Real World Outboard Cat Experience Please >

Real World Outboard Cat Experience Please

Notices

Real World Outboard Cat Experience Please

Old 10-10-2018, 04:56 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Southbrook
I've talked to Spectre & MTI. I am going to call Wright, Mystic, Fountain, Skater.... I have no problem with a year or two old, but I know most of these are pretty new models & there aren't many (if any) used ones around. I need to schedule test rides soon - I do not want to be without a boat for next summer, so if it's a build, the time crunch is on. On the Fountain, it looks like the cockpit is narrower, which allows you to walk on the sides to get to the bow, but does it limit it to a 3 seat bench? That would be a deal killer for me...

Thanks again, all of the responses have been great.
fountain does offer a 4 seat rear bench. Call Ed Champion at Big Thunder Marine he will know all the options and available units. (402) 290-8070
Old 10-10-2018, 04:59 PM
Registered

Received 72 Likes on 39 Posts

Sams' Skater would be my first choice. Easy to tow, fast and efficient and you will have to throw your kids out once they go for a fast ride. It's addictive! I have towed a 36 Skater at 10' 2" wide and it can be unnerving at times. It is a pain in the ass to get into and out of a filling station if you plan on towing much.

Last edited by bulletbob; 10-10-2018 at 05:02 PM.
Old 10-10-2018, 06:44 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 16 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Southbrook
Well, based on everyone's responses, it sounds like in the average conditions where I boat (2's - 3's), my wife won't hate it. I guess my next step is to go try out some boats.... I'm looking to spend mid 2's to 3, so either a used skater, etc. or a new spectre. I'm sure I'd have more choices on the used market in a few years, but I'm not willing to wait that long & give up that time with my kids. Wrap around windshield & 4 seats across the back are a must. Anything else I should be looking for? Thanks.
The 32 Fountain Thunder Cat is a blast to drive and has no ill mannerisms. You can set the trim before hand, put anyone in the drivers seat and the boat will get on plane and run. We have a console option, four across in the back seat and endless paint and trim options. I'd be happy to set up a demo or answer any questions you might have. We do have the five seater in stock that ran 119 at the Lake of the Ozarks Shoot Out in 3/4 mile too. They come on Myco aluminum trailers and a tilt is also an option.

Last edited by eddie; 10-10-2018 at 06:46 PM.