Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Problems at Mercury causing parts unavailability/ordering issues? >

Problems at Mercury causing parts unavailability/ordering issues?

Notices

Problems at Mercury causing parts unavailability/ordering issues?

Old 06-21-2018, 06:50 AM
Registered

Received 749 Likes on 402 Posts
Default Problems at Mercury causing parts unavailability/ordering issues?

Hearing from a couple sources that computer system issues at Merc are leading to parts not being able to be ordered and truckloads of parts are sitting in parking lots unable to be delivered to dealers, shops, etc. For those in the know any truth to this or is it just smoke being blown as an excuse for the usual over-promise/under-deliver practices of some shops?
Old 06-21-2018, 11:05 AM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

want to throw out --- who is blowing the smoke here can you post a name(s) ??? Is it the dude in florida ?
Old 06-21-2018, 11:27 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Had a similar issue once. Found out the facility that I was dealing with was on credit hold / COD only and didn't have $$ to cover the COD. Not saying that's the issue here, but most mfg's want to keep parts $$ coming
Old 06-21-2018, 11:32 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

absolutely the truth
Old 06-21-2018, 12:11 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by oceanperf
absolutely the truth
Thank you.

No, the shop is not out of Florida.
Old 06-21-2018, 12:14 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by offshore312
Had a similar issue once. Found out the facility that I was dealing with was on credit hold / COD only and didn't have $$ to cover the COD. Not saying that's the issue here, but most mfg's want to keep parts $$ coming
That was my concern based on my dealings with the shop in the past. Promised a quick turnaround, then the excuses started coming in (similar to this case), and then my card which was given just to get work started suddenly had the entire amount charged to it. Just wanted to make sure there wasn't a pattern forming here.
Old 06-21-2018, 01:06 PM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 159 Likes on 89 Posts

Absolutely the truth even though it has been improving week by week and is now considerably better. The main distribution center in FondDuLac is the only one affected. Stuff out of the rest of the warehouses is shipping just fine as long as they have the stuff available.
Old 06-21-2018, 01:26 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Mbam
Absolutely the truth even though it has been improving week by week and is now considerably better. The main distribution center in FondDuLac is the only one affected. Stuff out of the rest of the warehouses is shipping just fine as long as they have the stuff available.
Thanks, Marc.
Old 06-21-2018, 01:35 PM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

Our area has been fine totally. I will add some of the stocking inventory is not as deep as years past..
Old 06-21-2018, 01:40 PM
Registered

Received 365 Likes on 209 Posts

This would make sense. You know it is summer up here for about a month. Many Beer and Braut festivals to attend before the snow starts flying again...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.