Originally Posted by GPM
Nice, what kind of HP are you running
710 Ilmors.
Old 01-03-2019, 09:05 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

Originally Posted by tmmii

not even that, I’d be happy to pay the prices if the stuff worked as advertised.

Just a general statement nothing about this drive.
Well I'm your huckleberry.. when you look at a propulsion system, you are looking at a general product that is designed to work under certain parameters .. A drive manufacturer mentioned in here got pissed at me for saying his drive was made for every boat, however not every boat was made for his drive. out drives are "universal fit" meaning that in order to make it work it may take more work than just "bolting it on".. some manufacturers tell you this some obfuscate the facts. Im a believer in imco products, Fred and the guys have upped the game tremendously, can you bolt this on and gain reliability, yes. will you have to test diff props, yes. being more sturdy and more gears might you lose some hp, yes, but by allowing you to use all available hp may you go faster, yes.. lastly no 2 hulls are the same, even from the same mold, each pkg needs to be tweaked and customized for each hull and power pkg. hulls an water are HUGE variables.. get used to it.
Old 01-04-2019, 06:22 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 591 Likes on 271 Posts

[QUOTE=offshoredrillin;".. Fred and the guys have upped the game tremendously, can you bolt this on and gain reliability, yes.i[/QUOTE]

This was all that mattered to me. And Imco went WELL above my expectations on the SCXs v XRs

Now if i only lived somewhere WARM
Old 01-04-2019, 04:03 PM
GPM
Registered

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin
Well I'm your huckleberry.. when you look at a propulsion system, you are looking at a general product that is designed to work under certain parameters .. A drive manufacturer mentioned in here got pissed at me for saying his drive was made for every boat, however not every boat was made for his drive. out drives are "universal fit" meaning that in order to make it work it may take more work than just "bolting it on".. some manufacturers tell you this some obfuscate the facts. Im a believer in imco products, Fred and the guys have upped the game tremendously, can you bolt this on and gain reliability, yes. will you have to test diff props, yes. being more sturdy and more gears might you lose some hp, yes, but by allowing you to use all available hp may you go faster, yes.. lastly no 2 hulls are the same, even from the same mold, each pkg needs to be tweaked and customized for each hull and power pkg. hulls an water are HUGE variables.. get used to it.
Maybe