Donzi GT 41

Old 06-18-2018, 01:12 PM
Registered

Received 341 Likes on 119 Posts

So we represented!
Old 06-19-2018, 07:32 AM
Registered

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts

Your comp looked and sounded great when I saw it on Saturday!👍 Saw a couple ZR's as well.
Old 06-19-2018, 08:14 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Marginmn
Duplicate
Originally Posted by ITLLFLI
Your comp looked and sounded great when I saw it on Saturday!👍 Saw a couple ZR's as well.
Thanks - it was a lot of fun running in that washing machine chop.- it just eats it up
Old 06-19-2018, 10:41 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 84 Likes on 31 Posts

Well the Donzi GT was a no-show at the Cumberland Thunder Run. The only Donzi at the Iconic Marine display was this Illegally parked Comp who's passengers were seeking some shade from the brutal sun on Friday as they checked out the hardware
The best looking boat in the display - No Doubt!
Old 01-25-2019, 10:58 AM
Registered

Word is that unlike the ZRC that the boat is based on, this GT does not have a pad or a notched transom - so it'll be interesting to see how it runs with only 2 outboards. They were suppose to have it at the Lake Cumberland Thunder Run next week. If they do I'll climb all over it and get some pics.
Well some real world numbers are in. Boating magazine did a review on the newest 41 GT and it did a Whopping 77 MPH with triple 400's and 1200 HP. I guess those guys in Sarasota knew what they were doing when they put a pad and notched transom on the original hulls.

-https://www.facebook.com/OfficialDonzi/videos/2131974263799571/-

Last edited by Marginmn; 01-25-2019 at 11:01 AM.
Old 01-25-2019, 11:10 AM
Registered

Received 258 Likes on 149 Posts

Well some real world numbers are in. Boating magazine did a review on the newest 41 GT and it did a Whopping 77 MPH with triple 400's and 1200 HP. I guess those guys in Sarasota knew what they were doing when they put a pad and notched transom on the original hulls.

-https://www.facebook.com/OfficialDonzi/videos/2131974263799571/-
I also don't think the boat was ever built with the intention to set any speed records at all.

I helped tie up the one that ran in the in New years fun run, it was a beautiful boat, nice lines, and TONS! of room for people to enjoy. I can definitely see the appeal to that boat but yes it is prob not a traditional power boat owner that would look into it.
Old 01-25-2019, 11:33 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Nate5.0
I also don't think the boat was ever built with the intention to set any speed records at all.

I helped tie up the one that ran in the in New years fun run, it was a beautiful boat, nice lines, and TONS! of room for people to enjoy. I can definitely see the appeal to that boat but yes it is prob not a traditional power boat owner that would look into it.
No one intentionally builds unnecessarily slow boats - unless you are an outside manufacture contracted to build the mold of a competitor. Age old lesson here. If you want it done right - build it yourself!
Old 01-25-2019, 02:00 PM
Registered

Received 258 Likes on 149 Posts

No one intentionally builds unnecessarily slow boats - unless you are an outside manufacture contracted to build the mold of a competitor. Age old lesson here. If you want it done right - build it yourself!
I feel the people at Icon marine have a good clue of their market and the drive on where the boat is to be sold/,marketed.

You can hate the boat all you want but it does not mean it doesn't have an audience and a buyer, it just isn't you.
Old 01-25-2019, 04:02 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Nate5.0
I feel the people at Icon marine have a good clue of their market and the drive on where the boat is to be sold/,marketed.

You can hate the boat all you want but it does not mean it doesn't have an audience and a buyer, it just isn't you.
The mold was suppose to have a notched transom and a pad bottom - just like the ZRC. The competitor hired to produce the mold for them left those essential features off of the mold - dooming any boat produced from that mold to be a slug. It wasn't a marketing decision to target an audience who prefers slow and inefficient hulls. At best it was a misunderstanding between the people building the boat - who thought they were going to be getting the famous ZRC bottom to work with - and the company hired to produce a mold from an old ZRC. As predicted before they even built it - the boat is a slug. Trust me, no one at Iconic is happy about that.
Old 01-25-2019, 09:33 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd argue we (OSO) are one of the best sounding boards for boat manufacturers, we are previous/current clients of Donzi, who they would expect to be their future clients as well. Many of us on here who have taken an interest in this build have done so for that reason, we have brand loyalty and we buy Donzi's. No one is naive here, we know not every boat will be built to our liking. As a community, I think we all held out (or tried to) on a verdict until the boat finally made its debut. Of course, we all want the best for the brand, but as Marginmn said, the final product is not what was initially planned. Time will tell whether this one will be successful, as well as the 44Cat. For Donzi's sake, I hope they both are, so old builds return and new one's continue.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.