Notices

Kentucky Lake Questions

Old 02-22-2018, 07:25 PM
Registered

Received 177 Likes on 114 Posts
Default Kentucky Lake Questions

Greetings all.
Well it looks like I am towing the boat to Kentucky Lake for the summer. Currently looking at renting storage close to Kentucky Dam Marina. Anybody know of any available enclosed storage 35’-40’ The (only) place I found available seems high at $150 but all of the $100 I found are taken.
I am hoping to get some knowledge about the area and local performance boating and entertainment. I have never been there and know only what I have read on the I-Net. Looks like a killer location.Any and all info will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Old 02-23-2018, 07:19 AM
Registered

Received 419 Likes on 252 Posts

The storage issue I can't help you with, but I have a condo there and can help you with all of the rest. We are on the lake every weekend once the weather cooperates. Where are you planning on staying this summer?
Old 02-23-2018, 07:56 AM
ben
Registered

Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts

Moors Resort is also an excellent marina if you can find storage closer to there for cheaper. It's about 5 miles down the lake from the dam and right across from the rock quarry.
Old 02-23-2018, 08:21 AM
Registered

I am planning several week plus trips (from Houston, TX) to the lake. Currently not planning on staying all summer (the boat will stay in enclosed storage for season) so accommodations will be more transient at this point, things may change. I've boated in many parts of the country but never around this part. Looks beautiful and I love the wide open boating this area provides. The small lakes and commercial gulf around Houston do not fit my preferences.
When does the boating season typically open/close on the lake? Any night life?
Thank you for the responses and keep them coming. I want to get there with a base knowledge of what's happening.
Gary
Old 02-23-2018, 09:56 AM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

I think you might have better luck with storage on the Lake Barkley side of the two lakes its about a 15 minute ride from the two most popular marinas down the lake to the canal that connects to KY lake. As for storage check with Q&M Marina/Watersports in Eddyville they have two large enclosed storage buildings (I store mine with them during the winter) each about 10 minutes from two launch ramps you could also call Hu B's Offshore Marine in Eddyville they also offer indoor storage not sure what size of boat your running but $100-$150 for indoor storage sounds about right for the area. There is definitely no night life in town this is rural western KY but Buzzard Rock and Hu B's Marina both have live music and good crowds on the weekends and they are both on lake Barkley you have to run about 40-50 miles south on Kentucky Lake to find any marina bars for anything other than food. Staying around the lake is tough I gave up several years ago and bought a condo on Lake Barkley. The Moor's on KY Lake is by far the nicest place to stay but its costly during the summer, on the Lake Barkley side Echo Charlie's Marina has rentals cabins but if you could also try VRBO.com and search Eddyville & Kuttawa , KY.
Old 02-23-2018, 10:11 AM
ben
Registered

Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts

Not many places to party on the lake at night since it has been a dry county until a year or two ago.
Rock Quarry is always a good time during the day if the weather is good, and Moors has a bar and restaurant with live music on the weekends.
Not sure what other marinas have a bar and music..
Old 02-23-2018, 10:15 AM
Registered

Just locked down storage at Lakeshore, part of Ky Dam Marina just across the street from Ken-Bar. 12x12x36. When does it warm up for the season? I have done a lot of boating in Fl, Sacramento Delta, Colorado River. This is my first venture at Inland Lakes and Rivers. Hoping to maybe end the season in Mobile, Al with the boat. I am thinking of taking I-10 to I-55 to avoid hills (low power tow vehicle), any comments on this route?
Thanks again for the info.
Old 02-23-2018, 12:25 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by GLENAMY 242SS
Just locked down storage at Lakeshore, part of Ky Dam Marina just across the street from Ken-Bar. 12x12x36. When does it warm up for the season? I have done a lot of boating in Fl, Sacramento Delta, Colorado River. This is my first venture at Inland Lakes and Rivers. Hoping to maybe end the season in Mobile, Al with the boat. I am thinking of taking I-10 to I-55 to avoid hills (low power tow vehicle), any comments on this route?
Thanks again for the info.
Lake Shore will be good for storage my dad stores is 25' Outlaw there try to arrange a unit on the back side of the building if they out you on the front side back you boat in will be a challenge as there is not a lot of room between your building and the carport style storage across from you.
Old 02-23-2018, 12:29 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ben
Not many places to party on the lake at night since it has been a dry county until a year or two ago.
Rock Quarry is always a good time during the day if the weather is good, and Moors has a bar and restaurant with live music on the weekends.
Not sure what other marinas have a bar and music..
Buzzard Rock or something of that name over on Barkley used to have some booze and live bands on the weekends. Haven't been down that way for a few years so I don't know if it still exists or not.
Old 02-23-2018, 12:34 PM
Registered

As luck would have it mine faces to carport storage, front side, I'll call and see if I can swap if anything comes available. Mine is a 242 Formula with a long trailer.
Seem to be nice folks to deal with, soo far.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.