Arneson or #6 Retrofit?

Old 08-16-2018, 06:41 PM
Registered

Received 821 Likes on 347 Posts

Interested to see how this works out.
Old 10-05-2018, 09:17 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just an update, waiting on parts.....don't know if this terminology is correct but it looks like we will be filling in the transom and starting fresh back there. We weren't sure if the Arnesons were going to fill the holes left by Konrads and it looks like they won't. I'm not really all that disappointed because now we can mount them exactly where we want them. Found a bad surprise, motors are out, pressure tested the headers....found two leaking, not happy but glad we caught it. Getting ready to order some props if I don't find a used set here very very soon. Hering all the way on the props. The boat also had some paintwork done, in the one picture you can see a big white radio antenna, had that taken off, along with a gps antenna and a sirius antenna.....filled and painted. Had literally a few scratches and had all of those tended too as well. Konrads will be going on classifieds.

I'm hoping the boat will be ready in a few months, considering keeping in rack storage in FL over the winter and flying down there to do some boating on the weekends. Thinking about the storage facility near Sanibel, Ft. Myers area or Miami.......not really too sure. Charlotte isn't that cold but it's still cold enough in winter to keep all but fisherman off the water.
Old 10-05-2018, 10:42 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 203 Likes on 131 Posts

Text me about the Konrads 440-476-4114 I have a friend looking for some
Old 10-05-2018, 11:08 AM
Registered

Received 339 Likes on 118 Posts

Originally Posted by hotstang46
Just an update, waiting on parts.....don't know if this terminology is correct but it looks like we will be filling in the transom and starting fresh back there. We weren't sure if the Arnesons were going to fill the holes left by Konrads and it looks like they won't. I'm not really all that disappointed because now we can mount them exactly where we want them. Found a bad surprise, motors are out, pressure tested the headers....found two leaking, not happy but glad we caught it. Getting ready to order some props if I don't find a used set here very very soon. Hering all the way on the props. The boat also had some paintwork done, in the one picture you can see a big white radio antenna, had that taken off, along with a gps antenna and a sirius antenna.....filled and painted. Had literally a few scratches and had all of those tended too as well. Konrads will be going on classifieds.

I'm hoping the boat will be ready in a few months, considering keeping in rack storage in FL over the winter and flying down there to do some boating on the weekends. Thinking about the storage facility near Sanibel, Ft. Myers area or Miami.......not really too sure. Charlotte isn't that cold but it's still cold enough in winter to keep all but fisherman off the water.
What size props are you thinking?
Old 10-05-2018, 03:15 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Marginmn
What size props are you thinking?

17.5x30x17 maybe plus or minus half an inch on the diameter if I can find used ones. If not that's likely the size. I am very likely to have to round the blades (not sure of the term).
Old 10-05-2018, 09:39 PM
Registered

Received 1,310 Likes on 731 Posts

Seen your boat the other day, looks good. Paint looked in good shape I think I remember seeing it when Velocity painted it but may been another one.

Going to be a interesting project.
Old 10-26-2018, 03:31 PM
Registered

Transom is de-rigged, transom work begins Monday I believe

Old 10-28-2018, 12:48 PM
Registered

Received 115 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by hotstang46
17.5x30x17 maybe plus or minus half an inch on the diameter if I can find used ones. If not that's likely the size. I am very likely to have to round the blades (not sure of the term).
To bad you are not a little closer to syracuse I would let you try my set of herrings 18-31-20 rake
Old 10-29-2018, 01:53 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by green lightning
To bad you are not a little closer to syracuse I would let you try my set of herrings 18-31-20 rake
Oh man, that would be right there in the range of what I need........If you ever want to sell
Old 03-13-2019, 09:24 AM
Registered

Sorry for not updating in a while, we have had delays getting the drives, deadlines, however, have been established and am hopeful Arneson will honor the deadlines. The transom has been filled and the boat is ready for rigging. A bunch of busy work has been done.......boat has new cables, trim pumps and lines, bilge is being refinished, battery boxes painted, etc etc. Will update again soon........

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.