Notices

Bad azz! F1/Cig ad

Old 10-27-2018, 09:23 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 866 Likes on 325 Posts

Originally Posted by seafordguy
F1's real downfall is that To watch F1 you have to REALLY be a fan. You have to understand the strategies, technology, tracks, tires, rules and regulations, players, personas and all the grandeur that makes F1 the biggest sport in the world.

Like Indy just mentioned, last week we scanned our tickets and immediately walked up on turn 11 at Austin and the rain was coming down and when that first car came barreling down towards us, Even as an avid fan, I assumed his brakes had failed and he was going to end up 100 yards into the parking lot but he slammed on the brakes whipped around the turn and blew off into the distance - All in the pouring rain. It was unreal. That was my kids' first 20 seconds of "live" F1-their eyes were 3 inches in diameter. I revelled in listening to my 7 yard old jabber on endlessly about who was on ultra soft tires, who was on supersoft tires, whether they were on "hot laps" based on the amount of Sparks the skid plates were generating as they went through the turns and then insisting I turn my F1 app on so he could figure out how quickly Lewis was gaining on the Ferrari. Listening to him talk about how the mercs were gaining 3tenths a lap on the Ferrari was music to my ears!!!!

I'd love if Miami could happen and grow US interest in the sport.....

As a Lewis fan, I love thinking it's all over bar the shouting..... Roll on Sunday afternoon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
No Bullchit. That US Grand Prix was the best race I have ever seen. To see Hamilton try to pass and get denied by Verstappen with 3 laps to go was just mindboggling. How those guys kept it on the road was magical. More dramatic stuff happened in that one race than a whole season of NASCAR. Plus now we find out Hamiltons car was having balance issues too. NUTS! Verstappen starting from 18th driving up to 2nd, Kimi staying in the front, Vettle crashing, Hamilton having balance problems and risking the pit stop. Dude that was just a great race! There was chaos from the start to the finish.
Old 10-27-2018, 11:51 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 771 Likes on 352 Posts

Keith,

Let's remember to connect for next year's race. We will either go back to Austin or may try going to Montreal!! Awesome track built on its own island.....

Eric
Old 10-27-2018, 01:24 PM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

Originally Posted by seafordguy
Keith,

Let's remember to connect for next year's race. We will either go back to Austin or may try going to Montreal!! Awesome track built on its own island.....

Eric
Montreal is fun, the town comes alive that weekend, Old Montreal and Peel St are fun as heck.
Old 10-28-2018, 05:48 PM
Registered

Received 1,827 Likes on 716 Posts

Qualifying was killer!

Riccardio on pole. Love this guy.
Old 10-28-2018, 06:52 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 771 Likes on 352 Posts

Originally Posted by Twin O/B Sonic
Qualifying was killer!

Riccardio on pole. Love this guy.
Love Riccardo too, but the fast lady has sung!!!!!
Old 10-28-2018, 08:36 PM
SORE MEMBER
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Been a motorsports fan and a F1 fan since I was a kid, that has been a constant in my life for 55+ years except for a few breaks when drivers got killed, thanks to the halo and many other safety features I'm hopeful there wont be more.This year has been particularly interesting and I look forward to the next race. I will be in Miami for the first one if I can..
Old 10-29-2018, 06:32 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Indy
Montreal is fun, the town comes alive that weekend, Old Montreal and Peel St are fun as heck.
montreal is fun , been going to the race since 2000
Old 10-29-2018, 12:26 PM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 795 Likes on 258 Posts

There is a fantastic 4+ min video promo from Miami on Facebook that is epic but I can't find it anywhere to share it here.
Old 11-11-2018, 07:48 AM
Registered

Received 76 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by Keith Atlanta
I Went to Miami last weekend for the F1 Experience exhibition. I was talking to one of the planners. A lot of the people are complaining about it and are against it due to noise...
Typical city dwellers using the noise as an excuse for F1 being an inconvenience for a week. Funny considering all the exotics racing around down there past 1:00 AM. We stayed on south beach last year after a Miami Heat game, never again as the place was like being at a damn racetrack.

Anyhow, if it comes to fruition I hope there is a place to have a flotilla to watch via boat at the water front. If they go around the AAA there should be plenty of space!

Keith

Last edited by Tractionless; 11-11-2018 at 07:50 AM.
Old 11-11-2018, 08:13 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Thumbs up F-1

Originally Posted by rak rua
I follow F1 and to those of you who can't be dragged away from Indy or NASCAR, it really is worth it just to see one race before making a final decision.

Street races are generally less exciting than a dedicated track race because there's usually less overtaking opportunities and they can be a bit of a procession. However, if you are familiar with the streets and the area, they are a great spectacle. I don't know Miami and that video looks a bit far fetched in terms of a circuit but if they can create a circuit through the streets and a bit of waterfront, you should be hoping they include Miami in coming years. Looks amazing.

RR

RR has it correct, F-1 is real racing! F-1 features more tech, more challenging circuits and the most physically demanding venue. I would humbly submit, the most talented drivers in any auto format are in F-1. The possible exception being off road rally racing. The shriek off those little power plants may be more intoxicating than an offshore rig fly by. - maybe!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.