Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Kentucky Lake Cannonball Poker Run Info? >

Kentucky Lake Cannonball Poker Run Info?

Notices

Kentucky Lake Cannonball Poker Run Info?

Old 06-07-2018, 08:43 AM
Registered

Received 177 Likes on 114 Posts

I'm confused, is the run on the 22nd or 23rd? Is the long and short on the same day?
Is there a schedule somewhere?
Over 100 boats registered, that's great. Making my reservations now.
Old 06-07-2018, 11:29 AM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Last year they took off on Saturday around 10-11. I think on Friday they had a raft up.
Old 06-07-2018, 05:43 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by BIGSLOW
Last year they took off on Saturday around 10-11. I think on Friday they had a raft up.
BIGSLOW is correct last year was a "leave when you want" start and Friday did have a raft up in the Quarry that was so large half the boats broke off and went to Davenport on Barkley.
Old 06-07-2018, 08:19 PM
Registered

Received 419 Likes on 252 Posts

That is because no one else had a real anchor, and the few boats that did, wouldn't use them
Old 06-08-2018, 09:12 AM
"Unregistered Gun"
Platinum Member

Received 73 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by snapmorgan
That is because no one else had a real anchor, and the few boats that did, wouldn't use them
Hey Snap, did you come to Moors last Sunday for breakfast? I thought I had seen your boat on the docks!
Old 06-08-2018, 12:27 PM
Registered

Received 80 Likes on 56 Posts

Got some details - hopefully this answers some of your questions.

SATURDAY
Breaker’s Marina is reserving their newly remodeled top deck for our group, and will have a band that opens for Kenny Chesney playing as we arrive.There will be a limited menu at Breakers that Saturday for the lunch run to make sure everyone gets seated and can eat.

There is NO shotgun start.
We will attempt to get all of the slower traffic out of Kuttawa Harbor Marina by 10a.m., if they are making the long run. After the lunch stop, we will plan on rafting up at Davenport. It is much larger than the Quarry (Pisgah Bay), and closer to our host marina. We are doing it a little different this year. All of the stops were provided with Poker Chips instead of cards. They are easier to hand out, throw etc. After all the participants get 5 chips, they will redeem them for playing cards at the tent we will have set up. All cards will be in sealed envelopes.

All of the marinas are really excited and we have some big sponsors this year! If you have any other questions or need clarification, please let me know.

TM
Old 06-08-2018, 12:38 PM
Registered

Received 419 Likes on 252 Posts

Yes Jim. Saw your boat on the trailer, looking Sharp. Did you get your fuel pump issues fixed?
Old 06-08-2018, 01:31 PM
Registered

That's Saturday, all the promotions say Fri/Sat. What is going on Friday?
Also is there a party/get together for the card turn in and when?
Joe, thank you for the gracious invitations on Memorial weekend. Sorry I could not make it on Sat. night. Look forward to meeting you this trip and thank you for all of your help. Gary
Old 06-08-2018, 01:52 PM
"Unregistered Gun"
Platinum Member

Received 73 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by snapmorgan
Yes Jim. Saw your boat on the trailer, looking Sharp. Did you get your fuel pump issues fixed?
Thanks, and same to you!

Fixing to change the mechanical pump this evening, pump pressure is down then noticed its leaking into the seawater housing. But will be out tomorrow!
Old 06-12-2018, 09:03 AM
Registered

I was considering heading out to Barkley a day early for the poker run that would give me an extra day that I could volunteer to the event. There is no provision for volunteers on the site. Is there somebody that I can reach out to and offer my time? Thought this would be a good way to meet more of the local boaters and help with the benefit. Any contact info will be helpful. Thank you and look forward to meeting more of you. Gary

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.