Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Kilo Record Eludes Fountain >

Kilo Record Eludes Fountain

Notices

Kilo Record Eludes Fountain

Old 11-17-2018, 01:25 PM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

What do destroyed molds have to do with anything ? The boat has been out of the mold for a long time,. It wasn't fast enough out of the MD so they need to tweak on it anyways.. and if your going to tweak on it, once you have it figured out, you make a new mold for production anyways
Old 11-17-2018, 11:12 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by IGetWet
What, you have high school kids as summer help working there or what?
I was going to say the clan from Ferguson MO, but realized none of them have ever had a job...nor will.
Old 11-18-2018, 12:38 AM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

Originally Posted by triple 300s

I was going to say the clan from Ferguson MO, but realized none of them have ever had a job...nor will.

Define "Job" ,,, Not sure about the Kilo" part, but I bet most of those fergie types have extensive knowledge of gram marketing and distribution
Old 11-18-2018, 07:56 AM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

The sport boat market is dead for all intents and purposes, old white guys like me getting too old to climb around a bilge anymore. I suspect if there's someone with deep pockets that wishes to to it and have someone else take the credit for it then it'll get re-ignited. I suppose that scenario is getting harder to find these days, but I'm just speculating which is good for nothing really.
Old 11-18-2018, 08:21 AM
Registered

Received 1,832 Likes on 717 Posts

100% agreed.

The big, multi O/B center consoles have replaced the I/O offshore market and the boat Mfgs are all in.
And why not?

Easier to rig, less inventory, more solid ($$) buying base, more functional, less maint anddddddddd, way easier to run.

W/the new hot stick docking, the last actual skill we used to need, is now gone.

A friend in Fla used to tell me, “the electric choke ruined boating for the rest of us” 😂
Sadly, true.

We docked our cruiser at one of the nicest marinas on Lake Erie and was at the entrance to the busiest harbor (tons of marinas) in the lake.
For every new(er) go fast boat, we saw a hundred new(we) 30’+ multi engine center consoles.

Those guys could care less (my dock neighbors as example) about speed records.

Even at go fast docks (hang out) where you’d be lucky to see any center consoles 10 yrs ago, it’s now nearly 50%.

The expense of going after that record (which is FAST) makes no sense to those companies.

I sold fiberglass supplies in S.Fla 10 yrs ago and you could see it coming

Originally Posted by Indy
The sport boat market is dead for all intents and purposes, old white guys like me getting too old to climb around a bilge anymore. I suspect if there's someone with deep pockets that wishes to to it and have someone else take the credit for it then it'll get re-ignited. I suppose that scenario is getting harder to find these days, but I'm just speculating which is good for nothing really.
Old 11-25-2018, 10:05 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 136 Likes on 81 Posts

Saw a video today on Facebook of it back in the water. Anyone have info ?
Old 11-25-2018, 11:32 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

On who's page?
Old 11-25-2018, 04:00 PM
Registered

Received 258 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by Twin O/B Sonic
100% agreed.

The big, multi O/B center consoles have replaced the I/O offshore market and the boat Mfgs are all in.
And why not?

Easier to rig, less inventory, more solid ($$) buying base, more functional, less maint anddddddddd, way easier to run.

W/the new hot stick docking, the last actual skill we used to need, is now gone.

A friend in Fla used to tell me, “the electric choke ruined boating for the rest of us” 😂
Sadly, true.

We docked our cruiser at one of the nicest marinas on Lake Erie and was at the entrance to the busiest harbor (tons of marinas) in the lake.
For every new(er) go fast boat, we saw a hundred new(we) 30’+ multi engine center consoles.

Those guys could care less (my dock neighbors as example) about speed records.

Even at go fast docks (hang out) where you’d be lucky to see any center consoles 10 yrs ago, it’s now nearly 50%.

The expense of going after that record (which is FAST) makes no sense to those companies.

I sold fiberglass supplies in S.Fla 10 yrs ago and you could see it coming

and why would they?

a mid 30's CC with twins these days cruises at what most older powersboats do now.

People love to see the limits pressed when it isnt their money or boat (i.e racing).

when we put our wallet on the line though.....70/80 mph is just fine for a lot of us and that can be had in o/b or i/o boats these days with ease.
Old 09-21-2020, 12:15 PM
Registered

Received 607 Likes on 275 Posts

Originally Posted by Xtremeracing
It's not if they will set a new record it's just when. They don't need to rush it again, just take their time and do what they do best.
How did that work out for them?
The following 2 users liked this post by thirdchildhood:
apex svt (09-21-2020), Twin O/B Sonic (09-21-2020)
Old 09-21-2020, 05:20 PM
Registered

Received 735 Likes on 330 Posts

I'm guessing that boat was a decision the company really regrets making.
The following 2 users liked this post by Interceptor:
payuppsucker (09-21-2020), rak rua (09-21-2020)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.