Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   OSO Southern Ohio SHOOTOUT....Ohio River, BE THERE (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/35522-oso-southern-ohio-shootout-ohio-river-there.html)

Allan4 10-24-2002 02:56 PM

OSO Southern Ohio SHOOTOUT....Ohio River, BE THERE

Okay boys, round two. This is obviously unofficial. A few of us will be getting together on next Saturday(Nov 2) at Schmidt Field to go boating on the River. Option #2 will be the next day, Sunday the 3rd. All are welcome. We will meet there around 11am. I will note any changes on this thread. All that attended last week are expected to show. The ramp is about 1 hr 30 min from Columbus. The water is glass this time of year. If not, all you have to do is round the bend so wind will not be a factor. WOT thru downtown is worth the trip.

Schmidt feild ramp is located on route 52 just east of Downtown Cincy. Directions will be posted upon request, however, it's pretty easy to find. The ramp is on Peters Rd. Turn right off of Route 52 East onto Peters Rd, follow to the ramp. 71 south will take you to 52 east, just follow the signs. See ya there, cats, o/b's, vees......we expect all of you. Later, A4.

Luv-N-It 10-24-2002 03:54 PM

THANK YOU! I'LL BE THERE! ONE MORE TIME OUT AND THEN WINTERIZE!:D DASHING THRU THE SNOW...

HyperBaja 10-24-2002 04:07 PM

Hope you all have fun, since I wont be there :( Ill probably be on Alum to put my mind into thinking Im there with you all...

Allan4 10-24-2002 04:53 PM

Maybe we can offer a special on winterizing, right there in the parking lot....... Come to think of it, that's not a bad idea. I will bring the contraption to winterize the motor. You need 5 gallons of antifreeze per big block. Let me know who is interested, we can run them right there in the parking lot. Takes about 30 seconds per motor. Post if you want to do this. Later.

HyperBaja 10-24-2002 05:01 PM

Hmm... We can winterize the boat or next to nothing, we just need to drive it to the Ohio River....

birdog 10-24-2002 05:09 PM

Here we go again !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will be there.............Maybe i can find some wind chop & get mine to run..........

Do you know......Are the docks still in ????

Allan4 10-24-2002 05:10 PM

What a deal huh.......All I am talking about is pumping antifreeze thru the water intake on a standard pickup B1. All other outdrives need to bring there own ear muffs. Only if you'all are interested though.....See you punks on the river.....:D :D :p :p

Wildman1 10-24-2002 07:29 PM

one last run

wot thru downtown cincinnati what a rush. lets make it a little later maybe 12:00pm.

JimV 10-24-2002 07:37 PM

How much debris is floating in the river? Is this a problem?

CFD5 10-24-2002 07:46 PM

I'm in, Bring it on Big Al!!! Me and You! Lets make it interesting$$$$$$