Performance center console >

Performance center console

Notices

Performance center console

Old 07-30-2018, 09:02 AM
Registered

Received 90 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by Apexwarrior
Is the ROI on the third motor not there?

These boats should run mid 80's with triples. What do they run with twins? I think Chris is looking for enough power to cruise at 60-65.

Also, not sure on Fountain pricing, but I don't think MTI or Nortech are at similar price points.
If you want to cruise mid 60s you will need the 3rd engine. But you won't need 400s, trip 350s puts you there easily. Beware that your passengers may be more comfortable at a 50mph cruise in a CC. The open nature of the boat gets kinda windy at 65-70. A twin 400 will cruise at 50-55 easily.

Last edited by Mentalpause; 07-30-2018 at 09:04 AM.
Old 07-30-2018, 12:28 PM
Registered

Received 80 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by Mentalpause
If you want to cruise mid 60s you will need the 3rd engine. But you won't need 400s, trip 350s puts you there easily. Beware that your passengers may be more comfortable at a 50mph cruise in a CC. The open nature of the boat gets kinda windy at 65-70. A twin 400 will cruise at 50-55 easily.
I agree. I've spent a weekend at LOTO on a 32 Sunsation CC with twin 400R's. It was plenty fast enough for that boat (mid 70's). It was my first experience riding in a CC, and the wind is something else at speed (compared to my Fountain). It's a slower paced lifestyle in my opinion. I also was not used to being/feeling so high out of the water going that fast.
Old 07-30-2018, 01:14 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Be sure to check out the Glasstream too. JW Davis just got a 36' in that does right at 90mph with triple 350s.
https://www.davisautosales.com/boats
He's also got a new 34' Sunsation incoming too, as soon as Mercury can deliver motors. He has several other boats on order as well.
Old 07-30-2018, 01:21 PM
Ing
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 14 Posts

I've dealt with both companies. I've visited both and got excellent customer service from both as a prospective customer. Sunsation still uses wood in their construction while Renegade is all composite no wood. I'm the second owner of my Renegade and I can call the head honcho on his cell with any issues. I needed a few minor spare parts like screw head covers, hatch strut and a nav light, they express mailed to me at their expense. I'd never go back to a standard closed deck layout after buying a performance CC. We cruise comfortably now with several friends aboard and can actually carry on a conversation at 50mph with the quiet four strokes. Go visit the companies and see it for yourself. Good luck.

Last edited by Ing; 08-01-2018 at 09:10 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 07-30-2018, 01:28 PM
Registered

Received 90 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
He's also got a new 34' Sunsation incoming too, as soon as Mercury can deliver motors. He has several other boats on order as well.
I wonder just how many new boats are finished, waiting on Verados. I ordered my new 400s in mid Feb. One arrived late June, the other the first week of July. They are nowhere close to the 13 week ship dates they were promising at the start of this year. I'm sure the manufacturers will take that into consideration going forward, but in some cases they may need to start ordering engines before the boat gets started. The days of being able to change your power selection mid way through the build cycle may be gone for awhile.
Old 07-31-2018, 06:23 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The 32 sunsation ccx with twin 350S does 72-73 in rough water with a full tank of fuel.It cruzes nice at 50. And it handles really well , get a front windshield it saves your eyeballs.
Old 08-01-2018, 09:57 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

IMHO: 75 in a CC feels like 100 in a performance V...and there is really no need to go over 80. That said I totally enjoy the power of the 400's...jumps on plane and the acceleration is unreal for such a large boat. I think 3 x 400 is overkill on a 34.
Old 08-05-2018, 01:14 PM
Registered

Received 50 Likes on 26 Posts

My thoughts: I sea trialed a 33 renegade with trip 400s...I essentially had to track down the owner to sea trial since the front office did not respond to phone calls, emails, or social media messages- very unprofessional and something I would not tolerate. However my brother owned a 21ft renegade 15 years ago and he asked me to at least trial it. The boat itself looks very sleek when looking as a passerby however, once on board it’s very crammed, narrow beam and uncomfortable bow. Maybe 2 very petite women fit on the sunlounge. Two average sized adults would not. The sunroof seemed gimicky and a pain to clean.
It is a big improvement, and kudos to renegade for making a 33 leaps and bounds better than its prior 33 cuddy but still not there for me.

Down to business. This was literally scariest boat ride of my life. Clearly the driver was trying to show off the boat and it could be driver related however, in a 1 foot chop myself and buddies were truly terrified at how unstable it felt. It’s extremely overpowered and again my opinion should probably not offer that engine package for safety reasons. I think twin 350/400 would be great and keep it in a much lower price range for those looking for a 33. Materials are nice but,not premium.

I sea trialled several more boats in 33-36 range and the only boat I will purchase is a Nortech (hopefully soon). There is absolutely nothing that compares to ride quality, quality build and sexiness out there.

Old 08-06-2018, 06:27 AM
dcb
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I emailed renegade about a month ago - they were extremely responsive and helpful, got an appointment at the end of the month to visit the factory.
Old 08-06-2018, 07:35 AM
Registered

Received 258 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by GatorMD
My thoughts: I sea trialed a 33 renegade with trip 400s...I essentially had to track down the owner to sea trial since the front office did not respond to phone calls, emails, or social media messages- very unprofessional and something I would not tolerate. However my brother owned a 21ft renegade 15 years ago and he asked me to at least trial it. The boat itself looks very sleek when looking as a passerby however, once on board it’s very crammed, narrow beam and uncomfortable bow. Maybe 2 very petite women fit on the sunlounge. Two average sized adults would not. The sunroof seemed gimicky and a pain to clean.
It is a big improvement, and kudos to renegade for making a 33 leaps and bounds better than its prior 33 cuddy but still not there for me.

Down to business. This was literally scariest boat ride of my life. Clearly the driver was trying to show off the boat and it could be driver related however, in a 1 foot chop myself and buddies were truly terrified at how unstable it felt. It’s extremely overpowered and again my opinion should probably not offer that engine package for safety reasons. I think twin 350/400 would be great and keep it in a much lower price range for those looking for a 33. Materials are nice but,not premium.

I sea trialled several more boats in 33-36 range and the only boat I will purchase is a Nortech (hopefully soon). There is absolutely nothing that compares to ride quality, quality build and sexiness out there.

Renegade has always had a narrower beam then a lot of the other guys out there. Great boats but not really the same class as the other brands with a bigger overall boat.

I will always stick to the 35 Statement with twins as my fav boat, it is just a very happy boat, easy to drive, has a good beam and a dry ride. Cruise in the low/mid 50's with twin 350's.

We take one out just about every weekend and it is just flawless IMO.

Last edited by Nate5.0; 08-07-2018 at 05:35 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.