Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Any word on the DCB Lickity Split crash?  Hope they are ok. >

Any word on the DCB Lickity Split crash? Hope they are ok.

Notices

Any word on the DCB Lickity Split crash? Hope they are ok.

Old 04-22-2018, 08:42 AM
Registered

Received 32 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Indy
Ummm, who really gives a sh!t about the boat?

​​​​​​​
Relax.. I don't think he meant it that way..
Old 04-22-2018, 08:47 AM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

Originally Posted by 96scarab
Relax.. I don't think he meant it that way..
I'm plenty relaxed, it's Sunday morning...strange thing to say when there are people dead.
Old 04-22-2018, 08:57 AM
Registered

Received 607 Likes on 275 Posts

I can't even imagine being in a bad boat crash like this. What a nightmare. Condolences to friends and family. Maybe this can be a wake-up call to those of us just starting our boating season. Slow 'em down and stay safe.
Old 04-22-2018, 09:49 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 50 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by thirdchildhood
I can't even imagine being in a bad boat crash like this. What a nightmare. Condolences to friends and family. Maybe this can be a wake-up call to those of us just starting our boating season. Slow 'em down and stay safe.
I couldn't agree more with your sentiment. This is a horrible event and my opinion a needless loss of life. I would hope it was a wake up call but unfortunately in my eleven years on this board it's one that's sadly repeated all too often. Prayers and Condolences to the victims and their families and friends.
Old 04-22-2018, 10:20 AM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Ummm, who really gives a sh!t about the boat?
All I meant was that the guy built himself a beautiful boat and seemed to enjoy it! I was unfamiliar with the boat until after I googled it as DCB's dont get as much exposure on the east coast as other brands.
Old 04-22-2018, 10:42 AM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
All I meant was that the guy built himself a beautiful boat and seemed to enjoy it! I was unfamiliar with the boat until after I googled it as DCB's dont get as much exposure on the east coast as other brands.
It's ok, just sad that there's another needless waste of life and devastated families we read about all the time here with these incredibly high powered machines.

My thoughts go out to the family.
Old 04-22-2018, 10:43 AM
Registered

Received 1,325 Likes on 739 Posts

Any more news on his wife?
Old 04-22-2018, 11:17 AM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

It's ok, just sad that there's another needless waste of life and devastated families we read about all the time here with these incredibly high powered machines.

My thoughts go out to the family.

I look at it this way......people die on cars/motorcycles daily doing mundane tasks like going to work/grocery store, jet skiis frequently kill weekend thrill seekers. Heck that woman died last week flying on the Southwest flight! This guy was enjoying the boat as he had done plenty of times before, his friend and his wife were aboard and the boat crashed. While I have never been 150 mph in any boat but think it has to be a cool experience. When it is your day to go........it won't really matter what your doing.

Hope the wife has a speedy recovery as I suspect she will have a long road ahead.
Old 04-22-2018, 11:46 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 276 Likes on 112 Posts

Prayers for all.
Old 04-22-2018, 11:50 AM
Member #154
Platinum Member

^^ I totally look at it the other way. If flying was as risky as these boats, nobody would fly. Going to the grocery store is not pushing the limits of speed in an unpredictable environment. 150+ in a little boat is unreal, it gets looked at as routine but how many times do we read about a disaster here? Usually it's just "oh well, it's what he liked" or "mankind has to push the limits" or some bull. There's kids now without a father, sisters, brothers, uncles, etc. without family members for what? Because it's his day to go?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.