Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Lake Cumberland Racing? Where??? >

Lake Cumberland Racing? Where???

Notices

Lake Cumberland Racing? Where???

Old 10-23-2002, 11:34 PM
Sssizzzle

Default Lake Cumberland Racing? Where???

After several trips to Lake Cumberland I have decided that in order to get a race at the dam, one must have to call in advance to get a race. After 10 different weekends, I have managed to get four races, an old Scarab, a Fountain, an Eliminator and one Profile. There are lots of boats that just sit there looking pretty but I think it would take an RSVP to get them out of their little circles and out to run. Come on guys start those engines, it's all in fun.

Old 10-23-2002, 11:52 PM
halffast

Default I can feel your pain

Yes, you are right, it is hard to get most of them to race down there. There are several who just go down there to be seen and not raced. The boats you raced will always race you and anyone else who is willing. They know it is all in fun. Unfortunately, there are many who don't know just how fun it is. I have been beat by as many as I have won and have yet to get my feelings hurt.

Old 10-24-2002, 08:32 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sign4boat

Next time we're out there, you can pile the wife, kids, cell phone and dog on my in-laws boat while you go run.

That's what I do. Sometimes if it's not too sloppy I keep the wife on board. When it gets too rough, and I stay in it, my left arm ends up black and blue from the beating I take from her when we are airborne.

Every evening I went to the dam I ran someone. I got smoked a few times doing it too. Once by that Profile.
Attached Thumbnails Lake Cumberland Racing? Where???-alum8.jpg  
Old 10-24-2002, 03:05 PM
Registered

It was a 26 footer with a wicked ass mountain motor vs. a 24 Skater with two original 1987 2.4 220's

We started from a 45 mph roll, where I jumped out in front of him and continued to pull him for a little bit. I held him off for a good mile or so, I was tapped out at 85 mph or. That's when I could see that he was coming on very strong. About the time I went for another look to see where he was, he was blowing past me.

I later heard he runs close to 120.
Old 10-24-2002, 08:07 PM
halffast

Default I would ride with him

This guy is in his early 50s (sorry Dale) and has been fooling with fast boats and building hot engines for years. He was running 80 when everybody else on Lake Cumberland thought 60 was screamin'. Part of his being fast is knowing the boat and its limits.

Old 10-24-2002, 10:13 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Powerboats on Cumberland? Nah, can't be.

Last edited by US1 Fountain; 12-02-2011 at 11:17 AM.
Old 10-24-2002, 11:38 PM
Sssizzzle

Default Those are the ones that just set there

I am so glad that you posted that pic. That is exactly the boats I am talking about. Add those to that little group with the two Nordics. the Eliminator and the Green Pachanga and you have the group who just set there like they have corn for sale. Come on guys, you won't get 'em dirty and when you get beat, it don't hurt. Have a little fun!!!

Old 10-24-2002, 11:44 PM
Sssizzzle

Default Where Credit is Due

I didn't mean to leave out that big yellow Baja. Does that thing even run?

Old 10-25-2002, 06:32 AM
Registered

I think alot of thoes guys that are on the lake every weekend are scared to break something or the just know that there boats are slow compaired to the guys that pull there boats home and mess with them. It is hard to get a drive or anything else fixed when you plan on comming down to the lake every weekend and your boat just sits on a hoist. I on the other hand am young and dumb I will race you anytime I am around. I just want to let you know though that I am sure you will win unless you can only run 65 also.
Old 10-25-2002, 07:20 AM
Registered

The two red arrows point to the guys I run with at Lake Cumberland. The one Fountain on the right is my in-law's boat. The one on the left belongs to their close friends. Both boats have 500s, both of them sit on a hoist during the week, and get used every weekend all summer long.

They like to watch.

They use their boats, they know what they run, and like BAJABOAT said, they don't want to chance breaking something.
In fact, these are the guys you want to buy a used boat from.

They watch me twist the ears off of my old 2.4s.

Quick Reply: Lake Cumberland Racing? Where???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.