Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Jaguar crash in KW?? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/357588-jaguar-crash-kw.html)

GOFSTCAT 11-09-2018 01:31 PM

Jaguar crash in KW??

Anybody hear anything of the four engine jaguar cat crashing in the keys? The old Coca Cola boat

Leapoffaithracing 11-23-2018 10:15 PM

Jaguar 50, 4 engine

The 50 foot 4 engine Jaguar named GETRUBBERMULCH.com did not race or wreck on 11-9-18, however the 35 foot Fountain P3-7, with the same name and team owner, did have a violent crash in turn 1 of the first race that did not involve any other boat. Dave (that is me) was thrown into the air and landed in the floor behind the drivers seat. Nate was thrown into the drivers seat. To the best of our recollection as we rounded the turn 1 marker we encountered two huge rolling waves with an unusually deep trough. We think the boat plowed the first wave then launched and twisted at the same time, I happened in the blink of an eye. I want to take this opportunity to thank the safety teem for their quick, professional response. As far as I know, they did an outstanding job and I will always be grateful!!!
The Fountain was not damaged other than a broken windshield which was removed later that day. Nate raced on Sunday, 11-11-18 with Connie Waldo by his side. Connie said she enjoyed every minute of the ride.
As for the Jaguar 50, Nate displayed it the very next weekend in Englewood at the OPA World Championships, where it received an extraordinary amount of attention.
The Jaquar is in the process of being updated with new aluminum fuel tanks, all new safety equipment, and 4 new supercharged big black motors that will produce 1,000 to 1,500 horsepower each depending on boost setting and fuel used. We plan on having it race ready by spring of 2019 for any series with a Class 1, Unlimited, or Extreme class. We also have a couple of shootouts in our sites, and ultimately would like to do some endurance runs along side of Nigel Hook's Lucas Oil boat (or should I say in front of Nigel Hook's Lucas Oil boat)!!!!! The Trinidad to Tobago Great Race could also wind up on our bucket list. Both Nate and I have an intense passion for racing but we also enjoy the undeniable friendships we create along the way. It is like a family reunion at every race, Nate and I have a mutual goal of creating a positive impact on the sport and hope to do our part to insure that interest continues to grow, Above all, we have a desire to thrill the fans, and give them lasting memories, and great experiences that keep them coming back for more!!!!
I want to apologize in advance if I do not reply if a timely manner, if at all, to social media. I work a lot and just do not take the time to communicate in line. Nate is the one that shines in that department.
Thank you, DAVE

Crude Intentions 11-23-2018 10:23 PM

Originally Posted by Leapoffaithracing (Post 4660649)
The 50 foot 4 engine Jaguar named GETRUBBERMULCH.com did not race or wreck on 11-9-18, however the 35 foot Fountain P3-7, with the same name and team owner, did have a violent crash in turn 1 of the first race that did not involve any other boat. Dave (that is me) was thrown into the air and landed in the floor behind the drivers seat. Nate was thrown into the drivers seat. To the best of our recollection as we rounded the turn 1 marker we encountered two huge rolling waves with an unusually deep trough. We think the boat plowed the first wave then launched and twisted at the same time, I happened in the blink of an eye. I want to take this opportunity to thank the safety teem for their quick, professional response. As far as I know, they did an outstanding job and I will always be grateful!!!
The Fountain was not damaged other than a broken windshield which was removed later that day. Nate raced on Sunday, 11-11-18 with Connie Waldo by his side. Connie said she enjoyed every minute of the ride.
As for the Jaguar 50, Nate displayed it the very next weekend in Englewood at the OPA World Championships, where it received an extraordinary amount of attention.
The Jaquar is in the process of being updated with new aluminum fuel tanks, all new safety equipment, and 4 new supercharged big black motors that will produce 1,000 to 1,500 horsepower each depending on boost setting and fuel used. We plan on having it race ready by spring of 2019 for any series with a Class 1, Unlimited, or Extreme class. We also have a couple of shootouts in our sites, and ultimately would like to do some endurance runs along side of Nigel Hook's Lucas Oil boat (or should I say in front of Nigel Hook's Lucas Oil boat)!!!!! The Trinidad to Tobago Great Race could also wind up on our bucket list. Both Nate and I have an intense passion for racing but we also enjoy the undeniable friendships we create along the way. It is like a family reunion at every race, Nate and I have a mutual goal of creating a positive impact on the sport and hope to do our part to insure that interest continues to grow, Above all, we have a desire to thrill the fans, and give them lasting memories, and great experiences that keep them coming back for more!!!!
I want to apologize in advance if I do not reply if a timely manner, if at all, to social media. I work a lot and just do not take the time to communicate in line. Nate is the one that shines in that department.
Thank you, DAVE

glad to hear you’re doing well. I spoke with Nate at Englewood. Glad you guys are gonna continue racing.

Leapoffaithracing 11-23-2018 10:34 PM

As long as our health, and money permits, we are going racing! Dave

hogie roll 11-24-2018 07:03 PM

Sounds awesome, we need some pics?

Blueabyss 11-25-2018 08:11 AM

Dave , where are you guys headquartered ?

Chris

Leapoffaithracing 11-28-2018 07:38 PM

I am based out of Ocala, Florida, and Nate Hunt is in Naples, Florida. DAVE