Marine technician jobs lake Ozark >

Marine technician jobs lake Ozark

Notices

Marine technician jobs lake Ozark

Old 09-20-2018, 02:18 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Marine technician jobs lake Ozark

I was just looking at marine technician jobs in lake Ozarks and see the wages are super low at around $25/hour max. I live in Canada and was just googleing for shiz and giggles that would be hard to live off. Is that the average wage for a tech in the USA.
Old 09-20-2018, 02:29 PM
ben
Registered

Received 33 Likes on 21 Posts

$25 an hour at the Ozarks isn't bad, cost of living there is cheap compared to a lot of places.
Old 09-20-2018, 02:41 PM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by Camalot
I was just looking at marine technician jobs in lake Ozarks and see the wages are super low at around $25/hour max. I live in Canada and was just googleing for shiz and giggles that would be hard to live off. Is that the average wage for a tech in the USA.
Performance Boat Center is HIRING!! Tech and Service Writers

$25 was pretty good, this thread started at $15-20 an hour (at the biggest boat dealership on the lake)
Old 09-20-2018, 03:00 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the link very interesting, I find that appalling that a factory trained tech would be payed so little money or maybe there are so many technicians they don't have to pay to well ? On the east coast of Canada it's crazy hard to find any technicians let alone one that is certified!!
Old 09-20-2018, 03:28 PM
Registered

Received 59 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation

$25 was pretty good, this thread started at $15-20 an hour (at the biggest boat dealership on the lake)
That was an interesting read. Makes you wonder who’s working on your boat
Old 09-20-2018, 07:33 PM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation

Thats 1000 percent KILLS ME and what kind of caliber of a marine tech will sign up for that and what do they expect to be had for a tech. I do not even think a craigslist jack of all trades would sign up for that one. 10 to 20

Last edited by BUP; 09-20-2018 at 07:48 PM.
Old 09-20-2018, 07:36 PM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by apex svt

BINGO - surely not a indepth trained marine tech but more so a gopher employee. 25 million dollar shop and they hire on the cheap. WOW
Old 09-20-2018, 07:56 PM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by apex svt

Similar issue: Got a new BMW, they change the oil every 10K miles under the included maintenance. I think that is too much on a high HP, twin turbo motor. I went in at 5K and was going to have the oil change. Order written up, keys handed over and as I was walking away I asked what it was going to cost.......$392. 7 quarts, filter and labor. I asked for a breakdown just to be sure it was right, labor was .75 hour ($255 hr), oil was $19 quart plus tax, shop fees, disposal.

I laughed at the guy and said the "oil change tech" is probably not getting 10% of the labor rate and there is no way I'm paying almost $400 for an oil change. So I ordered the filter wrench, some jack adapters to specifically fit the car and my first oil change was $120 all in. Next time buying just the filter/oil it will be closer to $70. Youtube showed the whole process just in case I was missing something that my GM trucks didn't have. BTW I prefer doing the oil change on the BMW over any other car as the filter is a cartridge that is on top of the motor and is very clean and easy!
Old 09-20-2018, 08:41 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 136 Likes on 81 Posts

The pay sucks. It’s way less than a car tech But what’s even worse is
what the guys building the million plus boats get paid. It’s peanuts. And the turnover is terrible.
Old 09-22-2018, 06:38 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 255 Likes on 110 Posts

Originally Posted by Camalot

With the exchange rate it would be 30.75 today

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.