Newcomer In The Market For Used - Some Thoughts I Have Gathered >

Newcomer In The Market For Used - Some Thoughts I Have Gathered

Notices

Newcomer In The Market For Used - Some Thoughts I Have Gathered

Old 11-02-2018, 05:08 PM
Registered

Received 417 Likes on 246 Posts

Originally Posted by nailit
We live And leave slidell for Tickfaw. Depending on hassle, you might as well trailer to at least here. We have come back across lake at night more times than not where the Lake is 6ft! Not to mention, you would have to fill up here anyway or as soon as you get to manchac bc you would be on fumes.

Good luck!
How many miles is that?
Old 11-02-2018, 05:31 PM
Registered

Received 32 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by underpsi68
How many miles is that?
quick route in my navionica app puts slidell at 60 miles, another 40 to manchac. Using 1,3mpg puts that burn 75 ish gallons. 1 way!
Old 11-02-2018, 05:56 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Nailit, I used to live in Gulfport. Live in Eden Isles now, hence 50-60 miles to cat/ship islands.

For Tickfaw I figured I'd trailer over to Blood River Marina and camp there? I guess you put the boat in the water Thursday night and pull it out Sunday morning?

I also thought it would make sense to do the Lake Pontchartrain loop from my house Friday, then trailer over to Blood River Marina in the morning to do the Maurepas loop. But their website says the launch ramp is closed Thursday night so dunno how that works. They also want you to drive to the Marina to pick up your run package... so that's annoying and gets in the way of doing Friday from the house.
Old 11-02-2018, 06:54 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 249 Likes on 125 Posts

If you're looking at Nordic since you mentioned a rage..I personally wouldn't consider a rage and go straight for a heat...yes the rages are faster however the heat is no comparison in room, handling, and overall comfort...I have a heat and a buddy that I boat with almost every time I'm out has a rage...his is faster but if we are in anything legit over a foot I walk away from him because he's chine walking hopping and generally getting pounded....the cabin is no comparison...his you can't even sit on the benches without hitting your head on the deck...I can walk in mine with my head kicked to the side and I'm 5' 9"

That's my opinion on the Nordic side of it...absolutely love my heat however I will say rough water handling is not up to par with other v bottoms due to Nordics not having a true deep vee but its not terrible...I've been caught in 4's or 5's and it wasn't a comfortable ride but it was dry and we made it..plus to me the overall styling of Nordics fit was I was looking for...if you look around there's a couple out there in your price range

Only cons I could say is there's no bathroom but there is a spot for a porta potty under the bed, the trailers that come with them are not great, and they take some power to get moving...a stepped hull heat with a 502 mag would be a mid to high 60's setup depending on load and prop set up...cruising at 45 shouldn't be an issue at all and single engine is fairly efficient unless its a big built blower motor like mine lol

good luck with you're search
Old 11-02-2018, 07:18 PM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 58 Posts

I think you’re hunting for unicorns.
Old 11-02-2018, 07:25 PM
Registered

Received 32 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by HerdOfTurtles
Nailit, I used to live in Gulfport. Live in Eden Isles now, hence 50-60 miles to cat/ship islands.

For Tickfaw I figured I'd trailer over to Blood River Marina and camp there? I guess you put the boat in the water Thursday night and pull it out Sunday morning?

I also thought it would make sense to do the Lake Pontchartrain loop from my house Friday, then trailer over to Blood River Marina in the morning to do the Maurepas loop. But their website says the launch ramp is closed Thursday night so dunno how that works. They also want you to drive to the Marina to pick up your run package... so that's annoying and gets in the way of doing Friday from the house.
we actually only do the run on Saturday. We don’t actually do the actual run, we normally run to the prop stop and spend the day there. If I didn’t have young kids I would definitely camp there or park an RV.

Running from Slidell is actually a nice run, top off in Manchac and do what you want.

If you end up just running on Saturday, let me know, we have 3-4 boats to make that run. We normally cruise between 46 to 50 mph. Have a couple that run 80-100 too. They all live in eden isles too, I live on a small lake in slidell, but its land locked.

Last edited by nailit; 11-02-2018 at 08:37 PM.
Old 11-02-2018, 10:01 PM
Registered

Received 419 Likes on 252 Posts

If you can find a 27 or 28 advantage mid cabin in your price range, they are wonderful boats. I have had both. I am a current Nordic owner, but the build quality of the Advantage is far superior to the Nordic. No comparison. The Nordic may be a couple mph faster, but at the expense of ride quality and things falling apart in the rough
Old 11-03-2018, 07:39 AM
Registered

Received 293 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by ph1971
I think you’re hunting for unicorns.

That's a understatement.

I live in lafayette and I have never seen that Donzi. Scam most likely.
Old 11-03-2018, 08:27 AM
Registered

Received 317 Likes on 174 Posts

I think you would be happy with a Velocity 280 with a 502 Mag or even a 496. Decent size cabin and a deep cockpit. A 290 would also be nice and give you more headroom and an enclosed head. They both are efficient and with the 80 gallon tank you would have decent range.

Padraig
Old 11-03-2018, 03:06 PM
Registered

Received 177 Likes on 114 Posts

This one puts a checkmark in more than expected boxes.
https://www.riverdavesplace.com/foru...allett.192023/

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.