Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Anyone run Bravo OC Props on an outboard cat? >

Anyone run Bravo OC Props on an outboard cat?

Notices

Anyone run Bravo OC Props on an outboard cat?

Old 05-20-2018, 08:40 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default Anyone run Bravo OC Props on an outboard cat?

I'm looking to buy new props for the two new 25 Liberators I'm rigging now. I'm told that the Bravo OC (outboard cat) props were designed to run on alot of the twin outboard cats. Has anybody tried them on 24-30ft cats and how did they perform compared to other props. The 25 Liberator has the same bottom as a 24 Skater and will have twin 300XS motors.
Old 05-20-2018, 09:49 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 133 Likes on 67 Posts

I have them in 32" and 35" for my DCB F26 with 300XSs. The 32s work really well and the 35s are a little too tall. I had full fuel and a passenger when I ran the 35s so it wasn't the ideal setup for them and I couldn't get the RPMs where I like. For the money, the OCs are a great all around prop and the boat responds well with minimal trim.
Old 05-20-2018, 10:21 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

How did they run compared to other props? Or didn't you try any others?
Old 05-21-2018, 01:47 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 133 Likes on 67 Posts

I have tried my old "backup" 32" Merc 4blade cleavers. They did ok on speed but the slip numbers were very high. I am currently running Dewald 5 blade through hub cleavers which are by far the best. Best to get on plane and best top end with lowest slip. I haven't done a solo run with them but 3\4 fuel and a passenger got me 108 easily with more to go before having to back off for a flock of birds.
Old 05-21-2018, 02:23 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I second the Dewald 5 blades. I am running a 14.5 X 31 on a Spectre 30 with Opti's that have DBR tunes. Getting on plane is way easier, the boat has better mid range snap, and is about the same on top end as my best set of labbed merc cleaver 3 blades. The 5 blades don't beat up the gear cases like the 3 blades do. I am very happy with my Dewald 5 blade propellers.