332 boats in the classified s

Notices

332 boats in the classified s

Old 11-12-2018, 06:41 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 122 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by Griff
Lots of free places to list boats for sale now, especially on Facebook.
^^ This. Although, you have to weed through a lot of trolls and dreamers. I've been watching the boat count too. I thought it normally hovered around 800-1000. Not just the classifieds but the other sections too. Used to post something in the morning and it would be on page 2 by noon.
Old 11-12-2018, 07:31 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

OSO classifieds and site operated “for sale” pages are for selling. Listing in FB groups- well that’s just for watching the backslide of civilization. Until Zuckerberg requires home addresses for responses, along with a network of people willing to drive to those addresses for a nominal fee and throat punch anybody that responds “interested”, “next”, or “still available”, there’s really no use in listing there.
Old 11-12-2018, 08:54 AM
Registered

Received 887 Likes on 481 Posts

On the I/O argument, look how many long time OSOr's have switched to OB's and aren't switching back.

I was kind of shocked to see a 2018 Top Gun appear in the classifieds, but at 500K I would think you could build a brand new one for that.

As far as still producing I/O vee's it seems Outerlimits seems to be the only one putting out new ones but to be fair, it is their clients that are ordering the boats to be built.
Old 11-12-2018, 09:50 AM
Registered

Received 143 Likes on 95 Posts

Harley Davidson is having the same issue of anything that leaks and can be high maintenance is passed over. There’s not much of a middle class any more so either the youngans have no car at all or scored huge with stock options and go straight to MTI etc.

All of this still doesn’t detract the way my heart palpitates every time I feel a big block start up. My girlfriend is a millennial sixteen years younger than me and just doesn’t get it, in fact it scares her. She’d much rather have a pontoon boat with a 40horse Johnson on it but I’m not giving up my big block. Yet.
Old 11-12-2018, 10:56 AM
Registered

Received 1,329 Likes on 742 Posts

Originally Posted by BUP
the site will be totally changed in less than 10 years. It will be outboard related and CC boats or totally gone. . I/O s boats will be non existing especially I/O sportboats. Majority members here -- own 15 to 32 year old sportboats currently. The members are aging and so are the boats. At some point in time many boat owners will not find it wise to keep pouring money in 25 to 45 year I/O sportboats.

I have been dealing with this same exact issue year over year from I/O rec boat owners and 4 sure the sportboat owner.. Their boats are getting older and older. The wakeboard boat owners - they are the only ones buying brand new boats about every 4 to 10 years, trading them in to get the latest greatest wakeboat. This has been the norm and growing numbers for the past 11 years from the wakeboard crowd. The sportboat crowd has been declining hugely year over year..

Less than 10 years from now USED sportboats will be extremely had to find for sale because 11 straight years nothing has been newly made. .
Hi Bup,

I get the OB's are much more reliable but sport boat OB's are not catching on either. AT tried it,,,, nothing. Outerlimits built one?

I do have a question, you work on a lot of the wake board boats and they are selling, how reliable are those? It's not like they are a outboard. I will need to repower soon and will not cut up the boat to mount outboards so I have been looking at the wakeboard power plants and wondering about those. Like the 550 PCM XS7 makes.

Kind of like the Seven marine Outboards, its still a car motor.
Old 11-12-2018, 11:07 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 771 Likes on 352 Posts

Down to 330. I'm like you, I remember when I was looking for my boat there were 100+ cigs alone. Now, 43, and it was in the 30's last week. Ashame..... Maybe things will pick up after the holidays as people start to look forward to next season..

Old 11-12-2018, 11:17 AM
Registered

Received 735 Likes on 330 Posts

Originally Posted by Baja Rooster
Harley Davidson is having the same issue of anything that leaks and can be high maintenance is passed over. There’s not much of a middle class any more so either the youngans have no car at all or scored huge with stock options and go straight to MTI etc.

All of this still doesn’t detract the way my heart palpitates every time I feel a big block start up. My girlfriend is a millennial sixteen years younger than me and just doesn’t get it, in fact it scares her. She’d much rather have a pontoon boat with a 40horse Johnson on it but I’m not giving up my big block. Yet.
Actually the core Harley crown is getting very old and a life's worth of aches and pains plus the costs of ownership only to ride a few times a year are causing them to leave the market.
Old 11-12-2018, 11:26 AM
Registered

Received 735 Likes on 330 Posts

The airport in Traverse City has two boats on display, both Mastercraft ski boats. Drive by the two major boat dealerships and the inventory and storage lots are filled with ski boats. There's a gazillion inland lakes with a gazillion summer homes in northern Michigan and you don't need a lot of water for a slalom water ski course. ed
Old 11-12-2018, 11:51 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Baja Rooster

100% agree......unless they start making outboards that sound nice I/O sport boats will always exist. Nothing like a strong V8 or V10 with pipes start up. It's like a tesla or a v twin bike with stock pipes. It's just hard for me to get excited without the sound, it's one of the biggest things for me.
Old 11-12-2018, 11:57 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Interceptor
The airport in Traverse City has two boats on display, both Mastercraft ski boats. Drive by the two major boat dealerships and the inventory and storage lots are filled with ski boats. There's a gazillion inland lakes with a gazillion summer homes in northern Michigan and you don't need a lot of water for a slalom water ski course. ed

Do they actually slalom up there? Down here all they do is congregate at sand bars in flat billed hats with their stereos belching this noise they call “trap music”, while some 20-something “town bike” covered in tattoos gyrates from the brah-arch. There are 3 wakeboard dealers within 5 miles of my house. I saw one skier and a handful of wakeboarders/wake surfers all summer. The boats are there, the activity isn’t.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.