Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   What is Sjogrens website? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/353166-what-sjogrens-website.html)

Wildman_grafix 04-03-2018 03:33 PM

What is Sjogrens website?

I found this site but it doesn't look like the right one.

Sjogrenent Enterprises Homepage - Sjogrenent Enterprises

ALL_IN! 04-03-2018 03:52 PM

That's the only one I found too - was on it just the other day. Not much there...

jbmetrotowing@ea 04-03-2018 05:21 PM

That’s the correct one he occasionally has a used boat or two on their listed ....

US1 Fountain 04-03-2018 06:57 PM

He is no longer selling boats?

Wildman_grafix 04-03-2018 09:04 PM

Originally Posted by US1 Fountain (Post 4619587)
He is no longer selling boats?

That is what I was wondering after seeing the web site. I don't remember reading anything.

Jupiter Sunsation 04-03-2018 10:21 PM

Originally Posted by Wildman_grafix (Post 4619613)
That is what I was wondering after seeing the web site. I don't remember reading anything.

Matt Truilio had an article about Mystic and buried in the middle of the article he mentioned Scott Sjogren was moving on to a different industry. I brought it up and Matt said Scott wasn't ready to mention his next endeavor yet.

Think about it, if you are reselling used I/O powerboats.......How can you sustain a sales model with dwindling sales year after year (new I/O boats)? The Mystic stuff had potential but then again how many new boats are you going to be able to sell and support your overhead?

44MTI 04-03-2018 10:57 PM

He seemed to being good with Mystic line, I was rather shocked to see the split. I've wondered ever since Matt's piece what the real story was??

BONDO10 04-04-2018 06:23 AM

Originally Posted by 44MTI (Post 4619628)
He seemed to being good with Mystic line, I was rather shocked to see the split. I've wondered ever since Matt's piece what the real story was??

I was thinking the same. It almost seemed like Scott was a partner, in some capacity, with Mystic. More than just a dealer. I also thought he had a lot of influence in the design of the Mystic CC's

US1 Fountain 04-04-2018 07:22 AM

Originally Posted by Wildman_grafix (Post 4619613)

no kidding. Last I knew he was one of the big dogs in the business. Been outta the loop too long it appears.

Matt Trulio 04-04-2018 08:04 AM

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation (Post 4619626)
Matt Truilio had an article about Mystic and buried in the middle of the article he mentioned Scott Sjogren was moving on to a different industry. I brought it up and Matt said Scott wasn't ready to mention his next endeavor yet.

Think about it, if you are reselling used I/O powerboats.......How can you sustain a sales model with dwindling sales year after year (new I/O boats)? The Mystic stuff had potential but then again how many new boats are you going to be able to sell and support your overhead?

Third paragraph of the story—not even close to "buried—after the John Cosker quote:

"High-performance marine industry veteran Scott Sjogren, who partnered with Cosker in the development of the company’s M4200 and M3800 center consoles and handled all sales of the center consoles as well as three M4400 catamarans during his relationship with Mystic, has sold his exclusive distribution rights back to Mystic and is moving on to other business ventures."

That pretty much answers most questions in this thread. As for what Mr. Sjogren is doing now, he didn't share that with me. But he's succeeded in most things he's done so I have no reason to believe he won't again.

Full story link for those who didn't read it, https://speedonthewater.com/in-the-n...port-catamaran.