Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Fountain Powerboats Kilo Record Attempt Falls Short, Postponed Until Wednesday >

Fountain Powerboats Kilo Record Attempt Falls Short, Postponed Until Wednesday

Notices

Fountain Powerboats Kilo Record Attempt Falls Short, Postponed Until Wednesday

Old 02-25-2018, 09:32 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Joe's 43 was not a purpose built kilo boat. That 43 came out of a production mold, no different than the "go fast 43" or Diorios boat. Obviously the 1350s came out and 1650s went in but but needsles to say, just an engine swap. Was it stripped out of none essential components, absolutely. Was the bottom perfected more than a production boat, absolutely. If you throw a wild paint job, first class interior on it and it looks no different than the others. Outerlimits did not bulid a cut down heavily modified purpose built hull. This kilo run is a bad ass attempt but it would more interesting to see fountain take what they thought to be the best production boat they have and attempt to go for the record. I know their poker run 42 is FAST!!! Fountains kilo boat is sick looking but that thing is so cut down it doesn't even have an engine bay/room, just a huge engine cover. I think Fountain makes a great good looking boat but they're bringing a pro mod to a street race. Hope all is safe and I hope they pull it off!!!
Old 02-25-2018, 09:50 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Can't blame Mr. Fountain et al for bringing a bazooka to a gun fight! Reggie has always been the consummate performer, and drama both real and contrived is entertaining. This record will fall under his terms, and safety is not a bad priority to maintain.
Old 02-25-2018, 09:54 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 333 Likes on 124 Posts

There are a lot of their race boats that have been cut down and without the beak. Those were sold to paying customers just like anything else. I don’t really care that it doesn’t look exactly like a 2 decade old 42. I want to see swinging for the fence. I guarantee they will build you a replica if your Check has a big enough box on the Right.

This industry needs this rivalry and smack talk right now. . I’m happy the Fountain team has the brass balls to put their wallet and name on the line to take a swing at it. Everyone may be singing a different tune on Wednesday.....or maybe there will be more to talk about the other way.

Im just a fan here. I like the OL stuff...but commend these guys for their guts
Old 02-25-2018, 10:02 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

No matter what, it is something exciting to follow as February winds down Boys!
Old 02-25-2018, 10:43 AM
Registered

Received 698 Likes on 341 Posts

Originally Posted by JJ30
Joe's 43 was not a purpose built kilo boat. That 43 came out of a production mold, no different than the "go fast 43" or Diorios boat. Obviously the 1350s came out and 1650s went in but but needsles to say, just an engine swap. Was it stripped out of none essential components, absolutely. Was the bottom perfected more than a production boat, absolutely. If you throw a wild paint job, first class interior on it and it looks no different than the others. Outerlimits did not bulid a cut down heavily modified purpose built hull. This kilo run is a bad ass attempt but it would more interesting to see fountain take what they thought to be the best production boat they have and attempt to go for the record. I know their poker run 42 is FAST!!! Fountains kilo boat is sick looking but that thing is so cut down it doesn't even have an engine bay/room, just a huge engine cover. I think Fountain makes a great good looking boat but they're bringing a pro mod to a street race. Hope all is safe and I hope they pull it off!!!
they did add a “pad” to it. Not a 15* pad like fountains, but it’s there. Either way scotto’s old boat at 150+ with a full cabin, it’s not hard to imagine how fast o/l could go.
Old 02-25-2018, 11:20 AM
Registered

Received 790 Likes on 372 Posts

i caught a rash of sh!t saying the same thing in a different thread. Reggie jr came on here and said this boat was identical to what’s on the circuit today.

im sure race Boats were cut down, but this one can’t event fit engines...

if someone thinks cutting a boat down that low will have the same offshore capability, they are crazy...

Last edited by 1MOSES1; 02-25-2018 at 11:41 AM.
Old 02-25-2018, 11:40 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 276 Likes on 112 Posts

Fountain Powerboats Kilo Record Attempt Falls Short, Postponed Until Wednesday-img_20180225_123120.jpg
One of the many cut down fountains. Global Warmer, Twisted Metal, and multi time World Champion Instagator.
All built in the same molds as the current Kilo boat.
Old 02-25-2018, 11:44 AM
Registered

Received 790 Likes on 372 Posts

Originally Posted by KWright
Attachment 575540
One of the many cut down fountains. Global Warmer, Twisted Metal, and multi time World Champion Instagator.
All built in the same molds as the current Kilo boat.
i stand corrected...GO Fountain!!!
Old 02-25-2018, 11:47 AM
Registered

Received 568 Likes on 340 Posts

blah blah blah

where is that boat now if it was supposed to be a “stock” pleasure boat? It was taken apart immediately afterwards.
Old 02-25-2018, 11:54 AM
Registered

Received 698 Likes on 341 Posts

Joe ran it in a few poker runs last summer. Been in use just as often as it ever was

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.