Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Any Boat Riggers W Good reputation in S Florida? >

Any Boat Riggers W Good reputation in S Florida?

Notices

Any Boat Riggers W Good reputation in S Florida?

Old 04-12-2018, 02:25 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3,043 Likes on 1,355 Posts

So what did you decide.......tubo's, whipples, pro chargers, tunnel rams with afb's ????....when its completed I hope you have enough $$$ left to fill it up and enjoy it...
Old 04-12-2018, 02:29 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I decided 4.5 whipples.Young will do heads and yes this sport is expensive but nothing like it.No cigarettes for me only cats.
Old 04-12-2018, 09:33 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

My friend says stay far away from a guy named Bobby Adams. He worked with Chris at Spectre and was told he has no idea what he is doing
Old 04-12-2018, 11:04 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

here is a 35 OE Cat that was done a few years ago.....Old school 1990 35' Express project starting soon ......unfortunately the oil industry took a dive and the owner needed cash so it was parted out after all the hard work....
Old 04-13-2018, 08:17 AM
Registered

Depending on where the boat is located there is a shop in Fort Pierce (North of Palm Beach) called Offshore Performance Marine, they may be able to assist.
Old 04-13-2018, 11:24 AM
Rik
arneson-industries.com
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by turbos230
But what good is it to "think" if you have no facts? The first stop was extreme marine in Miami then the boat was moved by our "captain" to another small chit shop and the friends of that guy are the ones who are attacking me one this forum because I talked bad about him because I almost had to hire a swat team to get my boat back he did not want to release the golden goose or wire transfer free money! I will not say names. .Then that guy had it for 6 months and sanded the tansom, removed the engines and received 13k for that.Then it was moved to the north to another shop that after paying $1200 to move the boat questioned if the boat was really ours because we are from another part of the world. Wont say names. then after paying 2400 in extortion the boat was moved to another shop and he did some good work but now can not continue.I am the victim , this is reality thank you for stopping by.
Here is EXACTLY what your real problem is.

You purchased a boat that actually ran when you bought it sight unseen? You never came and inspected the boat in person and now two years later it's in a totally different condition than what you purchased and your still not boating with it and I don't think the weather in FL or Cancun is what's holding you back.

Your asking people on an internet forum, no disrespect guys, who possibly don't really actually know **** all about **** all; and they are giving you advise based upon what they've read not what they've spent their $$ on. So your results are based upon a poll of boat owners (hopefully at least) with non-similar boats, budget and desires to give you advice on what to do with your boat and your money.

So far the polls have to you to change to Mercury Drives
Change the motors to something different.
Use this company to do your glass work
Use this company to do your installation and rigging

Results of the polls to date has resulted in you claiming "I've spend X $ with this guy, X $ with this guy, I’ got screwed here and screwed there" and all the while you have not gotten you ass on a plane and went and personally visited anyone. Please don't put a poll on here asking if we think your sucker.

With something of this magnitude maybe you should have taken time off your busy schedule and came to the states and personally met with potential vendors or hired a real project manager to handle this project. I mean if you’re so wealthy that you can have a hands-off approach to buying a boat, completely changing it around then why on earth didn't you just buy a new boat??? Honestly, you'd be $$ ahead with a real project manager or a new boat. You would not be on here asking for advice on who, how and why. In fact, you'd be boating by now...
Old 04-13-2018, 12:18 PM
Registered

Received 460 Likes on 244 Posts

Old 04-13-2018, 12:51 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Rik
Here is EXACTLY what your real problem is.

You purchased a boat that actually ran when you bought it sight unseen? You never came and inspected the boat in person and now two years later it's in a totally different condition than what you purchased and your still not boating with it and I don't think the weather in FL or Cancun is what's holding you back.

Your asking people on an internet forum, no disrespect guys, who possibly don't really actually know **** all about **** all; and they are giving you advise based upon what they've read not what they've spent their $$ on. So your results are based upon a poll of boat owners (hopefully at least) with non-similar boats, budget and desires to give you advice on what to do with your boat and your money.

Results of the polls to date has resulted in you claiming "I've spend X $ with this guy, X $ with this guy, I’ got screwed here and screwed there" and all the while you have not gotten you ass on a plane and went and personally visited anyone. Please don't put a poll on here asking if we think your sucker.

With something of this magnitude maybe you should have taken time off your busy schedule and came to the states and personally met with potential vendors or hired a real project manager to handle this project. I mean if you’re so wealthy that you can have a hands-off approach to buying a boat, completely changing it around then why on earth didn't you just buy a new boat??? Honestly, you'd be $$ ahead with a real project manager or a new boat. You would not be on here asking for advice on who, how and why. In fact, you'd be boating by now...
Ok Rik I know you make good drives but problems I will mention with your comments

I did not buy the boat 2 years ago it was 10 months.

also you said
Are you mad because I did not wire you 98k usd to buy your surface drives? Thank you for the advice but this is the best decision for me

That decision was not from the forum it was my dream to do thiswork I am doing now

I used one company and then other things happened you can read above.

Rik I did hire a real licensed captain , does that license prevent people from lying and stealing and acting unethically no . I asked many people on the forum about what kind of supercharger and other things to use because it is interesting for me and most people here are friendly. If you read my posts you will not see anything rude. This is a place that is open to the public and the people come here to learn. That is how I found it looking for information.So I guess I need to apologize now for seeking information and pursuing my dreams of fun.
Old 04-13-2018, 02:10 PM
Rik
arneson-industries.com
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by turbos230
Ok Rik I know you make good drives but problems I will mention with your comments

I did not buy the boat 2 years ago it was 10 months.

also you said
Are you mad because I did not wire you 98k usd to buy your surface drives? Thank you for the advice but this is the best decision for me

That decision was not from the forum it was my dream to do thiswork I am doing now

I used one company and then other things happened you can read above.

Rik I did hire a real licensed captain , does that license prevent people from lying and stealing and acting unethically no . I asked many people on the forum about what kind of supercharger and other things to use because it is interesting for me and most people here are friendly. If you read my posts you will not see anything rude. This is a place that is open to the public and the people come here to learn. That is how I found it looking for information.So I guess I need to apologize now for seeking information and pursuing my dreams of fun.
Stop deflecting and blaming and start accepting responsibility .. I don't give a rats ass about what drives are on your boat, which motors are in the boat nor who screw'd you or is doing good by you. I don't have a dog in the race as even the Arnesons that were on your boat were used when they were installed so it's not a lost sale nor problem for me. I was trying to help you see what the problem is.. Your not personally involved with this project as your not at these places inspecting and speaking with them. You made mention to the problems with the phone calls from Mexico even. Get a damn track phone with a US # then. Hell I've been in Mexico 4 times this year just to give evaluations and orientations. It's not that difficult to come to the states especially with the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ we are talking about here.

Look, I've done and do lots of projects and I never blame anyone but myself if they are not going good. I don't know how a licensed boat captain has any relevance to getting your boat configured the way you desire it. You have to put some sweat equity in this.

I feel had you actually flew to the states, met with people, interviewed them so to speak and personally met them your results would have been drastically different as they have never met you and are only getting the bias report from a licensed captain of your wishes.
Old 04-13-2018, 02:38 PM
Registered

bull loud and clear / damn you got money problems issues

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.