Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Horrible experience  Chief engines, Precision Power Offshore >

Horrible experience Chief engines, Precision Power Offshore

Notices

Horrible experience Chief engines, Precision Power Offshore

Old 05-09-2018, 09:15 AM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

Well we do know that if you come to Oso and state you have a black and white complaint and open fire, you had better be right about it being black and white. If there is the least it of grey Oso will find it and make you painfully aware. If your facts are skewed or bent, the power of Oso will staighten them.
Old 05-09-2018, 11:03 AM
Registered

Received 143 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by Indy
Being a remodeling/building contractor, meddlesome and domineering clients screw up projects in every aspect much of the time. Not saying this was the case here but letting professionals (if the contractor is in fact a professional with integrity & skills) do their job, in most cases it will fly.
I often tell clients it’s often cheaper or break even for them to go on vacation, lol. The cheapest clients tend to be the highest maintenance as well.

One thing that ive learned is it’s all about setting expectations and clarifying possible outcomes. In a world where people have become accustomed to where everything can be fixed and satisfied with one click on Amazon it’s tough for a service industry to compete with retail expectations. And every so often you get a situation that kicks your azz and everybody feels bad, and it’s usually over something small and mundane. Business owners have bad days too, and sometimes it pairs with the wrong client at the wrong time.

Last edited by Baja Rooster; 05-09-2018 at 11:33 AM.
Old 05-09-2018, 02:07 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

idiots
Old 05-09-2018, 03:35 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

I was thinking this thread would be a lot more enlightening. Or at least, more entertaining.

Old 05-10-2018, 07:59 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackJack58
I was thinking this thread would be a lot more enlightening. Or at least, more entertaining.

It may be the worst thread on the internet. It gave me anxiety.
Old 05-10-2018, 09:35 AM
SB
Registered

Received 3,110 Likes on 1,401 Posts

Steve Morris for the win !

Wow, been a away for a while...when did ICDEDPPL become the (sexual) moral one of the group as he was here ? LOL.
Old 05-10-2018, 10:14 AM
Registered

Received 194 Likes on 101 Posts

I thought that was a little unexpected as well, although I do agree with everything he said.
Old 05-10-2018, 11:17 AM
Registered

Received 55 Likes on 32 Posts

If you brought me engines I didn't build for a tune and they started having problems I would just send you home and tell you to come back when you have the issues fixed.

Working on someone else's problems isn't something I'm big on. IMO he went above and beyond to help you try to fix your abortion.
Old 05-10-2018, 12:08 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think there are multiple ways to look at this situation.

1. If a contractor I'm paying causes delays, I am not paying for their delay. If I cause the delay, the contractor is owed the extra time.

2. If the shop noticed an issue with what is going on and say's to Janet "Hey, this is not as simple as I thought and it will take more time/money than originally quoted." If Janet agrees to the extra time then she owes the extra money.

All in all, as a shop owner, I'd do everything I could to make sure to communicate what was going on (Not saying that is the case here) and at first sign of this not being cut and dry, I'd give the options and what each option could potentially impact in terms of time/money. If the customer says go for it, then you can't blame the shop if the outcome isn't what you want. I don't think this is a black and white situation though.
Old 05-10-2018, 12:57 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,326 Likes on 282 Posts

Situations like this remind me why we don't put up with people hanging out in the shop. Customer or not.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.