Notices

MTI passblocker

Old 08-17-2018, 11:13 AM
Registered

Received 44 Likes on 19 Posts

$699k suggested bid?

good looking boat but they'll be lucky to bring half that... these boats are terrible investments.
Old 08-17-2018, 11:32 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 84 Likes on 31 Posts

That boat is a pretty good deal when you are talking about that size boat and that kind of money.

You can buy that boat for $600K (original listing had dropped to $629K), take it to MTI to have the roof cut off and boat repainted ($100K), have the engines and drives gone through ($100K), and you could be in a "new" custom to you 180mph+ 52' MTI for about half of what it cost to build a new one.

As for me, I don't have that money nor do I want a boat like that.
Old 08-17-2018, 12:51 PM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by Bostonirish
If the boat was owned by the dealership that went bankrupt wouldn’t it be an asset of the dealership therefore going straight to auction as opposed to being brokered first ? With some of the wild stuff that’s out there now I don’t see how this WOULDNT sell. Just my opinion unless there is some damage of course .
the lender would get their collateral back, it's up to them how to get rid of it after that
Old 08-17-2018, 02:26 PM
Registered

Received 62 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation

the lender would get their collateral back, it's up to them how to get rid of it after that
thanks for clarification I wasn’t sure how that worked
Old 08-18-2018, 07:47 AM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom A.
That boat is a pretty good deal when you are talking about that size boat and that kind of money.

You can buy that boat for $600K (original listing had dropped to $629K), take it to MTI to have the roof cut off and boat repainted ($100K), have the engines and drives gone through ($100K), and you could be in a "new" custom to you 180mph+ 52' MTI for about half of what it cost to build a new one.

I don't want any 6 yr old big boat with expensive big power...... but your math looks pretty good and the boat would be like new!
Old 08-19-2018, 07:06 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Seriously?? Does it really cost $1.6 mil to build a boat like this? I think the warranty for the motors reads, :"close your eyes; what do you see?" I know merc has advanced big power, but this kind of power from this type of motor would mean they have a short fuse and must be maintenance monsters. no? I get the entire "if you have to ask" thing, but think about the cost of just owning this thing. It could be like new with the exception of being slightly dunked in salt water. Looks like an enormous pain in the azz........... even if the money doesn't matter.
Old 08-19-2018, 07:20 PM
Performance Boat Center
VIP Member

Received 20 Likes on 6 Posts

Bad news for all you guys about to place your bids... Those helmets and graphics are painted on. It wouldn't be hard for a Class A painter to run the lines through the helmet area, and redo the chine area where the roman numerals are... Aside from that, the paint job on the boat is incredibly nice in person. Yes, a tough sell, but its a very fast boat. Need to teach someone a lesson... This is the weapon you need.
954-809-8739
Wright Performance, MTI, Cigarette, Sunsation
Old 08-19-2018, 07:35 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 136 Likes on 81 Posts

Kinda funny everyone is saying how tough a sell this boat is! (I agree!). But when pressure makes diamonds sold everyone thought it was to cheap !! And they boat is rough in person
Old 08-19-2018, 09:08 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1,124 Likes on 474 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom A.

I just did some very simple maths of my own.....
If I sold my low hour, turn key Donzi for a good price, I could use the money to service one of the engines in "Passblocker".
Makes me feel kinda small.

Old 08-22-2018, 10:51 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by pslonaker
someone should ask Bernie out of Jersey, he had the boat listed and seems to know everything about everything in the boating world
certainly not everything about everything however i do know a little about a little... and the boat has been sold

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.