Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Fountain Powerboats Kilo Record Attempt Falls Short, Postponed Until Wednesday >

Fountain Powerboats Kilo Record Attempt Falls Short, Postponed Until Wednesday

Notices

Fountain Powerboats Kilo Record Attempt Falls Short, Postponed Until Wednesday

Old 02-24-2018, 11:49 AM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 554 Likes on 263 Posts
Default Fountain Powerboats Kilo Record Attempt Falls Short, Postponed Until Wednesday

Although the team isn't happy with today's kilo record attempt outcome thanks to unfavorable conditions on the water, the Fountain Powerboats crew is planning to try again on Wednesday.

https://speedonthewater.com/in-the-n...ntil-wednesday
Old 02-24-2018, 12:20 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Has anyone looked at the conditions when outerlimits set the record, I did and it seemed even less favorable.
Old 02-24-2018, 12:32 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Pffffft...... Throw me the keys... I'll get the number. Whats a lil' sidewind? Amateurs...
Old 02-24-2018, 02:27 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm impressed. These guys know what they're doing so I think its great that rather than taking unnecessary chances, they have the foresight to know better and to try another day. Bravo and good luck on Wednesday. I will say that I would love to be in the boat at 200+. The problem is that I'm a nobody with no experience near that fast. Oh well.
Old 02-24-2018, 03:31 PM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 2,741 Likes on 1,230 Posts

I'll be in Washington on Wednesday to bring coverage of the Fountain kilo record attempts on speedonthewater.com.
Old 02-24-2018, 03:45 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like with the numbers they ran today Wednesday with better conditions should be no problem to set a new Kilo.
Old 02-24-2018, 05:38 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by iamjoe
I'm impressed. These guys know what they're doing so I think its great that rather than taking unnecessary chances, they have the foresight to know better and to try another day. Bravo and good luck on Wednesday. I will say that I would love to be in the boat at 200+. The problem is that I'm a nobody with no experience near that fast. Oh well.
Don’t give up, chip in $50,000, sign the release and I bet you can get a seat somewhere in the boat😎
Old 02-24-2018, 05:43 PM
Registered

Received 698 Likes on 341 Posts

If they beat it, maybe o/l will come back to attempt to raise the bar again and rent the 3 back seats
Old 02-24-2018, 05:48 PM
Registered

Received 607 Likes on 275 Posts

Originally Posted by Unlimited jd
If they beat it, maybe o/l will come back to attempt to raise the bar again and rent the 3 back seats
We can chill in the cabin and drink martinis at 200 mph.
Old 02-24-2018, 06:16 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt Trulio
I'll be in Washington on Wednesday to bring coverage of the Fountain kilo record attempts on speedonthewater.com.

Take a good bottle of whiskey to charm a local riparian owner.... From that article photo, it looks like poor Jason had to shoot photos from an abandoned duck blind somewhere along the river.

Kidding..... Great coverage, guys. Getting running shots of that beast is probably far more difficult than wing shooting from the aforementioned duck blind.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.