HP 500 EFI fuel injectors UPDATE

Notices

HP 500 EFI fuel injectors UPDATE

Old 07-09-2018, 05:49 PM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts
Default HP 500 EFI fuel injectors UPDATE

Currently we have the plug & play brand new current replacement fuel injectors for the outdated MULTECS in a twin app boat inwhich is running really well. The engines were rebuilt and then everything rigged by myself. The owner was ready to test the new injectors out because his original MULTEC fuel injectors caused both engines to run very lean. More details to come when the engines get more time on them. Just a huge update. The boat was used for 7 straight days last week during the holiday. So far total of 34 hours on the new rebuilds and the most current plug and play injectors.- that includes break in time as well.

The boat was dropped off to me today for rechecks and scanning and so forth. ALL LOOKS GREAT SO FAR. Have to admit I was bit nervous all last week with the engines running around for a straight week. Long periods of idling - holiday boat traffic - short throttle burst and so forth, Not a good way to test engines - holiday week.

Last edited by BUP; 07-09-2018 at 08:44 PM.
Old 07-10-2018, 06:02 AM
Registered

Received 107 Likes on 60 Posts

Hey Bup, that sounds great! You are one busy man. Hope I'm not hitting a sore spot, buts whats up with the bad boy Lavey? I'm just curious.
Old 07-10-2018, 10:30 AM
BUP
Banned

Originally Posted by Gary C
Hey Bup, that sounds great! You are one busy man. Hope I'm not hitting a sore spot, buts whats up with the bad boy Lavey? I'm just curious.
Its not a sore spot. Currently I have to focus on stuff that I want to get more involved in. One example is these very current 500 efi fuel injectors to be an exact plug and play replacement for the 30 year old outdated prone failure MULTECS fuel injectors. Also -- ECM / PCM repair is another avenue I am getting more and more involved in currently. That side really interests me. I have alot of other things going on as well in the marine industry.

Whats hard for me is I am only working by myself - in the past I had employees and so forth. So I have to do everything = that takes so much time wearing the many hats day after day - week after week.

You are not the only one asking about the boat. Many weekly asking, even my own local customer base asks as well. The boat is still out in Corona CA currently. I am looking to get the brand new trailer for it out to Corona currently. Thanks for asking.

Last edited by BUP; 07-10-2018 at 10:35 AM.
Old 07-10-2018, 03:32 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

By plug and play, you mean no new software, fuel curve etc? The ecm and engine will be happy with them as-is?
Old 07-10-2018, 07:44 PM
BUP
Banned

Originally Posted by dereknkathy
By plug and play, you mean no new software, fuel curve etc? The ecm and engine will be happy with them as-is?
NOPE -- pull the Multec injectors out from the HP 500 EFI fuel rail and install the most current fuel injector in their place that I have in testing as we speak. Prime the fuel system - next start HP 500 EFI engine and GO BOATING. Very simple replacing the 1980,s outdated NLA problem prone HP 500 EFI multec fuel injectors. Can not get any easier than that period. Even the dude that stayed at the Holiday Express can do the new injector installs
Old 07-10-2018, 07:49 PM
BUP
Banned

and this has been known thru out the injector world for years. Can not say it enough at some point they will fail. Some sooner than later and some way later but they will fail .
Old 07-10-2018, 08:14 PM
Registered

Received 792 Likes on 374 Posts

Nice work BUP let us know how it works out...can you give us an idea on pricing? Thanks
Old 07-10-2018, 09:18 PM
BUP
Banned

Originally Posted by 1MOSES1
Nice work BUP let us know how it works out...can you give us an idea on pricing? Thanks
Thanks I actually in my own mind thought in your post from another thread asking "why does the 500 efi always HAVE to turn into fuel injectors " - was directed at me totally . I did reply maybe not so nicely so I will say my bad totally and jumping the gun for a harsh reply on my part.

Here is my deal. YES I AM in the boat business -- Yes I am in the marine fuel injector business - Yes I make money doing so -- Yes I post alot on OSO. So my thoughts are this --- Boaters to have less issues and less expenses to operate their boat and less failures - many boaters wonder why would a person whom makes money in the boat world industry want that ? Well I want people to stay in boating especially whom own inboard and I/O boat applications - with that said - Issues and expenses consumed by the boat owner at some point will take them out of boating for good if it becomes too much and overwelming. I want to see boaters stay in boating. That is good for people like me and others. Can not stress that enough plus why as of late I have been posting alot about the 500 EFI injectors.

Every year and even currently plus another one in Monday - hp 500 efi with engine failure. Low compression and very poor running conditions. No power and so on - words from the owner. Told him straight up I am pulling the injectors this week and we will see as I bet that is the cause of the failure / Low compression on some of the cylinders. Ill post the results here - single engine app - hp 500 EFI. His top end was done at around the 340 hr mark. Not by me but another place. Total hours currently are 509. - this will be 4 -- HP 500 efi with engine failures this year alone. One twin and 2 singles. 3 boats. I am seeing the pattern with the failures and really trying to be a problem solver for the injector issue.

Last edited by BUP; 07-10-2018 at 09:22 PM.
Old 07-11-2018, 05:41 AM
Registered

Received 107 Likes on 60 Posts

Good luck with everything Bup! Hope to hear about that bad boy boat soon!
Old 07-11-2018, 07:34 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How does the MEFI model the injectors in the software? Like ford with offset, break point, high and low slopes? Or like later GM with a slope, offset and short pulse adder? Or a simple offset and slope like older GM and megasquirt 1/2? Or?????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.