Horrible experience  Chief engines, Precision Power Offshore >

Horrible experience Chief engines, Precision Power Offshore

Notices

Horrible experience Chief engines, Precision Power Offshore

Old 05-13-2018, 11:58 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,326 Likes on 282 Posts

As kind of an outsider on most of the OSO forum it’s interesting to me how people can be tried and found guilty without them ever showing up to defend themselves.
Old 05-13-2018, 01:46 PM
Registered

Received 32 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by hblair
As kind of an outsider on most of the OSO forum it’s interesting to me how people can be tried and found guilty without them ever showing up to defend themselves.
That's why the membership here has been dwindling. I give it maybe two years and this forum is toast!!
Old 05-13-2018, 04:48 PM
Registered

Received 234 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by ICDEDPPL
Right here. 3 days absolutely not because I`m smart enough to know when to get out but we have done 100`s of calls over the last 30 years where the end result is the equipment is not fixed due to various reasons and there is absolutely no charge for labor . If I can`t fix it or it ends up not being worth fixing I charge the service call and thats it and 100% of the time it will be credited towards new equipment.
That`s just good business.

Next time you get your car to get fixed they give you a bill and tell you it`s not fixed because they can`t figure it out let me know how OK you are with that .
Of course you're not going to be ok with it, BUT you still have to pay it..
Old 05-13-2018, 08:42 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 224 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by kvogt
The Holley EFI needs to control the timing and it has to be the same on the engine measured with a timing light and on the computer.
I understand that, it was said these were “already running ”....I assumed they would have been timed correctly by whoever built the engines....Im just trying to figure out what her reasoning was for needing adjustment

Last edited by JaayTeee; 05-13-2018 at 08:52 PM.
Old 05-13-2018, 09:15 PM
Registered

Received 53 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by JaayTeee

I understand that, it was said these were “already running ”....I assumed they would have been timed correctly by whoever built the engines....Im just trying to figure out what her reasoning was for needing adjustment
I have NO CLUE what Jan is running..

However, I'm running Holley EFI along with a Holley dual sync Distributor. The reluctor leads the rotor by 50° which is programmed in the ignition reference angle..
No clue how that would work correctly if it were rotating the opposite direction.

I tried using my holley distributor with an old grey box FAST ecm first.. ran fine on the hose but started backfiring when the boat was under load. The distributor reference angle was too far off for the FAST to work with it..
Old 05-13-2018, 10:27 PM
SORE MEMBER
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There are a few peeps commenting that have no idea what after market efi needs to run to spec. The program needs a reference point as to when the rotation of the engine starts(tdc). Most distributors do not provide this. Ideal is a crank trigger with a missing tooth setup, some distributors can be setup to do this.The Holley dual sync is one.
Old 05-13-2018, 11:47 PM
Registered

Received 4,260 Likes on 1,227 Posts

Originally Posted by Drock78
Of course you're not going to be ok with it, BUT you still have to pay it..

What`s your point Captain Obvious?
The bill was payed. The thread is about the not being ok with it .
Old 05-14-2018, 03:42 AM
Registered

Received 234 Likes on 81 Posts

The way it comes across is that janet feels that he shouldn't have charged. Bottom line is that janet and Ben were there to know exactly what happened over the 3 days and only 1 of them is telling their version.
Old 05-14-2018, 11:10 AM
Registered

Received 194 Likes on 101 Posts

Originally Posted by Drock78
The way it comes across is that janet feels that he shouldn't have charged. Bottom line is that janet and Ben were there to know exactly what happened over the 3 days and only 1 of them is telling their version.
Reason for that might be that only one of them feels wronged, no? 1 party got paid/made whole, and the other, if taken at face value based on the story, got a raw deal.
Old 05-14-2018, 11:17 AM
Registered

Received 277 Likes on 96 Posts

Definitely professional for Ben the owner of Precision Power Offshore/Cheif not to post. Why waste his time when he has plenty of good and happy customers with badass boats to work on. Especially since he has never participated in social media boating, why start now.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.