Charles Amann passed away "Agitator" 32' Skater >

Charles Amann passed away "Agitator" 32' Skater

Notices

Charles Amann passed away "Agitator" 32' Skater

Old 05-13-2018, 02:18 PM
Formerly: Screaming Eagle Boats

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Charles Amann passed away "Agitator" 32' Skater

For those of you that knew or did not know Charlie. Charlie and I use to have a real "who's the fastest between us boat rival" in the late 90's and early 2000's. Charlie had a twin blown Eliminator, that sunk on him. Then a twin blown American Offshore 31 (that is the fastest one I know of) and then the very famous and original Blown Agitator 32' Skater that he has run 155 mph plus. Charlie still has the AO 31 and the Agitator boat.

After having it out for each other for years and a lot of the rivalry even spilling onto this site and Offshore Only in the early 2000's, we became good friends. Once I got to know Charlie, he was a man that told it how it is and no BS with him. If you were his friend, he would give you the shirt off his back.

He was very committed to the motorcycle community. He and his boys ran a White Oaks Auto Garage and used car sales lot out of Cincinnati Ohio. You would also find them working on other peoples boat engines, drives or anything boat related.

Charlie was in the process of wanting to build a new 36' Spectre with us that was just going to have insane power in it and it was a great privilege to be picked by him to undergo this task.

Charlie had been fighting a terrible foot infection for well over a year and it was just earlier this year they found he had stage 4 cancer.

We are truly losing a great man of this sport who didn't buy his way into it, but through hard work and dedication will always be known as one of the baddest men in powerboats. I will miss you greatly Charlie Amann and I will miss our talks. Todd Lamb
Old 05-13-2018, 02:30 PM
Registered

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts

So sorry to hear this. Very nice guy! I talked with him several times on the phone and mailed him a drive to work on.

RIP Charlie.

John
Old 05-13-2018, 02:58 PM
Registered

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts

RIP Charlie!

My father introduced Charlie to the boating world! I vividly remember Charlie and my Dad tuning our Sanger jet back in the mid 1980's! I remember his first boat was a Crownline 21 cuddy. He yanked the 305 out and dropped in a 400ci SBC. It still wasn't fast enough so he added the Land and Sea "stern jack" to the alpha drive. It wasn't but a couple years then he bought that 27 eliminator from Dale Francis in lake Cumberland. It had 454 mags. He and dad ran the first lake Cumberland poker run in the eliminator with the sticks pinned against the dashboard the entire length of the lake! Then over the winter he built a pair of blown 540's for it! It was wicked fast! So fast it delaminatesd. I helped him pull that boat from the bottom of the Ohio river. Inly reason to save the engines!!
next came the AO. Then the skater agitator. Dad was his co pilot at the poker runs thru all of Charlie's boats! He ran them hard! Taught a lot of us in this boating region how to work and play hard!!!
Old 05-13-2018, 04:21 PM
Registered

Received 341 Likes on 119 Posts

Sounds like a great guy. Condolences.
Old 05-13-2018, 06:03 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 249 Likes on 136 Posts

rip
Old 05-13-2018, 06:25 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Condolences to the family of Charles Amann and friends. Remember seeing stories about him and Agitator in almost every Performance Boat Magazine and seen his boat at at GLSCS or LSCORA Race at Metro Beach back in the day. RIP
Old 05-13-2018, 06:35 PM
Formerly: Screaming Eagle Boats

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by ITLLFLI
RIP Charlie!

My father introduced Charlie to the boating world! I vividly remember Charlie and my Dad tuning our Sanger jet back in the mid 1980's! I remember his first boat was a Crownline 21 cuddy. He yanked the 305 out and dropped in a 400ci SBC. It still wasn't fast enough so he added the Land and Sea "stern jack" to the alpha drive. It wasn't but a couple years then he bought that 27 eliminator from Dale Francis in lake Cumberland. It had 454 mags. He and dad ran the first lake Cumberland poker run in the eliminator with the sticks pinned against the dashboard the entire length of the lake! Then over the winter he built a pair of blown 540's for it! It was wicked fast! So fast it delaminatesd. I helped him pull that boat from the bottom of the Ohio river. Inly reason to save the engines!!
next came the AO. Then the skater agitator. Dad was his co pilot at the poker runs thru all of Charlie's boats! He ran them hard! Taught a lot of us in this boating region how to work and play hard!!!
Your dad was probably with him when they came around my 140 mph Spectre back in 2002 or 2003 down at Cumberland. No other boat ever got around me, but Agitator with those big 1300 hp each motors did. I made a big mistake when I ran Charlie at Cumberland, my boat accelerated very hard, so I poured it on him in the beginning and I never dreamed he could catch me, but he did. Those were the good ole days. You couldn't just go buy boats that ran like that, you built them.
Old 05-14-2018, 06:41 AM
Lee
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 26 Likes on 7 Posts

A very sad and terrible loss, one of the nicest people that I have ever met. Godspeed Charlie.
Old 05-14-2018, 09:45 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

God Speed Charlie you were a class act. Loved having you at all the G.L.S.C.S events over the years.
Old 05-15-2018, 11:10 AM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Rip

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.