge of the kilo record than vegetate in Miami all winter? Those of us older than 50 remember back to the late 80's when Reggie took the market by storm with his Executioner10 meter which I believe was a reworked Excalibur before Reggie designed his own line. Folks who are blinded by brand still have to recognize the significant contributions made by this man for the last 30 years. For sure his ego exacerbates some folks, but he also is incredibly competitive. Remember he was Mercury Racing's hot shoe and won plenty of races before getting into manufacturing. I am a Cigarette guy through and through, but would never be naive enough to trivialize Mr. Fountain's incredible accomplishments. JMHO!
Old 02-27-2018, 11:06 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3,043 Likes on 1,355 Posts

Originally Posted by Cash Bar
Rollin1405, I think Indy was saying OL was doing well. He was responding to Keith from post 121.
Moderator, Piece maker, baby sitter, get the class in order CB.....lol
Old 02-27-2018, 12:41 PM
Registered

Received 698 Likes on 341 Posts

Originally Posted by sprsptr
Ah yes, the crux of this entire thread. Anyone else know a 77 year old wealthy retiree who would rather take on the challenge of the kilo record than vegetate in Miami all winter? Those of us older than 50 remember back to the late 80's when Reggie took the market by storm with his Executioner10 meter which I believe was a reworked Excalibur before Reggie designed his own line. Folks who are blinded by brand still have to recognize the significant contributions made by this man for the last 30 years. For sure his ego exacerbates some folks, but he also is incredibly competitive. Remember he was Mercury Racing's hot shoe and won plenty of races before getting into manufacturing. I am a Cigarette guy through and through, but would never be naive enough to trivialize Mr. Fountain's incredible accomplishments. JMHO!
early 80’s actually. My 10 meter is an 83
Old 02-27-2018, 01:14 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Marginmn
I'm hearing they could only turn 6500 RPM on those 7500 red line Sterlings. Gonna have to make some set up changes, figure out how to make that big arse engine hatch more aerodynamic, and shorten the huge lead-in that they have to the water pick-up.
Totally agree, Hatch and water pickup are two big factors for sure, Billy was telling me how he was waiting for the gauge to pop out and hit him in the chest because there was so much pressure and the gauge was pegged during testing the other day, had to much of a lead-in on it. I guess we will see in the morning fingers crossed!
Old 02-27-2018, 01:54 PM
Registered

Received 341 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by ridefast77
Totally agree, Hatch and water pickup are two big factors for sure, Billy was telling me how he was waiting for the gauge to pop out and hit him in the chest because there was so much pressure and the gauge was pegged during testing the other day, had to much of a lead-in on it. I guess we will see in the morning fingers crossed!
I'm rooting for them. Hope they figure it out.
Old 02-27-2018, 02:07 PM
Registered

Received 749 Likes on 402 Posts

Just shows how amazing OL's run was to take the record from Reggie. Nothing easy about this. Wonder if the hatch is lifting the stern or pushing it down?
Old 02-27-2018, 02:12 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The hatch is not the most beautiful thing in the world, but again, these guys are aware and knowledgeable than the large majority of us, hence I'm guessing it ended up being what it is for a reason. They ran an average of 175 today while not in "full dressed" condition. Rather than break everyone's balls about ancient history, lets guess at where they'll run tomorrow barring any weather BS. I going to say 204, two-way average. Then may I suggest that they put it on the trailer, drag it around the country showing it off and make the most of what I think will be a huge success or they could donate it to the iamjoe boat fund (my preference) .................

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.