Horrible experience  Chief engines, Precision Power Offshore >

Horrible experience Chief engines, Precision Power Offshore

Notices

Horrible experience Chief engines, Precision Power Offshore

Old 05-10-2018, 01:38 PM
Registered

Received 568 Likes on 340 Posts

Originally Posted by scarabman
I thought that was a little unexpected as well, although I do agree with everything he said.
I think he just likes arguing.
Old 05-11-2018, 06:21 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There was nothing wrong with my engines!!! There was nothing wrong with my engines. There was nothing wrong with my engines!!! My engines were already running before I went to Bens shop!! What part of that dont you understand. While I was at Bens place and Scott Morris engines we never laid a wrench to the engines except the distributor bolt. Ben took on a job that he knew nothing about. He caused me to buy expensive distributors that he could not get to work either. He knows nothing about Holley EFI. He should have never taken on the job. All he could do is go on the interenet and google, go on forums, call other people and waist time that he charged me for, He didn't have a clue as to what he was doing. I went to Steve Morris engines. Steve set the timing in ten minutes and we were off dong Dyno pulls.In one day we dynoed both engines. So how in the hell do you feel that I should pay a shop for thee days LABOR WHEN THEY DID NOTHING. Ben's lack of experience and ignorance was the problem not me or my engines. PERIOD.
Old 05-11-2018, 08:58 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Janet
Ben's lack of experience and ignorance was the problem not me or my engines. PERIOD.
I have no dog in this fight BUT

I will say this Ben does not lack experience and he is not ignorant. PERIOD.
Old 05-11-2018, 10:05 AM
SORE MEMBER
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Aftermarket efi is relatively easy except for setting up the ignition signal, either you know how and understand all the variables or you don't. Obviously in this case he didn't..

For each ignition type you select there are a whole bunch of variables that have to be set. very similar to the mega/microsquirt that I have experience with. For example you have teeth count, missing tooth, rising edge signal or falling, it goes on and it is easy to get it wrong. Buying a distributor that is listed in the menus will get you much closer but still not ready to run
Old 05-11-2018, 12:16 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would love to hear the other side of this story....
Old 05-11-2018, 01:28 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

My prediction... one shoe has dropped, the other will soon and people will recall Fred Cecil...(and all the people that took his side out of false loyalty)

Last edited by offshoredrillin; 05-11-2018 at 03:36 PM.
Old 05-12-2018, 08:16 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 224 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by Janet
There was nothing wrong with my engines!!! There was nothing wrong with my engines. There was nothing wrong with my engines!!! My engines were already running before I went to Bens shop!! What part of that dont you understand. While I was at Bens place and Scott Morris engines we never laid a wrench to the engines except the distributor bolt. Ben took on a job that he knew nothing about. He caused me to buy expensive distributors that he could not get to work either. He knows nothing about Holley EFI. He should have never taken on the job. All he could do is go on the interenet and google, go on forums, call other people and waist time that he charged me for, He didn't have a clue as to what he was doing. I went to Steve Morris engines. Steve set the timing in ten minutes and we were off dong Dyno pulls.In one day we dynoed both engines. So how in the hell do you feel that I should pay a shop for thee days LABOR WHEN THEY DID NOTHING. Ben's lack of experience and ignorance was the problem not me or my engines. PERIOD.
What was wrong with the timing in the first place?....why did you feel the need to have it changed?
Old 05-12-2018, 02:20 PM
Registered

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts

The Holley EFI needs to control the timing and it has to be the same on the engine measured with a timing light and on the computer.
Old 05-13-2018, 11:17 AM
Registered

Received 4,289 Likes on 1,238 Posts

Originally Posted by tommymonza
Ok I want everyone who owns a Small business to standup here and Announce they would eat 3 days labor.
Right here. 3 days absolutely not because I`m smart enough to know when to get out but we have done 100`s of calls over the last 30 years where the end result is the equipment is not fixed due to various reasons and there is absolutely no charge for labor . If I can`t fix it or it ends up not being worth fixing I charge the service call and thats it and 100% of the time it will be credited towards new equipment.
That`s just good business.

Next time you get your car to get fixed they give you a bill and tell you it`s not fixed because they can`t figure it out let me know how OK you are with that .
Old 05-13-2018, 11:20 AM
Registered

Received 4,289 Likes on 1,238 Posts

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin
My prediction... one shoe has dropped, the other will soon and people will recall Fred Cecil...(and all the people that took his side out of false loyalty)
Year ago ol Richy the master painter was very highly regarded wasn`t he?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.