Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Daytona Beach FL poker run, can we make it happen again. >

Daytona Beach FL poker run, can we make it happen again.

Notices

Daytona Beach FL poker run, can we make it happen again.

Old 07-14-2018, 04:01 PM
B38
Registered

Received 39 Likes on 25 Posts
Default Daytona Beach FL poker run, can we make it happen again.

2007 was last Poker run, Hardin marine even had a display at oyster pub at dinner party. So much variety with Daytona run, big boys play in the big pond where as the tikes cruised up the intercoastal.
yes I was there in 07 but didn't run. There where some issues with the police going out from Caribbean jacks do to no wake zones and excessive noise. Yes it did seam as if they didn't want us there. I do believe that is in the past, and if Daytona Beach patrol and other agencies where approached
With a worthy cause they may assist in the event instead hinder it. I'm willing to start the ball rolling if we all get together with a program to submit.
My 2 cents.
Kurt
excuse my typing, always bad with grammar. Lol
Old 07-14-2018, 04:39 PM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by B38
2007 was last Poker run, Hardin marine even had a display at oyster pub at dinner party. So much variety with Daytona run, big boys play in the big pond where as the tikes cruised up the intercoastal.
yes I was there in 07 but didn't run. There where some issues with the police going out from Caribbean jacks do to no wake zones and excessive noise. Yes it did seam as if they didn't want us there. I do believe that is in the past, and if Daytona Beach patrol and other agencies where approached
With a worthy cause they may assist in the event instead hinder it. I'm willing to start the ball rolling if we all get together with a program to submit.
My 2 cents.
Kurt
excuse my typing, always bad with grammar. Lol

I was there for 05, 06 and 07. 06 was absolute mayhem, boats running WFO in the intracoastal 3-4 wide, passing outside channel markers. That mayhem brought heavy police interference for 07. That isn't a terrible area for boating but the no wake zones are tough in downtown Daytona. Running on the outside is tough since you have to go south first (20-30 minutes) to Ponce then north 50-60 miles to St Augustine. If you break while outside you have a miserable ride back.
Old 07-14-2018, 08:40 PM
B38
Registered

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
I was there for 05, 06 and 07. 06 was absolute mayhem, boats running WFO in the intracoastal 3-4 wide, passing outside channel markers. That mayhem brought heavy police interference for 07. That isn't a terrible area for boating but the no wake zones are tough in downtown Daytona. Running on the outside is tough since you have to go south first (20-30 minutes) to Ponce then north 50-60 miles to St Augustine. If you break while outside you have a miserable ride back.
Hello Jupiter Sunsation, yes 06 was a tad alarming for behavior of our peeps. That was then, now is different I believe in our sport. Safety and staying within boundaries is a must in our modern world.
Daytona has a lot to offer as yearly venue and I hope to revive this poker run.
B38
Old 07-15-2018, 07:15 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 157 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
What you talkin’ bout Willis? 😆

We didn’t make 07, but 05 & 06 were fun!
Old 07-15-2018, 08:45 AM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by Lucky Strike Jr

What you talkin’ bout Willis? 😆

We didn’t make 07, but 05 & 06 were fun!
You need an update of this photo (you better add the new wife)
Florida Powerboat Club Photo Gallery Archive - Daytona Poker Run/A05-05-003
Old 07-15-2018, 09:05 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I’d be in
Old 07-16-2018, 12:58 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've been involved in some automotive events in Daytona in the last ten years and I'll say it sure seems like they don't want anything going on that isn't NASCAR or bike week.
Old 07-16-2018, 02:43 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah lets be honest, Daytona is full of old hags that complain about freaking everything these days. The police there support the old hags and love to generate city income via tickets.

Now all of that said, there is a good group of go fasts just south in Brevard County and that's an easy trailer up for us. Or hell if we really wanted to make a day of it, full on boat ride up the intercoastal (or outside)
Old 07-17-2018, 10:36 AM
B38
Registered

So the old hags rather have Bike week verses a boat poker run. Helarious. Daytona has changed emensialy in the last few years. Plus now a new sherrif in town called Chitwood. One no frills dude.
i believe if I spoke to him we would be good.

Last edited by B38; 07-17-2018 at 10:36 AM. Reason: Typo
Old 07-17-2018, 03:07 PM
Registered

Received 1,324 Likes on 739 Posts

Originally Posted by racinfast002
Yeah lets be honest, Daytona is full of old hags that complain about freaking everything these days. The police there support the old hags and love to generate city income via tickets.

Now all of that said, there is a good group of go fasts just south in Brevard County and that's an easy trailer up for us. Or hell if we really wanted to make a day of it, full on boat ride up the intercoastal (or outside)
Go fast??????????? Wheres your go fast! lol

Curt,
Yes Chitwood does seem pretty cool and level headed, sure seems like if they can deal with two bike weeks one poker run could happen.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.