Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   True Friend (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/35732-true-friend.html)

jrocket 10-28-2002 10:59 AM

True Friend

Are your tired of all those sissy, mushy "friendship" poems that always
sound good but never actually come close to reality? Well here is a series of promises that really speaks to true friendship!

1.. When you are sad...I will get you drunk and help you plot revenge against the sorry bastard who made you cry.
2. When you are blue...I"ll try and dislodge whatever is choking you.
3. When you smile...I"ll know you finally got laid.
4. When you are scared...I will rag you about it every chance I get.
5. When you are worried...I will tell you horrible stories about how much worse it could be and to quit your whining.
6. When you are confused...I'! ll use little words to explain it to
you..
7. When you are sick...stay away from me until you're well again, cause I don't want whatever it is you have.
8. When you fall...I will point and laugh at your clumsy ass.

REMEMBER: A friend will help you move. A good friend will help you move a body. Let me know if I ever need to bring a shovel!

:D :D

JUSTONCE 10-28-2002 11:01 AM

:D :D :D

Rick252 10-28-2002 03:55 PM

Great. Reminds me of my friends.

Uncle Toys 10-28-2002 05:49 PM

:D :D :D As long as we are all on the same page, no one can *****!

atan 10-28-2002 06:26 PM

You guys sure do have some good jokes. You just keep me smiling!!!

SteveDavid 10-28-2002 11:29 PM

atan,

I noticed you were from Cambridge Maryland. Any chance you know Bob Bromwell? He and his Family use to own the True Value in town? I ask as Bob and I are olds friends from racing Jersey Skiffs together in the mid 80's and I use to race my Hydros (Steeler, Flyin High, Honcho, Century 21 Special and others) at the race in Cambridge each summer and stayed at his home.
Oh heck, while I'm talking old, had another friend who I think was a sheriff there, Sarge Johnson and another buddy Grason Jones?
Well anyway, if you know these guys and see them, please tell them Steve David says hello. Ever since I moved on to drive Unlimited Hydroplanes in 88' I don't get to the local races like I use to and I miss my old Friends.

Thanks!

bsag 10-29-2002 08:44 AM

steve, im also from cambridge and i know all of them(not much has changed). Robert still ownes his store, Sarge is still running for sheriff and Grason is living NJ. I talk to Robert quite a bit he buys his vehicles from me and grason used to date my mom. All are great people i will be sure to pass the word on.

brett dean

SteveDavid 10-29-2002 04:47 PM

Thanks Brett,

Steve

atan 10-29-2002 05:21 PM

It really is a small world.
:)