Notices

Donzi GT 41

Old 06-07-2018, 10:57 AM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts

I too, love the new design of this DONZI.

Some people still like a nice sunpad to layout on, and of course that also makes some nice storage space, so it is a simple way to get reliable outboard power on a typical existing sport boat design.

The concern or question I have is the location of the far rear back seats being right next to the outboard motors. I am sure the Verado's are quiet, but the new 300R seems to be very loud, and 3 or 4 of them really loud. I know my twin 300xs motors are loud enough when I am driving, and I would not want to sit back there next to them even at 60mph. So having about 5' of space, vs sitting right next to them would seem nice. I have never ridden on a large multi engine center console boat. They have rear seats next to the motors, but when I pass them on the river, I don't recall ever seeing anyone sitting there, they are always up front, so why not use it for something else? Or just leave the area open with no seats?

Anyway, yes that DONZI is really cool looking, and should be a fresh idea vs. another CC boat.
Old 06-07-2018, 11:38 AM
Registered

Received 339 Likes on 118 Posts

Word is that unlike the ZRC that the boat is based on, this GT does not have a pad or a notched transom - so it'll be interesting to see how it runs with only 2 outboards. They were suppose to have it at the Lake Cumberland Thunder Run next week. If they do I'll climb all over it and get some pics.
Old 06-07-2018, 12:51 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Marginmn
Word is that unlike the ZRC that the boat is based on, this GT does not have a pad or a notched transom - so it'll be interesting to see how it runs with only 2 outboards. They were suppose to have it at the Lake Cumberland Thunder Run next week. If they do I'll climb all over it and get some pics.
Hope its there, would love to see the design in person,
Old 06-07-2018, 01:11 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 84 Likes on 31 Posts

The overall look is beautiful but I have some concerns:
  • No pad or notch will definitely slow it down
  • 41' and twins = Slug
  • The seating layout allows for lounging but very little seating for actual running.
  • The DONZI & spear logo on the side (while looks cool at rest) will look terrible when the boat is on plane. They will be pointing down while the bow points up.
Old 06-07-2018, 01:11 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,188 Likes on 515 Posts

I spent some more time looking at the renderings of the cockpit. I think if I was spec'ing one out, I'd ditch the consoles in the cockpit, and opt for another row of sit down seats. I'd give up room off of the rear facing lounger for such. Then you could safely sit 4 people for a poker run, and two more lounging facing forward. You could even make it a little more trick where the seat cushions would pop out of the forward section of the forward facing lounger, and make a seat out of that. Then you could have 6 people seated for a poker run. I always thought the 3 rows of seating was awesome in the PR boats from Baja, Formula, Advantage and the like.

(**Yes, I used the word "trick" when talking about a boat. )
Old 06-07-2018, 04:25 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Something I have been playing around with if I ever get my hands on one of the unfinished comps. (These are just quick and dirty drawings)

Last edited by Tom A.; 06-07-2018 at 06:40 PM.
Old 06-07-2018, 05:00 PM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 259 Likes on 92 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom A.
Something I have been playing around with if I ever get my hands on one of the unfinished comps. (These are just quick and dirty drawings)
There are unfinished Comps out there??
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )
Old 06-07-2018, 06:45 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Tom A.

Originally Posted by glassdave
There are unfinished Comps out there??
I meant one of a couple that I know that are just sitting waiting to be rebuilt/converted. The owners just want too much for them as they are basically complete rerigs.
Old 06-08-2018, 06:08 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 73 Likes on 23 Posts

Tom, How much is too much ?
How bad are they ?
Thanks, Jeff
Old 06-08-2018, 08:46 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

The one I know for sure is $100,000 for total basket case former race boat. Engines & drives need to be rebuilt. F2 side by side 500 boat . The other I haven't seen but was told it was similar.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.