Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
OSO Southern Ohio SHOOTOUT....Ohio River, BE THERE >

OSO Southern Ohio SHOOTOUT....Ohio River, BE THERE

Notices

OSO Southern Ohio SHOOTOUT....Ohio River, BE THERE

Old 10-27-2002, 05:54 PM
Allan4

Thumbs up Bring The Pain.....

Allrighty, looks like things are taking shape here. River looked really good today, unless it rains for the next 5 days straight it won't change. Merlin, sounds good about the grill out thing. I guess you wanna use that as like a home base, right?/ (good for blowbys....hahahah)

Tom, I will post exact directions tomorrow night after I research the new interstate interchange stuff. Very glad to see you are making the trip. For those on the fence about coming, checking out this boat is worth the trip down/up. Looks like our fleet is growing as well. Seems like we are in the 25 boat range perhaps. I hope the Skater boys can make it, more fun for everyone involved!!!

I want to see the red Checkmate show up!!!!!! Then you all can see how wicked this thing is

kbt, glad to see you still have a wife.....HeHeHe.....I did notlog on until Sun night, so , yes I went to homecoming yesterday......got home at 7am......

HYper, I'm sure you will have no problem finding a seat, just come on down.

PAckin' are u in?????

Bengals are playing @ Houston next Sunday, wish they were going to be home casue we would draw some spectators away form the 49-3 thrashing......HAHAHAHA....they suck!!

SCHMIDT FIELD RAMP, 11 AM NOV 3rd.....See ya all on Sunday. Be there or be a pansie ass.........

Old 10-27-2002, 06:03 PM
packinair

Packin is to busy fighting mr. morgan right now to form an educayed opinion. anyone wana lend me $300 for gas

Old 10-27-2002, 07:32 PM
merlin540

if you want to ride with me packinair thats ok by me

Old 10-27-2002, 07:57 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Not looking good here

I have a port side L/U leaking like a siv
I drained it and found that I have some nice sized shavings stuck to the magnet on the drain plug. The gear oil that drained out had a nice metallic shine to it also.

If it was my starboard motor I would be OK, I have a spare RH rotation L/U, but not a spare LH.

Sorry guys.

It was awesome meeting you guys and I guarantee you will see much more of me next year in your neck of the woods!

Have fun and be safe next Sunday.
Old 10-27-2002, 08:53 PM
packinair

brian.. call me 419-279-2224 Scott. Might have one for you to use.....

Old 10-27-2002, 09:48 PM
Allan4

Bryan, hope you and (fudge)-packin' can get together and fix that puppy. If not, it was great meeting up with all of youlast weekend, hope we can do this sort of stuff more often. You have a seat in my rig if you want to make the trip anyway, same with you Scott. Later, A4

Old 10-28-2002, 06:53 AM
Registered

Sounds like a good time in the making. I have never been down to Cincy w/ the boat, maybe time to change that.

Allan4,
Any word about bringing the winterization unit? Would be happy to show up with "Marine friendly" fluid. That would really help sway my decision!

Great meeting you all at Cumberland, look forward to knowing a few more faces!

Matt
Old 10-28-2002, 10:02 PM
Allan4

Thumbs up DIRECTIONS!!!!!

71 S to 3rd Street exit, takes you west in front of city. Take a left on Walnut, then a left on 2nd. This will head you back to the east. take 471/50 east....there will be a sign straight ahead. Go approx 1 mile (past 471 bridge exit and past Martin rd exit). Look for Route 52 East/50 east truck route sign. It is an exit that goes right (3rd right from downtown....1st 471, 2nd Martin rd, 3rd THIS EXIT!!) At end of exit ramp, tkae a left at the light and head east. This is 52 east or Eastern Ave. Go approx 2.5 miles along river, past Cincy Water Works building on right hand side, look for St Peters Street on right. Schmidt field boat ramp and softball field. If you hit the traffic light @ Eastern and Wenner rd, you have gone to far. Turn your goofy a$$ around and look for St Peters Street (this time on the left...HAHAHA)!!!

The directions may sound a little funky, but this is why i wanted to check it out first, becuase of all the new construction. The braintrust who reconfigured the front of the city decided not to create an exit from 71 S to 50/52 east.....Nahhhh, why do that, IT'S ONLY THE MAIN VEIN EAST FROM DOWNTOWN!!!!! Drives me nuts!!

From 75 N (from KY) 50 east to 471/52 east Columbia Parkway exit(will take you in front of city heading east). From here follow the same directions as above....i.e. go past 471 exit, past Martin rd exit, then take 52 east/ 50 east truck route (3rd right or 3rd exit) and go left at light, see above for the rest.....

From 75 S (Dayton) take 471/52 east Columbia Parkway.......then follow the 75 N directions above.

For whoever is running pump gas, it is probably best to fuel the boat proir to these directions. There is one station on 52 E, but it's a little dumpy, who knows what kind of fuel you are getting.

I spoke with Jeff from Reindl Powerboats, he said they willhave atleast one boat down there. I stopped by the ramp today while writing down directions, and the river looked sweet. This should be a great time, I hope many of you make it, should be some awesome eqiupment, I can think of 6-7 100 mph+ boats off the top of my head and 2 boats that run 125 +. Should be super cool Looks like a total of about 20-25 boats so far, that's just a guess. Riverboat row is going to love this, we should really peeve off some resturant owners...HAHAHAHA But hey, the customers will like it!!

Weather report right now looks like 50 and sunny, no rain. Post if you have any other questions, look forward to seeing you all

Oh yeah, let me double check the winterizing device, I may not do mine becuase I may be pulling the motor in the next few weeks, but I would be happy to help any one else. It only take a few seconds. Sorry about the long post......Allan

Old 10-29-2002, 06:01 AM
Registered

Sounds great so far!!
Birddog I would like to take you up on that offer if it still stands let me know!!
Hope to see a bunch of boats there!!
Birddog check your pm
Old 10-29-2002, 06:12 AM
Registered

Well it does not want to let me pm so check your mail

Quick Reply: OSO Southern Ohio SHOOTOUT....Ohio River, BE THERE

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.