1,000 Islands Charity Poker Run: Notes From The Afternoon Leg

Notices

1,000 Islands Charity Poker Run: Notes From The Afternoon Leg

Old 07-22-2018, 09:00 AM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 2,725 Likes on 1,224 Posts
Default 1,000 Islands Charity Poker Run: Notes From The Afternoon Leg

The second 1,000 Islands Charity Poker Run is in the books, https://speedonthewater.com/in-the-n...-afternoon-leg.
Old 07-23-2018, 07:38 PM
Registered

Received 112 Likes on 44 Posts

In the books as one of the best ever runs, sad that Mr. BT had to show up, strut in and make it look like he was a part of it.
I know where of I speak, the PRA on line comments were way out of line and not founded in anything even close to reality.

You Sir should be ashamed of yourself. Perhaps if you got your chit together you could attract more than half a dozen boats to one of your runs. These organizers raised more money from a beer cooler than you likely raised for charity in the last decade. Might ask yourself WTF am I doing wrong.
Old 07-23-2018, 08:12 PM
Registered

The above pretty much covers it.

Last edited by RaggedEdge; 07-24-2018 at 11:13 AM.
Old 07-24-2018, 12:34 PM
Registered

Received 35 Likes on 15 Posts

Interesting comments. Nice to see the money going to charity.

Last edited by 350scarab; 07-24-2018 at 12:46 PM.
Old 07-24-2018, 12:43 PM
BRT
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RaggedEdge
In the books as one of the best ever runs, sad that Mr. BT had to show up, strut in and make it look like he was a part of it.
I know where of I speak, the PRA on line comments were way out of line and not founded in anything even close to reality.

You Sir should be ashamed of yourself. Perhaps if you got your chit together you could attract more than half a dozen boats to one of your runs. These organizers raised more money from a beer cooler than you likely raised for charity in the last decade. Might ask yourself WTF am I doing wrong.

sums it up

Great run, great cause. The organizers should be proud of what they accomplished and how they composed themselves especially considering some of the games Mr. Taylor played
Old 07-26-2018, 05:39 PM
Registered

Bump.

This needs to stay up here.
Old 07-27-2018, 07:38 PM
Registered

Received 44 Likes on 19 Posts

edited... thanks Cash.

Last edited by PigNaPoke; 07-28-2018 at 04:37 PM.
Old 07-28-2018, 10:49 AM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 795 Likes on 258 Posts

Originally Posted by PigNaPoke
so what's the beef ? a guy mis-reported a fatality? This is a product of eroding morals in our society, but not that big of a deal to me.

3 posts on the front page goin on about this... lets hear the whole story without all the candy-ass innuendos. That way we know who an what to stay away from...

if its some big secret, pm me.
As it was explained to me:

Employees(owners) of PRA showed up with two boats to the run. They Attended the Captain's meeting and breakfast in full PRA attire. All of this without registering for the run or contributing in any way. They then proceeded to the course and made an obvious attempt to appear involved. At least 1(maybe both) PRA boats were nearby when a participating V took a bad wave in the congested and speed restricted(30mph)area of the river. One person was thrown into the water and one went in to assist. Rather than offer aid and assistance the PRA people took the time to post on multiple social media platforms that the boat had struck a waverunner and killed a person, possibly more, and blamed the number of participant boats and organizers. It was shared and mis-reported may more times in a matter of minutes.

Although the post was eventually removed the ramifications went long after the situation was clarified. Even to the point of hotel staff asking me/us about the "deaths" later that evening and if the run would continue in future years. There is much more but this surely gets the point across.
Old 07-30-2018, 05:38 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That sums it up pretty well Cash. Is that where the blame game started with the incident? That part was ridiculous to try and place blame on anyone for what happened out there. I heard about some serious allegations being thrown around. Too many were very quick to point fingers without knowing what really happened. There are multiple videos that show the incident. As unfortunate as it was that someone got hurt and such a beautiful boat got damaged, everyone was following the pace boat, getting up to speed just outside of the 30mph zone. While no one was free of fault as stated clearly in the drivers meeting, that area was to be a single file line. No one is to blame either.
Its a shame that someone has to come and try and create chaos in an event that without a doubt is and will continue to be one of top events to attend every year.

Last edited by RGPIII; 07-30-2018 at 12:06 PM.
Old 07-30-2018, 07:21 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 493 Likes on 229 Posts

Originally Posted by RGPIII
That sums it up pretty well Cash. Is that where the blame game started with the incident? That part was ridiculous to try and place blame on anyone for what happened out there. I heard about some serious allegations being thrown around. Too many were very quick to point fingers without knowing what really happened. There are multiple videos that show the incident. As unfortunate as it was that someone got hurt and such a beautiful boat got damaged, everyone was following the pace boat, getting up to speed just outside of the 30mph zone. While no one was free of fault as stated clearly in the drivers meeting, that area was to be a single file line. No one is to blame either.
Its a shame that someone has to come and try and create chaos in an event that without a doubt is and will continue to be one of top events to attend every year.

well said RGPIII, to bad some folks want to make phone calls making allegations and run their mouths.