Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

We put the 34 lounger in our 39 works great
Old 05-18-2018, 03:12 PM
Registered

Received 50 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by bill63
more room to party?

also I’ve spoken with my dealer and am really trying to get them to recess the bow table into the deck. I think it’s rediculous the cost of a nortech, and they won’t accomodate this!!
Old 05-18-2018, 03:50 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by GatorMD

more room to party?

also I’ve spoken with my dealer and am really trying to get them to recess the bow table into the deck. I think it’s rediculous the cost of a nortech, and they won’t accomodate this!!
Gator you have to follow the progression of the boats. I'm not saying I was the first to have the bow seating filler but both my 340's had them. One was on typical removable aluminum pole you'd find in any cruiser, the other rested on the spring loaded fold out arms (no table height option) They used 3/4 solid Starboard and it was a back breaker to take in and out of the boat. FF to the last year and they went to an electric telescoping mechanism. It's all progress and ingenuity BUT they can't retool the 1 set of molds they own w/ a 1 yr backlog every time they or one of their customers want something custom. There have been many features I've seen on other CC's I wish Nor-Tech offered but they are a Semi-Custom builder and do offer a good amount of personalization as it is.

Imagine if you had a deposit on a build slot like I do & the customer in front of you was GatorMD wanting all these trick custom features. Your build would be pushed back mos waiting on them to engineer the changes, meanwhile you'd been more than happy to build their standard boat no options.

Believe me, I hear you loud and clear but it's just not feasible. Remember all I wanted was a little foam in my lounger cushion, you want a recess glassed into the deck liner.
Old 05-18-2018, 04:04 PM
Registered

Received 90 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by NASCAT
Gator you have to follow the progression of the boats. I'm not saying I was the first to have the bow seating filler but both my 340's had them. One was on typical removable aluminum pole you'd find in any cruiser, the other rested on the spring loaded fold out arms (no table height option) They used 3/4 solid Starboard and it was a back breaker to take in and out of the boat. FF to the last year and they went to an electric telescoping mechanism. It's all progress and ingenuity BUT they can't retool the 1 set of molds they own w/ a 1 yr backlog every time they or one of their customers want something custom. There have been many features I've seen on other CC's I wish Nor-Tech offered but they are a Semi-Custom builder and do offer a good amount of personalization as it is.

Imagine if you had a deposit on a build slot like I do & the customer in front of you was GatorMD wanting all these trick custom features. Your build would be pushed back mos waiting on them to engineer the changes, meanwhile you'd been more than happy to build their standard boat no options.

Believe me, I hear you loud and clear but it's just not feasible. Remember all I wanted was a little foam in my lounger cushion, you want a recess glassed into the deck liner.
Haha. +1. What seems simple is not so simple. Exactly why I went to W&W for custom aft facing seat to replace the cooler seat. But kudos to NT, they sure try hard and take a lot of customer feedback into improvements. But changing molds takes time.
Old 05-18-2018, 04:25 PM
Registered

Received 3,020 Likes on 987 Posts

River Dave Johnson just visited the NT factory yesterday and snapped a bunch of pics of boats and progress. Cool little photo tour. Some cool stuff getting built up including the 55' CC! Looks like NT is absolutely SLAMMED!!!! Pics start on page 3.
https://www.riverdavesplace.com/foru....183839/page-3

Last edited by thisistank; 05-18-2018 at 04:28 PM.
Old 05-18-2018, 05:06 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Mando

Beautiful! I see the in the pics. you are at the Kent Island Bridge. I use that ramp a lot, hope to see it in person.
sidenote, how are you Mr. Landis?
Old 05-18-2018, 05:52 PM
Registered

Received 50 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by bill63
Originally Posted by NASCAT

Touché! I do see they respond rather well to feedback and incorporate many new ideas. Seeing the nortech factory and all the boats/projects they have going on really drives home how busy they are and still deliver a beautiful semi-custom product.

Cant wait to get mine going. Now with the new Mercs out and the anticipation for a 450/500 I may be more comfortable getting a hull soon since it’ll take about 8-10+ months before rigging?!
Old 05-18-2018, 06:13 PM
Registered

Default Kent island

Yes the boat is there now!!! Waiting for it to stop raining!! Goes in Monday morning!!!!!!! Almost 8 months from ordering!!!!!! I keep it off west river behind rhode river marina. On a lift.
Old 05-18-2018, 08:45 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

NASCAT, they crew at the factory showed me the spring loaded arms on my last visit, we discussed powder coating them to blend into the gel coat. I don’t want the hydraulic lifting table, I don’t like that it sits above the floor when it’s down.

Question: Could you store the filler starboard/cushion in the cabin when you weren’t using it? I’m hoping to be able to bring it along out of the way on long trips.

They mentioned the option to drop the hydraulic table flush with the floor is being designed, but not an option yet.
Old 05-20-2018, 04:21 PM
Registered

Default Launch

Goes in tomorrow at noon

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.