Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
The Power Of OSO and a Very Thankful Deep ! >

The Power Of OSO and a Very Thankful Deep !

Notices

The Power Of OSO and a Very Thankful Deep !

Old 09-30-2018, 12:24 PM
Fast Singles Club
Gold Member

Received 387 Likes on 156 Posts
Default The Power Of OSO and a Very Thankful Deep !

Just wanted to give a shout out to OSO and a couple men who are very generous and good for their word . Everyone here understands the changes that occur when swapping in big power to a relatively short boat (25'). One of those changes include the engine hatch cover because a blower simply will not fit under it . I studied the one I had and because of its already gaudy height and shape decided the only option was to disassemble and cut it down . I wanted it to flow better with the natural lines of the boat . Low and behold I see a hatch off a 25' SXT Cat being given away and built exactly how I had imagined , only one problem , it was located in Fla. and I'm in Pa. . Well , me being a nothing ventured nothing gained kind of guy decided to start a thread here on OSO in the transportation section titled "Help A Brother Out" seeking my best option for getting the hatch shipped from there to here . Almost immediately PARASAIL941 (Bill) answered giving his phone # and offering to pick the hatch up and bring it with him as he was making a trip up North to demo a boat . I asked what his charge would be.....the answer stunned me , "I don't want anything" . I'll be honest here , I never thought I'd see this hatch . When Bill returned my call I told him that I had gotten used to people not doing what they say they will do , his answer to that , "I'm going to prove them all wrong" ! PARASAIL941 (Bill) did just that and proved to me that there are still some very honorable men gracing the pages of OSO . He told me twice he wanted nothing for doing this , once on the phone and once when I met him in person , but of coarse I couldn't allow that . So to PARASAIL941 Bill I give a hearty THANK YOU and it was indeed a pleasure to shake your hand . To Mr John Hice , the owner of the Turbine 25' Warlock , I can't thank you enough for your generosity and also look forward to shaking your hand . God willing , I hope to see you at the LOTO Shootout next year . OSO rocks !
Old 09-30-2018, 05:55 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 249 Likes on 136 Posts

Great story!!
Old 10-05-2018, 10:25 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

I am very happy the hatch went to a good home and put to good use.