Notices

sunsation ride quality?

Old 10-30-2002, 09:50 AM
AT Cult Member #3
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Take a look at the 25 ft. Active Thunder!! Not bashin' anyone else, I have riden in all except the Sunsation. But have seen them run in the snotty stuff and the fare well. Just take a look at them all. Before you decide
Old 10-30-2002, 11:30 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Larry, I picked up a 96 Sunsation Dominator earlier this month. Port motor is doin' some knockin'. Tuesday I am taking it to North Bay Marine to take a look at it and the banks insurance company is going to take a look and see if there is a claim to be made. Boat it as a Repo. I have my eye on a set of 496HO's for it and if they doesn't happen, then two new 502's from North Bay, or rebuild the 454's and add some horse's, or just fix the port motor. Decisions, decisions. The rest of the boat is immaculate. I still have the 94 Aggressor and its for sale.
Old 10-30-2002, 12:02 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Zokman,

We have a Sunsation 28 and boat out of South Haven. The boat handles great in 3 footers, but as you would expect in any bigger seas in a light boat if you get heavy on the throttles it will try to launch. If you are over this way, I'd be glad to take you out on the lake. Heck, make me an offer, you might even be able to take it home with you.

Derek
Old 10-30-2002, 02:34 PM
zokman

Hey Derek thank you for the offer, if you still have it next summer maybe I'll take you up on it because honestly I was going to run mine thru next summer then make the switch, unless I get the bug to do something in the spring. Actually,I was going to try and make it to the annual owners get together to get an up close look and maybe a ride or two. D, the 32 with your whippled HP would be the ultimate setup. How is the out of the hole punch? Did you run it much stock? Thanks again for everyones input. Hope to be a Sunsation owner by this time next year.