Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Premiere Catamaran Class Out For SBI Cocoa Beach Race (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/352982-premiere-catamaran-class-out-sbi-cocoa-beach-race.html)

Matt Trulio 03-24-2018 12:04 PM

Premiere Catamaran Class Out For SBI Cocoa Beach Race

Big news from the offshore racing world, https://speedonthewater.com/in-the-n...coa-beach-race.

iamjoe 03-24-2018 01:36 PM

The 750 Owners Group is absolutely doing the right thing. I've never raced a boat so my view comes from nothing more than blind opinion, but.......... when one considers the possible material gains that can come from boat racing, these guys are not risking their lives because its lucrative. Yeah they have sponsors but most seem to be sponsored by their own companies; which says more about the success of the business more than the exposure from racing. I'd guess that the reason they do this is because they love it. They put on a show that people want to see and have fun doing it. The town benefits, the promoter benefits and the racers get to do it.

If I did race, safety would be THE priority. These guys are literally putting their lives in the sanctioning body, promoter and safety teams hands. If the racers are in any way uncomfortable with anything or anybody its a deal breaker. IMO for the promoter to not ask the question and then ASSume he has no reason to doubt the organizations team abilities seems pispoor. Its an easy assumption if you're standing on-shore and not risking your life. The people who are risking (the racers) have reason for doubt so ask the question. Its too bad that after all these years it just doesn't seem possible for offshore racing to play nice.

No boats, no show. No show, no benefit

TYPHOON 03-24-2018 06:30 PM

OUCH. That's going to leave a mark. So does that mean if SBI does not get back there original people the super cat guys wont race at all with them this year? If you don't feel comfortable now with there staff then I have to believe you wont feel comfortable all year and wouldn't race. Politics comes to mind when I read the post.

precisiondetails 03-24-2018 08:49 PM

And just when you thought the sport couldn’t be a bigger joke... they said- hold my beer watch this! Sport is dead!!!

phragle 03-24-2018 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by precisiondetails (Post 4617806)
And just when you thought the sport couldn’t be a bigger joke... they said- hold my beer watch this! Sport is dead!!!

Have faith, the N.B,.R.G. is right around the corner,

sbracing 03-25-2018 08:32 AM

Originally Posted by precisiondetails (Post 4617806)

Well if it is dead, I'm spending a lot of time at the shop getting a boat ready for no apparent reason. The sport may not live up to the lofty expectations that some people have, but lets face it, it is a participant driven sport. Never going to be mainstream. Accept that, enjoy what is available.

bwd 03-25-2018 09:06 AM

Originally Posted by sbracing (Post 4617829)
Well if it is dead, I'm spending a lot of time at the shop getting a boat ready for no apparent reason. The sport may not live up to the lofty expectations that some people have, but lets face it, it is a participant driven sport. Never going to be mainstream. Accept that, enjoy what is available.

amen

klaatutooyou 03-25-2018 11:57 AM

perhaps youre part in it is dead.

However BOAT RACING is very much alive

I see it in the eyes of these guys an gals all the time.

boat count goes up and down ,it has since its inception.

just have fun with whats here,and if you can volunteer in whatever capacity you can .
that makes it even more fun /
I,ve volunteered for over twenty years,been loads of fun.

Dave M 03-25-2018 03:24 PM

Just a racing fan here, but those boats aren't what bring me to races. I think the most exciting racing is classes 4, 5, 6, 7, and SVL. Boats that I can directly relate too from owning and driving similar boats.

precisiondetails 03-26-2018 01:01 PM

Well after reading a post made by WHM on Instagram, I change my thought... great to hear what Super Cat is trying to do as a “class”. Very cool and I’m understanding now.