Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Horrible experience  Chief engines, Precision Power Offshore >

Horrible experience Chief engines, Precision Power Offshore

Notices

Horrible experience Chief engines, Precision Power Offshore

Old 05-15-2018, 12:08 AM
Registered

Received 44 Likes on 19 Posts

just when i thought this couldnt get any more strange...

ps... the gay cracks are kinda low down, but expected. sexual orientation doesnt have much to do with a guy setting timing on an engine... really it says more about you, than janet IMO.

this reminds me of the typical revolving door of shy'sters that surface in our hobby.
Old 05-15-2018, 01:01 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,815 Likes on 903 Posts

Originally Posted by offshorexcursion
And this is coming from Janet who owned the "largest speed shop" in Michigan for almost 40years.....

Written here in her own words

https://pridesource.com/article/18881/
So???????
I could call your statement above a lie. Its written by Jason Michael with quotes from Janet in the article.
Old 05-15-2018, 01:36 AM
bck
Charter Member#568
Charter Member

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Mods- I believe offshorexcursions account has been hacked. He's made several posts without one reference to UNLEASHED. Please look into this.
Old 05-15-2018, 05:27 AM
Registered

Received 277 Likes on 96 Posts

There's a difference between treating someone wrongly because they are different, for whatever reason, and standing up for what you believe in. Today's society is Fuked that you all need a "safe place" and a "teddy bear" cause your feelings were hurt. Craziest part is I have NEVER treated Janet wrongly thoughout this thread, in a text, or during a phone call.

And for some of the jokes others cracked on this thread, I read them as jokes, just like any time a comedian makes fun of an ethnic stereotype, or one of our presidents. It doesn't mean they are racists and un-patriotic.

I don't care if you are a guy, girl, black or white, young or old, you are not making 1250HP in a boat with a stock 871. And if there's a red flag there guess what there's more where that came from.

​​​​

​​​
Old 05-15-2018, 06:13 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

There's a difference between treating someone wrongly because they are different, for whatever reason, and standing up for what you believe in. Today's society is Fuked that you all need a "safe place" and a "teddy bear" cause your feelings were hurt. Craziest part is I have NEVER treated Janet wrongly thoughout this thread, in a text, or during a phone call.

And for some of the jokes others cracked on this thread, I read them as jokes, just like any time a comedian makes fun of an ethnic stereotype, or one of our presidents. It doesn't mean they are racists and un-patriotic.

I don't care if you are a guy, girl, black or white, young or old, you are not making 1250HP in a boat with a stock 871. And if there's a red flag there guess what there's more where that came from.

​​​​

​​​
Dude you are so full of it, get the F over yourself. you are the one that bought engine parts and then changed your mind and tried to trash the guy you bought the parts from, you are the one that cant get a certain drive because you shot off your cake hole and used the N word not knowing his wife was black... ignorance and racism as trying to be disguised as a joke is just as disgusting. being as you want to chastise everyone else I'll use a word "thief" please explain to everyone why your in trouble for falsifying records? you are such a hypocritical phuck while guilty of everything you rail against? big, huge glasshouse... You are a total Ahole for even bringing that stuff up, how does it feel having all your personal business to be ridiculed?
I dont know janet, dont care what someone does in their personal life. but the fact that she took her engines to someone that said they could do it, and couldnt then had her spend more and no kind of compensation... it was wrong and bad business, but what i hear from very close friends in Michigan it's only a matter of time before the doors close... He didnt have a problem accepting money from Janet, why does she not deserve the right to express her opinions on a bad business practice?

unleashed... idiot
Old 05-15-2018, 07:03 AM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

Originally Posted by 96scarab
That's why the membership here has been dwindling. I give it maybe two years and this forum is toast!!
They've been saying that for years and it's still here.

Also, many have been exposed here over the years saving members future headaches. It's unfair at times, others it's beneficial. Those who have gone through the Fred, Sunkin, Dudley, et al wait until the dust settles before saying crap like this.
Old 05-15-2018, 08:02 AM
Registered

Received 32 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Indy
They've been saying that for years and it's still here.

Also, many have been exposed here over the years saving members future headaches. It's unfair at times, others it's beneficial. Those who have gone through the Fred, Sunkin, Dudley, et al wait until the dust settles before saying crap like this.
I was around for the Sunkin stuff, that was epic.
Old 05-15-2018, 08:30 AM
Registered

Received 566 Likes on 234 Posts

It amazes me that anyone could believe Janet's lies. Especially when there are multiple in her very own post thoughout this thread!!!

Lets start with the first obvious red flag.......1250HP!!!???

Please reply if you believe this number
UM. With a 8-71 to boot!
Old 05-15-2018, 08:33 AM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

I know guys on both sides if this argument.. i also know guys who have been very happy with Bens engine building. that being said, I do not know anything about setting up a Holley EFI system.

Being an engine builder does not make them automatically am expert in every area. Todays engine builds can get very complicated. You can spend 30 years working with carbs, MEFI, and everything in between. Then a new product comes across your lap, and it stumps you. That just happens.

I have no idea if Ben has ever worked with or built/tuned an engine with HOLLEY efi. If he hasnt, I can see where the confusion stems from. Anything new takes time to understand and learn.

Often, engine builders whether by choice, or customer demand, are learning on someone elses dime. Recently, a guy from facebook boating group, wanted some daytona ignition boxes for his blower motors in his eliminator. Him and I talked about the ignitions. He found a local shop thats a daytona dealer, and emgine builder. Bought the ignitions from him because the guy said he could install them and set them up. After a bunch of money, and time invested, he didnt get the results he wanted... the builder had no idea how to set the box up with a custom map , and was learning, or attempting to on this guys dime. Then he was back calling me for help. Myself, I find that hard to swallow. If youre going to sell a product, and claim to be capable of installing it, you damn well better be able to do it with confidence.

I do find it hard to believe that 1250hp can be made on pump gas with an 871. Is it possible? I never tried it, maybe it is. I do know, that going from -5% to 20% overdrive, on a carbed intercooled roots setup, there isnt much heat increase , that the internet would like you to think. Also , an 871 on a 600ci engine, is still probably a better ratio of blower to CI, than a stock 575sci engine with the little 256 blower.

for the guys that know Ben, do you guys know if he has worked with the holley efi systems much? I know hes done some big power carb and efi engines, just curious about the Holley systems. I

Janet, Id like to hear more about the engine combos. Cam, heads, carbs, etc
Old 05-15-2018, 08:35 AM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 66 Posts

Hard to believe another thread totally derailed and people calling other people out, this is why this site is going down the tubes. I've known Offshorexcusion for a long time, and being a racist or an idiot are not words I would use to describe him. I think Offshoredrillin, is way out of line with his post, and posts like that, are why certain areas of this site now suck. If Janet was texting him and sending him videos during this dyno session, then obviously he has some clue as to what was going on there. There are also two sides to this story and we only have one. Thats it. Everyone needs to take a deep breath and chill out.

IMO if Janet stood over Ben and watched him try and figure out how to time the engines, then why didn't she ask if she was getting charged for his learning on the job? Again, I know ZERO about any of this drama. If I was there the whole time, which Janet claims she was, wouldn't that have been a simple question to ask?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.