Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Horrible experience  Chief engines, Precision Power Offshore >

Horrible experience Chief engines, Precision Power Offshore

Notices

Horrible experience Chief engines, Precision Power Offshore

Old 05-15-2018, 09:52 AM
Registered

Received 115 Likes on 75 Posts

I would like to feel sorry for the original poster but the whole story seems kind of odd , like they were ok with with everything right up to the point that they could not get 1250 hp out of there combo . How many dyno pulls did they make at the first shop and if the timing was so far out of wack I would think the engines would have eaten them self apart .
Old 05-15-2018, 09:56 AM
SORE MEMBER
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In my experience here, Offshoredrillin doesn't jump in without checking his facts. I try to be the same way. It's clear to me that Janet is out thousands when it should have been hundreds.
Old 05-15-2018, 10:06 AM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by 96scarab
I was around for the Sunkin stuff, that was epic.
Well, it was surely entertaining.
Old 05-15-2018, 10:12 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Wobble
In my experience here, Offshoredrillin doesn't jump in without checking his facts. I try to be the same way. It's clear to me that Janet is out thousands when it should have been hundreds.
He could be completely correct but with the limited facts I have , the story has a lot of holes in it.
Old 05-15-2018, 10:16 AM
Registered

Received 37 Likes on 13 Posts

There are only 3 or 4 people who know the facts.
Old 05-15-2018, 10:31 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

Thanks and I did make a few phone calls as I said one shoe has dropped... Lets put some clarification on some things. just so people know, this is Mark Smiths old boat, so we all know some of the history. the major point here is that Janet is dissatisfied with the service that was provided and spoke out about it and quite a few people on here decided that the persons sexual orientation was more important than the actual compliant. Every person is going to chose a business they like or dislike, that's why there are so many across the country that are reputable and some are not, there are those that were good and for reasons have gone down hill. Janet's expected horsepower has zero to do with the complaint of what was performed, as a business owner Ben should have made a concession, I have people ask me all the time if there are things i can do with their cars, some I have attempted, some i haven't, some I have not charged for and at times I gave a refund. But never, ever has it had anything to do with someones gender or race... with those kinds of comment people actually wonder why "people don't come on here"... I stand by all my statements as I know for a fact what I have said is 100% true.. I've never pretended to be perfect, I am politically incorrect and laugh at off color jokes, most of the gay people I know are way more offensive than my straight friends, but to use that as grounds for nullifying someones opinion is wrong... As for the racist comment, it was said, everyone knows it.. it wasn't intentional but it still happened. that's his burden to bear.
Old 05-15-2018, 10:50 AM
Registered

Received 278 Likes on 97 Posts

Offshoredrillin you actually don't have your facts correct but if you want to make phone calls please give me a call, I'd love to share some real facts with you, and I even have proof to back it. Maybe we will end up friends after we chat, you never know. Talk to you soon.
Old 05-15-2018, 10:54 AM
Registered

Received 234 Likes on 81 Posts

At a price of $1800 to dyno 2 motors, spend 3 days trying to do so and allowing Janet to turn wrenches on the motor/motors during said time, I'd say there was some concession on Ben's part. He gets $800/motor and $200/hr for tuning plus fuel IIRC.
Old 05-15-2018, 10:59 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin
Thanks and I did make a few phone calls as I said one shoe has dropped... Lets put some clarification on some things. just so people know, this is Mark Smiths old boat, so we all know some of the history. the major point here is that Janet is dissatisfied with the service that was provided and spoke out about it and quite a few people on here decided that the persons sexual orientation was more important than the actual compliant. Every person is going to chose a business they like or dislike, that's why there are so many across the country that are reputable and some are not, there are those that were good and for reasons have gone down hill. Janet's expected horsepower has zero to do with the complaint of what was performed, as a business owner Ben should have made a concession, I have people ask me all the time if there are things i can do with their cars, some I have attempted, some i haven't, some I have not charged for and at times I gave a refund. But never, ever has it had anything to do with someones gender or race... with those kinds of comment people actually wonder why "people don't come on here"... I stand by all my statements as I know for a fact what I have said is 100% true.. I've never pretended to be perfect, I am politically incorrect and laugh at off color jokes, most of the gay people I know are way more offensive than my straight friends, but to use that as grounds for nullifying someones opinion is wrong... As for the racist comment, it was said, everyone knows it.. it wasn't intentional but it still happened. that's his burden to bear.
I got everything you said and I will agree sexual orientation has no place in this conversation only facts , but the facts are few and far between only hear-say . How about a copy of the paid receipt .
Old 05-15-2018, 11:55 AM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

Originally Posted by MILD THUNDER
Often, engine builders whether by choice, or customer demand, are learning on someone elses dime.
This sure as heck is the truth in my business...building/remodeling. I see new stuff all the time, especially "internet of things" going in houses, most of which are idiotic IMO. If me or my crew can execute the installation in a workman like manner, all is well. If I fumble around a little bit it is what it is, however if I take longer than a professional in my field would to a reasonable degree the incremental labor is on me. If the item/process it atypical I'll have a conversation before hand to discuss cost & potential over runs. All said, over communicating with a client can be cumbersome at times to them, but surprises are ALWAYS met with the same reaction...none of them good.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.