Notices

Hurricane

Old 09-11-2018, 02:21 PM
Registered

Received 39 Likes on 21 Posts

I also wish I were closer to help out as I have plenty of space. We have family who live on Emerald Isle NC. They were evacuated this AM. Praying they don't lose everything cause it looks like they're in the cross hairs. My prayers are with everyone in the Carolinas & Virginia. Property can be replaced, life can't.
Old 09-11-2018, 03:09 PM
SB
Registered

Received 3,088 Likes on 1,390 Posts

Originally Posted by 96scarab
Bad idea if you have a sump pump.....
He's from FL. Not too many sump pumps there.
Old 09-11-2018, 03:17 PM
Registered

Received 52 Likes on 27 Posts

Good point 96 - we dont have basements down here on the sand bar. Unplug nonessential. Good luck everyone!
Old 09-11-2018, 05:45 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MonkeySea2
I also wish I were closer to help out as I have plenty of space. We have family who live on Emerald Isle NC. They were evacuated this AM. Praying they don't lose everything cause it looks like they're in the cross hairs. My prayers are with everyone in the Carolinas & Virginia. Property can be replaced, life can't.
Was just there on vacation a few months ago. Beautiful place and praying for the residents in that area and beyond. This storm is no bueno man!
Old 09-12-2018, 08:23 AM
Registered

Received 52 Likes on 27 Posts

Oh Boy - batten down the hatches folks:
Old 09-12-2018, 08:30 AM
Registered

Received 881 Likes on 478 Posts

I was in the area just south of Charlotte last month and a storm blew through the area just before I arrived. ONE power pole snapped and it turned the area into chaos for a few hours. That one pole killed the power along a major road and all the lights were out, gas stations had no power. I have been texting with my buddy as he will get a solid dose of Florence. He has NO clue what's going to happen. S. FL has done this drill dozens of times, everything is built out of concrete, people know how to prepare.

I reminded him he needs full tanks of gas in the cars/propane for the grill, CASH (no power = no credit cards/atm), etc. He expects to be fine because his house is new construction (yet no impact glass, wood frame house). I hope it blows through without too much damage.
Old 09-12-2018, 08:31 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Buoyweather shows 31-40ft waves tomorrow of NC. Be safe everyone.

Put those storm shutters up and be sure you have enough water.
Garbage bags and duct tape can go a long way towards sealing up the lower halves of any doors to the outside.

If your boat is on a trailer, tie it off to something 5-10ft above the boat so the rope stays level if there’s serious flooding and be sure your generators are working.
Half our town was running on generators for a week last year after the hurricane

Last edited by Romeomikehotel; 09-12-2018 at 08:39 AM.
Old 09-12-2018, 10:15 AM
Registered

Received 32 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Romeomikehotel
Buoyweather shows 31-40ft waves tomorrow of NC. Be safe everyone.

Put those storm shutters up and be sure you have enough water.
Garbage bags and duct tape can go a long way towards sealing up the lower halves of any doors to the outside.

If your boat is on a trailer, tie it off to something 5-10ft above the boat so the rope stays level if there’s serious flooding and be sure your generators are working.
Half our town was running on generators for a week last year after the hurricane
According to the National Hurricane Center, wave heights up to 83 feet were measured Wednesday morning to the northeast of Florence's eye.
Old 09-12-2018, 10:48 AM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

According to the National Hurricane Center, wave heights up to 83 feet were measured Wednesday morning to the northeast of Florence's eye.

Pffft,,, .that's nothing more than a light chop for an Apache ,,,,,
Old 09-12-2018, 10:48 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.