MSHP Extends Lake of the Ozarks Shootout No-Wake Zone for Saturday >

MSHP Extends Lake of the Ozarks Shootout No-Wake Zone for Saturday

Notices

MSHP Extends Lake of the Ozarks Shootout No-Wake Zone for Saturday

Old 03-30-2018, 10:01 PM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 105 Posts

Originally Posted by Keytime

1. WP could brainstorm with a local marina or two to come up with examples for those “boat classification challenged”. List those online and boaters can inquire online between now and then about their own boat. Lots of time to do so. All inquiries will be posted on a list. Pretty simple, IMO. Remember that water patrol officers gave final say on the water.

2. Go by a combination of length/displacement minimums.
i guess an example is Parvey’s boat having 5’11” of headroom and more square footage than plenty of the condos on the lake but still ran 160.

All that aside I’m impressed and shock there hasn’t been any accidents leaving there (fountain maybe don’t know time?). Lots of traffic and churned up lake, impressive that everyone is still that aware of their surroundings. Do not mean that sarcastically, it’s a ton of traffic that just amazes me.
Old 03-30-2018, 10:54 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 217 Likes on 126 Posts

I’d like to see them give the race boats a pass on this.
Old 03-30-2018, 11:10 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JaayTeee
I’d like to see them give the race boats a pass on this.
They would figure into the aforementioned idea.
Old 03-31-2018, 07:42 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have read several people support the extended no wake and extend time by stating it would encourage people to go to the restaurant / bars. Most people get going to the shootout by 10:00 am and probably start drinking by noon. So let’s have them leave the shootout and go have a few more drinks until 8:00 pm or later and boat home at night at 30 mph. Makes Sense to me.
Old 03-31-2018, 07:53 PM
Registered

Received 88 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by Wilks
I have read several people support the extended no wake and extend time by stating it would encourage people to go to the restaurant / bars. Most people get going to the shootout by 10:00 am and probably start drinking by noon. So let’s have them leave the shootout and go have a few more drinks until 8:00 pm or later and boat home at night at 30 mph. Makes Sense to me.
Good point. I stopped boating at night because of the point ur making. It will be interesting to see what the negative side of this might turn out to be.
Old 04-01-2018, 02:18 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,784 Likes on 885 Posts

All the restaurants and bars will be pretty full all day.
The ones between the 34 and 21mm combined won't have enough dock space for even 10% of the boats that go to the Shootout.
Old 04-01-2018, 08:20 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Griff
All the restaurants and bars will be pretty full all day.
The ones between the 34 and 21mm combined won't have enough dock space for even 10% of the boats that go to the Shootout.
Very true but pushing the time back to 8 pm may encourage more to boat after dark which to me is more dangerous than the rough water. The restriction last year did nothing more than move the dock damage and rough water down the lake. This year they are going to move it further down the lake and encourage more to boat after 8. Just leave the no wake at the 31 and let what happens happen. The MSHP attempts are doing nothing to fix the issue. Just moving it around so they said they did something
Old 04-01-2018, 05:25 PM
Registered

Received 418 Likes on 174 Posts

It is still the very best week on the water, anywhere. This week long performance boat spectacular has many events to choose from just abou5 every day. For those that choose not to head to the actual Shootout will have a choice of several remodeled establishments right on the water that will have every minute televised. While at times it has been questioned, the evolution of Shootout Week over the past 16 years has been fun to be a part of. This year will be no different.
Old 04-01-2018, 05:53 PM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 790 Likes on 257 Posts

If they didn't post an actual end time and left it up to "prevailing conditions" the pack would not wait or have an official time to be lined up. Maybe it would allow people to just go at their leisure and you could leave it at the 31 or maybe a few miles down.
Old 04-01-2018, 11:08 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by tmmii
All that aside I’m impressed and shock there hasn’t been any accidents leaving there (fountain maybe don’t know time?). Lots of traffic and churned up lake, impressive that everyone is still that aware of their surroundings. Do not mean that sarcastically, it’s a ton of traffic that just amazes me.
Agreed. But I think one big reason for that is the fact that the water was SO big that you couldn't help but be paying 110% attention to your surroundings. Leaving the shootout in 2016 was the most fun I've ever had driving my boat.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.